Hello and Good-Bye

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author

This is my last time on here, I am leaving here because of a few unnamed problems I have here.

God bless,
    T-a-A

Irene
    Participant

Quote (Theologian-and-Apologist @ July 15 2008,09:18)
    This is my last time on here, I am leaving here because of a few unnamed problems I have here.

God bless,
    T-a-A

I don't get it, you too just joined. Why did you if you don;t even give it a chance. We all have problems with some, we don't all agree.
    Peace and Love Irene

charity
    Participant

Quote (Theologian-and-Apologist @ July 15 2008,09:18)

God bless,
    T-a-A

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUGESTONS

WILL CHECK SOME OF THE BOOKS OUT!

:) TAKE CARE

kejonn
    Participant

Perhaps he is leaving here because people no longer accept blind faith as a reasonable alternative?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Or perhaps he is leaving because he doesn't want to be with those who have no faith. Who knows?

If that is the case Theologian-and-Apologist, there is always the believers category.

There should be no interruptions there and if there is, they are usually cast out into the outer forums, like this one.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Theologian-and-Apologist, I just read some of your posts. Know this, that you may be talking sometimes to people who are not interested in one iota of truth, but that doesn't matter, because they make a great springboard for getting truth out there to those who read. There are plenty of readers here and what you type will be read for many years to come too.

Hecklers are actually very useful. Use them wisely I say.

:)

Quote (kejonn @ July 15 2008,14:52)
    Perhaps he is leaving here because people no longer accept blind faith as a reasonable alternative?

No, Kejohn, it is because you are throwing empty insults at me. Please stop.

The only argument you have made against me is saying that I have blind faith, I want you to read my report on the miller-urey experiment on the “Do you believe in Evolution?” Thread.

Word hurt, and it hurts even more knowing that you are very stubborn in the will, as in no matter what evidence you will say I have a 'blind faith.'

charity
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ July 15 2008,23:37)
    Theologian-and-Apologist, I just read some of your posts. Know this, that you may be talking sometimes to people who are not interested in one iota of truth, but that doesn't matter, because they make a great springboard for getting truth out there to those who read. There are plenty of readers here and what you type will be read for many years to come too.

Hecklers are actually very useful. Use them wisely I say.

:)

yes t8, the readers over the last year have increased, I remember when I first arrived here, the days were slow, but with faith we all came.
    Many thanks to this forum, I hope it is blessed!
    And I hope the users will be blessed, for there is nothing without them.
    And i hope and pray with my thoughts, towards Mandy, that she is well, and the things that surround her life, are appearing not so bad, with each day.

take care t8, o and I am used to not being answered Theologian-and-Apologist, so feel welcome by responce.

charity :)

I will still stay here, Is there a way to turn off posts by a certain member?

Irene
    Participant

Quote (Theologian-and-Apologist @ July 16 2008,10:53)

I don't think so, You just have to ignore those that bother you. That is what I do. Kejonn for instance does not believe that Jesus is our Messiah. So you have to go to Scripture to see how we are to handle such a person. Dust of your shoes and don't engage with Him, that is my advice to you.
    Peace and Love Irene

charity
    Participant

Quote (Irene @ July 16 2008,11:43)

I don't think so, You just have to ignore those that bother you. That is what I do. Kejonn for instance does not believe that Jesus is our Messiah. So you have to go to Scripture to see how we are to handle such a person. Dust of your shoes and don't engage with Him, that is my advice to you.
    Peace and Love Irene

Yes you leave their house, is it? you don't ask them leave your house, the scripture is in respect of instructon to you, you are on the run, preaching your faith that you perceived to be the instruction, and if they don't like it and don't agree, then don’t stay! and don't attempt to force them any further, or  just incase they change their mind if you have a little patience and spare yourself to suffer, under the twisted two edge natures of the blunted sWORD-charity

Irene
    Participant

Quote (charity @ July 16 2008,12:07)

Quote (Irene @ July 16 2008,11:43)

