Does 1 Peter 2 imply that Jesus is God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 385 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    A godhead?
    Since this word has scriptural origins in the kjv should not some effort be made to draw a definition from there?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    So every THEOS can find a role in your order of things.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    So which of the two times GODHEAD is used in the kjv fits with your definition of a joint head of creation?

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan
    Both times would be true of a definition of the term ‘godhead’ that means-the authority that has dominion over all created things.

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan

So every THEOS can find a role in your order of things.

Only two who we need to follow, matter to me, Nick. The Father and the Son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    No confusion for you?

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan

Why would anyone have a problem with the term godhead for two persons who are called theos and share dominion over all creation? No, Nick, no confusion, Rev 5 makes it crystal clear that there are two persons, not just one, that share the dominion over all created things and the two are both referred to as theos.

Thanks for the concern though. 🙂

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

godhead in scripture does not have that meaning.

What you have applied to an organisation of gods is your own work.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

LU……..Nick is right, there is ONLY “ONE” TRUE GOD, that is if you believe what Jesus said clearly.”FOR THOUGHTS ARE THE “ONLY” TRUE GOD. Now if our God and Jesus’ God is the “only” God, the only God head is that one God not a Group of human created false God’s.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Thoughts??

Lightenup
    Participant

@GeneBalthrop
    Hi Gene, I agree that a group of human created gods would be false and not part of a God head. However, maybe you remember that I believe that Jesus was not created but always existed within the Father before the cosmos was created. The Father possessed Him at the beginning of His (the Father’s) way. He has always been around.

What you cannot deny is that Jesus is referred to as a theos at times in scripture and that He, as the Lamb, who is with the one seated on the throne, are ultimately recognized as having ALL dominion over all created things. See Rev. 5.

Rev 5:13
    And every created thing which is in the heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and on the sea, and all things are in them, heard I saying, Unto him that sitteth on the throne, and unto the Lamb, be the blessing, and the honor, and the glory, and the dominion, for ever and ever.

I am merely agreeing with this verse and that there are two persons who share dominion over all creation and they are both referred to as theos in scripture.

Take care!

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan

What term would you use to represent that authority that has dominion over all created things in heaven, on the earth and under the earth, Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    I know God and His Son so no need to work via intellectual theories anymore.
    May the light shine on you

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan
    Do you think it to be theory or truth that there are two persons who are called theos in scripture and are acknowledged to have dominion over all created things for ever and ever?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Yes the one true God has a son that He shares dominion with.
    Why not join in the salvation offered?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Becoming an expert about God saves nobody.
    Those in the Son are saved from the wrath destined for mankind

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan

you say:

Becoming an expert about God saves nobody.

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.<span class=”p”>
    </span>

It is evident by this verse that “KNOWING” the only true God and Jesus Christ IS ETERNAL LIFE. Being an expert about God is certainly a worthy goal and is helpful in order to KNOW both the Father and the Son. I don’t think discouraging someone from wanting to know who the Father and Son are is a a worthy goal of yours, however. Why would you discourage someone from seeking the truth?

you also said:

Yes the one true God has a son that He shares dominion with.

Please tell me what type of being the Son was before He came in the flesh. Was He an always existent eternal being or a created being?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    So it means KNOWING ABOUT and not KNOWING?
    Any more adjustments you would like to make?

Where does it say Jesus was a son before flesh??

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan
    Only the LORD can adjust your thinking so that you may know and know about Jehovah.

Matt 11:27…no one knows the Father except the Son…

To know an always existent Father would require an always existing relationship with an always existing Son. There was a whole lot of existing going on before the Son became flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Why is knowing ABOUT GOD important?
    You can KNOW HIM and fellowship with Him[2jn9]

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 385 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account