Trinity – Is 1:18’s Proof Text #4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 408 total)
  • Author
    georg
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Sep. 23 2009,02:59)

Quote (katjo @ Sep. 03 2009,13:59)
    Yes,we all mess up and sin. But when your a christian you dont just go out and do sinful things on person. And when we except Christ as our Saviour, we are getting rid of our old fleshly life and starting a spiritual life. We sre going to mess up, if we didnt we would be God too. But the stronger you grow in the word, and put it into your heart, the holy Spirit is what starts guiding you, and it lets you know whats right and wrong, before you even do it,and how to treat others. Alot of people think we stand in front of God on judgment day for our sins, which is true, we will be judged for our sins, but they have been forgiven when you excepted jesus into your heart, and started your knew life in him. But we are also judged for what we have done for him.

Greetings K…..Right you are…Forgiveness comes with repentance and true repentance is when one changes…

Can't argue with that. So right. It is still hard at times, when you have Family that God has not called. We have 4 Childreen and 7 Grandchildreen. At times it can get hactic. But we always ask God for forgiveness and He is righ there and forgives us. Thanks be to our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ.
    Peace and Love Irene

Tim Kraft
    Participant

I was not aware that sin was by works. I thought that you came to God by faith in the finished work of Jesus who cleansed us from all sin apart from works of the flesh. It appears to me that do or don't do something in this world, is not what joins you to God or separates you from God. I thought salvation was by faith, not works lest one should boast. It seems to me that something you do in this life or something you don't do has nothing to do with the union of man to God by faith in the cleansing blood of Jesus. It seems to me that nothing you do could separate you from the love and union you have with God by faith in Jesus.If you can't get to God by good works how can you fall away from God by bad works? Separation from God could only be believing incorrectly that you are separated. Separation from a God who is everywhere is impossible. Only a lie or deceptive belief could create the illusion that you could be separated from God. There is no sin in God. There is no sin in Christ. There is no sin in Jesus. There is no sin in you if you are in them and believe the Truth. Thinking you are sinning is a sin consciousness that can recieve nothing from God. Believe for your righteousness! TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    And faith is expressed in obedience and not just intellectual assent.
    Man is separate from God and Jesus came to establish a way back.
    No magic forgiveness and reconciliation but first seek the kingdom.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Hey Nick: I agree that faith is expressed as itself, if faith is in love, then love is expressed, if righteousness, then the expression of righteousness which would be faith only because it is a free gift from God. Righteousness is what you are, through Christ, by God. I must admit I have a problem with the word obedience. God has given us free will to do and choose as we wish.If we choose to put laws and guidlines on ourselves then we can do so. Pertaining to God we are free. Where there are no laws or rules, all expression is obedience. What we have been expressing (through ignorance mostly by religion) has been a high percentage of evil that we create. All the evil in the world has been created by mankind. It started with the original choice of Adam of good and evil. We must reverse our evil expression in the earth or we will destroy it completely. God knows if we ever recognize who and what we truly are that is what we will create in the earth and express to all mankind. Believe God has made you pure and that is what you will express. Religion has called us sinners for to long. It has hardened our hearts. Consume love, partake of love and all its byproducts and love is what you will express to all. Bless you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    So you become what you believe?
    Sounds to be of humanistic hope and invalid.

Repent and be baptised for the forgiveness of your sins and God will send you his Spirit.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Hey Nick: Does that last writing of mine really sound like a sinners belief? I think that is a bit harsh! Bless you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    You offer humanistic fantasy so why not join the kingdom?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Hi Nick: It is from the Kingdom within that I speak and write if the expression being presented is that of the fruit of the Spirit of God. If I spoke before of destruction, evil, bad, lack, hurt, pain etc. then I would be aligned with the world as you have said. Yet if I build up, say kind things, heal, and give hope you say I am humanistic (speaking on a human level). It would be great if humanity would align with the fruit of the Spirit but that is a work in progress. It seems to me that these sites would serve a greater purpose if instead of arguing scriptures we build up one another in Christ and his finished work of righteousness, peace and joy. People don't need to know all the scriptures in the Bible to know their salvation. If a person doesn't accept his righteousness and perfection by faith in the work of Jesus he is walking dead and headed for the grave. Thats humanistic! Peace to you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    Humanity will eventually align with the fruit of the Spirit?
    Thorn bushes cannot produce grapes.
    You must be born again.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Hey Nick: I think we just agreed didn't we? The ambiguity of your response leaves me wondering when you say “you” must be born again. If you meant “a person” must be born again, I agree. If you were judging me as needing to be born again, to my own master I either stand or fall. That judgment is not for you to make! The wondrus part is that we agree that humanity will align with the fruit of the spirit. When that happens there will be righteousness, peace, joy, love, kindness, happiness, actually Heaven on earth! I believe thats what will be. God bless you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    You did not see the ?