Peace and Love Irene

Yes you leave their house, is it? you don't ask them leave your house, the scripture is in respect of instructon to you, you are on the run, preaching your faith that you perceived to be the instruction, and if they don't like it and don't agree, then don’t stay! and don't attempt to force them any further, or  just incase they change their mind if you have a little patience and spare yourself to suffer, under the twisted two edge natures of the blunted sWORD-charity

Sorry Charity that I do not agree with you. Since kejonn does not believe in Jesus Christ, Scriptures says that He does not have the Father either. you can blame me all you want, I did not make that choie Kejonn did. I do agree it is always sad when that happens, but It is better for me in my walk with Jesus and our Heavenly Father not to respond to Him. That is my choice. Whether you like it or not, is not my concern. That responsibility is mine and mine alone to make.
    Peace and Love Irene

kejonn
    Participant

What if I find it to be sad that people place their hope in something that has no evidence of being real outside of a book? Does my sorrow count? What if I find it to be sad that so many shun potential relationships with good people out there because they don't agree that Jesus is the savior of the world? I know, I missed out on many potential friendships with great people in life because they didn't believe as I did.

kejonn
    Participant

IOW, see my tagline. In case it changes:

“We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.” — Jonathan Swift

Quote (kejonn @ July 17 2008,00:04)
    What if I find it to be sad that people place their hope in something that has no evidence of being real outside of a book? Does my sorrow count? What if I find it to be sad that so many shun potential relationships with good people out there because they don't agree that Jesus is the savior of the world? I know, I missed out on many potential friendships with great people in life because they didn't believe as I did.

Hi kejonn

But why do you assume that those who believe in God have not had personal experiences with him and that he speaks to them and leads them and that in fact the book witnesses to them of the truth by their experience?

Just because your experience is different doesnt make you able of judging theirs does it?

???

Quote (kejonn @ July 17 2008,00:05)

“We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.” — Jonathan Swift

Hi kevin

I agree man made religion stinks. However that doesnt negate real life experiences of love from God and to him through a personal relationship with him.

God is not dead but is alive and living in the temples of millions of people who also bear witness to this reality.

WJ

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 16 2008,09:26)

Quote (kejonn @ July 17 2008,00:04)

Hi kejonn

But why do you assume that those who believe in God have not had personal experiences with him and that he speaks to them and leads them and that in fact the book witnesses to them of the truth by their experience?

Just because your experience is different doesnt make you able of judging theirs does it?

???

What are those personal experiences? Are they truly evidence of Jesus and/or God, or are they evidence that people can claim anything based on their beliefs? Someone cured of cancer? God did it. Someone dies of cancer? God wanted that person to die. IOW, every answer assumes God had his hand all over it.

What I said is that there is no evidence of Jesus outside of the bible. None. Therefore, no one should think twice about people who don't accept Jesus, nor would God. If God wanted people to know Jesus, he would have left more than just some writings about him.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 16 2008,10:36)

Quote (kejonn @ July 17 2008,00:05)

Hi kevin

I agree man made religion stinks. However that doesnt negate real life experiences of love from God and to him through a personal relationship with him.

God is not dead but is alive and living in the temples of millions of people who also bear witness to this reality.

WJ

Can't the same be said of Muslims and Hindus?

Inner feeling and such is not the only place for truth, but truth is where the truth is.

I do not think a book is the only way to find evidence, but rather looking at evidence is how you find truth.

According to all the evidence, Christianity is firm and all other grounds are blind faiths. Yes Kejohn, I am sorry to say, but this includes you.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Theologian-and-Apologist @ July 16 2008,15:59)
    Inner feeling and such is not the only place for truth, but truth is where the truth is.

I do not think a book is the only way to find evidence, but rather looking at evidence is how you find truth.

According to all the evidence, Christianity is firm and all other grounds are blind faiths. Yes Kejohn, I am sorry to say, but this includes you.

What evidence?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account