Supporting the Trinity Doctrine? – The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 700 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

Mystery Babylon fills in the gaping holes with a call to trust.

The Spirit does not teach outside of the truth

2 jn 9

DavidL
    Participant

Saying God has given all power on heaven and earth does not make them God..

Bodhitharta – the reason God is God is because He has all power on heaven and earth.. if you were given that power you would have to be God by very definition.

Binding things on earth doesn’t make us God, just as manifesting the miraculous will never make us greater than Christ..

You also made this Husband/Wife comparison is that the way you are believing in the trinity as 3 completely different beings with different abilities that simply have Unity of purpose but are not 1 BEING?

…unity of purpose and singleness of being (just as two are one with God).. this comparison is simply an example that we can easily see showing two separate beings existing as one unit… (seeing there is confusion about this issue regarding the trinity).

Another illustration is body, soul, spirit – each a complete entity in itself… combined to make one being – simple examples that show it’s not that illogical to expect God to exist in a similar fashion… especially when He said, “Let us make man in our image.”

DavidL
    Participant

Trinity, trinity everywhere you look,

But people are blind when they read the Book…

DavidL
    Participant

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Jehovah Witnesses re-interpret this verse to say, “…and the Word was a god” to suit their own teaching…. (that Jesus was really Michael the archangel)…

If you don’t agree with this definitive verse, how would you re-word it to explain what you believe concerning the deity of Jesus Christ…?

The Scripture clearly says, “with God – was God”…which is wording that perfectly describes and defines the trinity – separate yet the same.!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

It is rather the intellectual vanity of those who claim to see what is NOT written

Such is of the gnostic heresy.

Where is your third PERSON in Jn 1??

DavidL
    Participant

As soon as I find your trinity taught in the bible I could agree.

Otherwise I would be following tradition.

What I share comes from the Bible – please show me anything I have said that comes from tradition..?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

Of course the trinity theory started as a binity theory.

Are you preferring the latter?

Or do you now realise God had a Son?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Davidl,

The traditions of men are imbued in the trinity teaching.

Jesus never taught this so it is a teaching of deceived men to whom the Spirit is foreign.

DavidL
    Participant

The issue with the trinity is the deity of Christ – to deny the trinity (like the JW’s) is to grievously demote Jesus Christ..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

” Little children guard yourself from idols” 1 jn5

Man prefers a trinity idol they can put in a box rather than the God of Israel Who sent His Son into the world filled with the Spirit.

DavidL
    Participant

you’re hung up on the word ‘trinity’ because of your background… I believe in the deity of both the Holy Spirit and the Son as equal to the Father, this is refereed to in Scripture as the ‘Godhead’…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

You would not suffer such confusion if you believed what Jesus said about himself.

DavidL
    Participant

no confusion here…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

Yes I have heard this man made GODHEAD is like a business with 3 partners.

Godhead is found in the KJV and the two times the word is used it means things different from each other and different again to what you appoint.

Check it out

DavidL
    Participant

…so now you’re saying the Bible is confusing…?

DavidL
    Participant

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Jehovah Witnesses re-interpret this verse to say, “…and the Word was a god” to suit their own teaching…. (that Jesus was really Michael the archangel)…

If you don’t agree with this definitive verse, how would you re-word it to explain what you believe concerning the deity of Jesus Christ…?

The Scripture clearly says, “with God – was God”…which is wording that perfectly describes and defines the trinity – separate yet the same.!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

Acts 10

“..God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit..”

Does this mean God anointed God with God??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

So WAS GOD means IS NOT GOD?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidl,

If your faith basis is a god not seen in the bible how can your building stand?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Davidl,

Why would God need to be anointed?[acts 10]

heb 7.7

“But without any dispute the lesser is blessed by the greater”

3 equal persons??

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 700 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account