Scriptures used to prove jesus is michael the arch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi dirtyknection,

Thanks for the Welcome,

and edj, too..

I don't have a bible to hand – what is the problem exactly – who is saying what to whom about what or whom?

I read some JW literature that claims that Jesus is Michael, or Michael is Jesus but i still can't figure it myself…

Michael is “ONE OF THE CHIEF PRINCES” – who are the others? And WHO IS THE CHIEF PRINCE?

Saying that Michael is “ONE OF” doesn't make him the Chief Prince outright. But Jesus is always being said to be the “Superior One” foremost – at lease according to something I read in this forum before I started posting today.

This ties in with the “Was Jesus always Superior?” thread which appears to have petered out. What was the outcome of that? was it ever decided…

All these posts just go on and on and on – do anything of them end or does anyone ever agree – so far i get abuse from nearly all certain people who just tell me what i wrote to them as I f i never wrote it to them first.

oh, I can see how the threads go on and on then….

seekingtruth
    Participant

There have been resolutions, but it has been awhile as they are rare. If I have offended you by posting to your posts I apologize, I like to build on ideas instead of always tearing down.

Wm

david
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 25 2010,13:22)

Quote (david @ Dec. 23 2010,23:56)
    Pierre, if you look at what others believe, one group believes that Jesus is the arch angel meaning “chief [of the] angels.”  

Nothing anywhere in scripture goes against that.

David

thanks ,for;if you look at what others believe, one group believes that Jesus is the arch angel meaning “chief [of the] angels

it is like you ask me to follow mens teachings,non??

arch = chief  does not change the fact that they are many archangels; and Michael has to be one of them attached to Gods people that's all

Christ is not only attached to Gods people but to all of creation.

Pierre

Hi terrica,
    How do you know there are “many archangels.” The Bible never speaks of them in plural or mentions more than one.

Again, arch angel means “chief angel” (If you want to insert “of” in between those words, feel free.)

Angel/messenger–exact same word.

We can not question that Jesus was God's primary (chief) messenger (angel).
    Nor can we question that Jesus was chief (arch) of angels.

The question was asked of why JW's believe this. It's odd how no one is addressing the actual reasons.

david
    Participant

Yes, Michael is

“ONE OF THE CHIEF PRINCES.”

However, in Revelation, Michael is referred to as the leader of the angels.

Clearly, Michael, who leads “his angels” against Satan in throwing him down to the earth is not only “one of the chief princes,” but is the great prince.

In the U.S., Obama might be “The President” and also be “one of the great” presidents.

(I'm not american but I use those examples because no one knows who runs Canada.)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 02 2011,00:09)
    Yes, Michael is

Clearly, Michael, who leads “his angels” against Satan in throwing him down to the earth is not only “one of the chief princes,” but is the great prince.

In the U.S., Obama might be “The President” and also be “one of the great” presidents.

(I'm not american but I use those examples because no one knows who runs Canada.)

hi David
    Dan10;
    20 And he said, Knowest thou, wherefore I am come to thee? and now I will return to fight with the prince of the Persians: and I was going in, and the prince of the Greeks came. 21 But I will tell thee that which is ordained in the scripture of truth: and there is no one that holds with me in these matters but Michael your prince.

my question to you is who is “”in verse 21 now “I” this is not Michael because Micheal is the one helping “I”

it is the same person that talks in Dan 12;12:1 And at that time Michael the great prince shall stand up, that stands over the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of tribulation, such tribulation as has not been from the time that there was a nation on the earth until that time: at that time thy people shall be delivered, even every one that is written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to reproach and everlasting shame. 3 And the wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament, and some of the many righteous as the stars for ever and ever.

so to me the one who his “I” is the WORD OF GOD (Jesus)

and also for that reason Michael can not be Christ,but a faithful assistant to him.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 02 2011,00:09)
    Yes, Michael is

David
    you say;;
    =========================
    Non ,he (Michael) a leader of a group of angels,
    because it says that only Michael came to help,so since he is one of the princes he ONLY LEADS ONE OF THE GROUP OF ANGELS, no ??

Pierre

Baker
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Dec. 20 2010,16:15)
    Jesus is not Michael the Archangel. He is the Word of God. If he was Michael it would say.

I think the reason why some believe Michael is Jesus is, the name Michael means, “who is like God”.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Jan. 02 2011,04:29)

Jesus is not Michael the Archangel. He is the Word of God. If he was Michael it would say.

I think the reason why some believe Michael is Jesus is, the name Michael means, “who is like God”.

Georg

georg

what does it mean “who is like God””??

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 03 2011,09:24)

Georg

georg

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

All names in Hebrew carry meanings…

The name “Michael” means: “Who is like EL”   …(EL is the title God in Hebrew)

The name “Micah” means: “Who is like YAH”   …(YAH is God's name in Hebrew)

The name “Isaiah” means: “Salvation of YAH“.   …You do understand now; don't you?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 03 2011,16:38)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 03 2011,09:24)

Georg

georg

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

All names in Hebrew carry meanings…

The name “Michael” means: “Who is like EL”   …(EL is the title God in Hebrew)

The name “Micah” means: “Who is like YAH”   …(YAH is God's name in Hebrew)

The name “Isaiah” means: “Salvation of YAH“.   …You do understand now; don't you?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

EDJ

I know that, but that was not the answer,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

georg

what does it mean “who is like God””?? i mean like God ,spirit ?? in will ?? in love ?? in image ?? or it means like doing Gods will ??

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

David

were are you ,??

Pierre

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    You should see how the JW folly of Jesus being Michael arose.
    One verse added to with false logic
    David will explain it.

david
    Participant

I'm not sure why you always want me to explain it.
    And there are like 7 threads on this. You only brought 2 up. There are 5 more you might as well grab.

nick, no point in me explaining it to you when you can't grasp that messenger and angel are the exact same word in greek.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    I think these teachings embarrass you.
    You know better than their authors but can't let go?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account