Mankind cannot repent but men can.
    Some will.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Nick: I don't understand. You say mankind cannot turn from the way he is going and follow a new direction, but men can! That I don't understand. “Some will” repent, I agree. Yet the way is narrow that leads to salvation. Wide is the way to destruction and many are they that follow. If one follows evil, believes in evil, and accepts evil as a part of life, it is this one that is following the way to destruction. If one accepts the Truth of God in his mind and follows life, good, peace etc., then he is following Jesus' teachings of life. Bless you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    Where does scripture say acceptance of the truth of God and following life saves anyone?
    Intellectual assent saves nobody but obedience to the word of truth does.

Even demons believe.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Nick: John 3:16—“for God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVETH in him should not perish but have everlasting life”—v17—“God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved”—v18—“He that BELIEVETH on him is not condemned, but he that believeth not is condemned already because he hath not BELIEVED”—To each his own Nick, you can follow by works or obedience but I tend to believe that from Abraham forth until now, faith or believing was the true connection to God for righteousness. Bless you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    Do you understand what real belief is?
    Acts shows what is means.

Action following understanding and repentance.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Nick: Acts wasn't even avaliable until 30 or 40 years after Jesus left. I guess knowbody knew how to really believe in Christ until then. Real belief would infer that there must be an un-real belief. Un-real belief could only be un-belief. You either believe what Jesus said or you don't. Also, belief is not an action! You can sit in a chair and believe or not believe. It is to mentally accept or reject information that comes to mind. It could cause an action but it is not an action. Bless you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    Men confuse knowledge about God and His son and intellectual assent to the way with obedience to God and following Jesus.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 10 2009,13:11)
    The answer to your post is easily summed up in these 2 verses of which there are numerous complimentary verses I could quote if I wanted.

2 Corinthians 5:18-19
    18 Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation,

19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself

God was in Christ. That is the answer. Just as God was in Christ when he came to earth, so God will be in him when he comes again.

So God will come, through Christ.

Remember God is invisible, so it's not like he will come in his own body where you will be able to touch him. God is invisible, he is a spirit, and he is bigger than you can imagine.

God will come to earth through the Christ who is Jesus.

Likewise God can reside in us too.

To think that God is a being wholly contained in a body is bit silly. God will be in Christ and he will still be present outside of Christ too.

God does all these things, and he sends his servants to do his bidding. Simple as that.

This also explains how God is the only savoiur and sends Christ to do his will thereby saving us through Christ.

This is God's will.

After 1 year, 2 months, 19 days, 17 hours and 37 seconds……

I expected more than this.

Still, goes to show just how difficult a passage this is for the henotheist.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Oct. 03 2009,12:03)
    After 1 year, 2 months, 19 days, 17 hours and 37 seconds……

After 1 year, 2 months, 19 days, 17 hours and 37 seconds, you haven't changed a bit. That is your loss.

How about treating disciples of Jesus in a way that reflects how you should treat Jesus. After all Jesus takes it personally the way you treat others. Sure test teachings etc, but all that labeling and false name calling should stop. It is just an immature and carnal thing to do. This type of conduct is not fit as one who obviously thinks he represents God. Stick to debating scripture (which is the real reason you should be here) and leave your silly opinions and judgmental name calling out of it please.

It is the corrupt desire of sinful nature that causes men to despise authority and slander.

Luke 18:9-14
    9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10″Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'
    13″But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

14″I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Is 1:18
    Participant

Forgot the minutes, doh!
    Well Yeshua Ha Mesiach was not adverse to dissing faulty theology when appropriate….

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 408 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account