God's plan of salvation as revealed in Scripture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    When you talk of the next age you are referring to the 1000 yr reign of Christ on earth are you not?[rev20.6].I don't know why this topic is so little discussed as it is the next step so judgement is a long way off yet. The saved will be as judges and rulers but Sin will still be present among us during that time as some will survive ther great tribulation and Satan will expose it in the rebellion of Rev 20.9. God has a refining process at work to produce a perfect product fit to share eternity with. Your thoughts?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Matthew 12:32
    Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Hebrews 2:5
    It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking.

Interesting though.

Is the Millenial Reign part of the age to come, or is it the New Heaven and Earth where sin has never dwelt, that is the Age to Come?

I know that we will not marry in that age, but will be like the angels.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    “The children of this age marry and are given in marriage ,but those judged worthy of a place in the age to come and of resurrection from the dead [ie the First R. at the beginning of the 1000yrs.Rev 20 1-5,1Cor 15.22-23] do not. They become like angels and are no longer liable to death .Sons of the resurrection ,they are sons of God…” Lk 20.34f .

This time [because AGE relates to time]was also mentioned by Jesus in Lk 18.30,Mk 10 30 etc.

It is also the meaning behind the SABBATH REST mentioned in Hebrews 3 and 4 and why it was so important to not miss out on that REST.

Life is a week ,seven is God's perfect number.. Every day is as 1000 years to God.[2 Peter 3 .8], 4000 years from Adam to Jesus [If you add the “begats”,including 2000 to Abraham]and about 2000 since, means the SABBATH REST [the millenial kingdom ] is soon and makes up the week.

According to Rev 21 the New Heavens and New Earth appears only after the 1000 yr reign ,and the second resurrection and the final judgement so it is still the battered and bruised old earth that Jesus rules as King.

hope this helps.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yeah I think that the millenial reign is on this earth and it is the sabbath day (thousand years 1 day). But when Jesus talks about the Age to Come, I am not sure if that includes the Millenium or whether the Millenium is part of this age. Is the Sabbath day part of the old week or the beginning of a new one?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,
    The Sabbath is the last day of the week, the day of rest. As I said an AGE relates to TIME so certainly includes the Millenium. Jesus talked of this present age and the age to come and I would have thought the boundary between those two would be His return to Earth. I would also have thought at the end of the millenial age time would again cease as we enter eternity. Certainly there will be no night [Re21.25 and 22 5]What are your thoughts?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Not sure, but if it is the moment that Jesus takes political control, then we will no longer marry during the Millenium. If this is the case, then perhaps this applies to those of the first resurrection and there maybe others who marry and/or born during the Millenium.

Whatever the case, I eagerly look forward to this time.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,
    Ther will still be sin in the 1000 year reign as it is exposed in the rebellion incited by the release of Satan at the end of that time[Rev 20 7-10].God has a constant process of purification of people to perfect them to ready them for heaven and remove the dross.

If the accuser of the brethren is disabled then who can make trouble for us? It will be wonderful watching the King restoring the Earth to order.

I know the saved will be asexual [like angels-Mt 22.30]]. Some suppose that there will be natural people too who survive the great tribulation present also-I will have to study it further but God always seems to leave a remnant.

Proclaimer
    Participant

True,

2 Peter 3:13
    But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

Revelation 21
    1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.
    2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
    3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
    4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
    5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

This is after the Millenium.

NickHassan
    Participant

I agree.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,
    What about the Wedding feast of the Lamb. It is mentioned in Revelation 19.7 after the fall of Babylon and before Jesus stands again on earth as the Redeemer King going into battle.The true Church is the Bride of Jesus.

Could it be that this is when the Rapture occurs for the good bridesmaids? Those awake are taken out of the time of stress before the Bridegroom shuts the door? Is it during the great tribulation that the Wedding feast takes place?

Jesus provide lots of scriptures about those not wearing the correct clothes,taken from the highways and byways,about sitting at the lowest place and about Him serving us?What else would the raptured have to do while awaiting the first resurrection.

Who knows?

NickHassan
    Participant

And also continuing
    Lk 22.27f
    ” Who is greater ,the one who reclines at table or the one who serves. Is it not the one who reclines at table. But I am among you as one who serves.
    And you are those who stood by Me in My trials, and just as My Father has granted Me a kingdom ,I grant you that you may eat and drink at My table in my kingdom ,and you will sit on thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel.”

It reads as Wedding Fest followed by the Millenial Kingdom.

I know that we join the Kingdom now but I do wonder if all the parables about the kingdom primarily show aspects of that Millenial Kingdom?

Who knows?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 05 2004,22:49)
    Hi t8,
    What about the Wedding feast of the Lamb. It is mentioned in Revelation 19.7 after the fall of Babylon and before Jesus stands again on earth as the Redeemer King going into battle.The true Church is the Bride of Jesus.

Could it be that this is when the Rapture occurs for the good bridesmaids? Those awake are taken out of the time of stress before the Bridegroom shuts the door? Is it during the great tribulation that the Wedding feast takes place?

Jesus provide lots of scriptures about those not wearing the correct clothes,taken from the highways and byways,about sitting at the lowest place and about Him serving us?What else would the raptured have to do while awaiting the first resurrection.

Who knows?

I need to think again because of course the resurrection of the righteous dead occurs just before the rapture of the living righteous as clearly spelled out in 1 Thess 4.13 to 5 .9.

The last verse quoted says that
    “God has not destined us for His wrath but for acquiring salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ”
    Now since the second half of the great tribulation is known as god's wrath [from Rev 14. 19 on]then it would seem that that rescue occurs just before then.

NickHassan
    Participant

Again Lk 12.35
    ” Let your BELTS be fastened around your waists and your LAMPS be burning ready. Be like men awaiting their Master's return from a wedding,so that when he arrives and knocks you will open for Him without delay. It will go well with those servants whom the Master finds wide awake on His return. I tell you He will put on an apron ,seat them at table and proceed to wait on them.” It certainly seems to go straight to the wedding feast when the Lord returns and we meet Him in the air.

Eph 6.14
    “Stand fast with the TRUTH as the BELT around your waist.”
    Know the Word and cling to it tightly.

Rev 3.14
    ” Here I stand knocking at the Door .If anyone hears Me calling and opens the door, I will enter his house and HAVE SUPPER with him and he with Me. I will give the victor the right to sit with Me on My throne ..”
    Certainly sounds like the Millenium follows the Wedding feast.

Will we hear and respond?

NickHassan
    Participant

How many were waiting for Jesus first time around?

Three astrologers.

Can we lift our game?

Is 1:18
    Participant

He he, yeah good call NH. Incredible considering Daniel 9:25 details the exact time the messiah would arrive. This prophecy was fulfilled TO THE DAY.

NickHassan
    Participant

Mt 25.1
    “Then the kingdom of heaven will be comparable to 10 virgins, who took their lamps and WENT OUT TO MEET the Bridegroom.And 5 of them were foolish and 5 were prudent,for when the foolish took their lamps they took no oil with them,but the prudent took oil in their flasks along with their lamps.Now while the Bridegroom WAS DELAYING, they all got drowsy and began to sleep but at midnight there was a shout
    “Behold the Bridegroom.Come out and meet Him”

This scripture applies to the Church as bridesmaids are servants to the marrying couple dressed alike in glorious robes.

1.They were expecting to meet the returning Lord so the approximate time of His return is knowable[but not the exact day or hour]

2.The Lord was later than expected, in fact at the last possible moment.

There must be lessons here for us to search out these truths?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes I think it is part of the shaking all things process so that what is not of God will fall away.

I remember many christians saying back in the 80s, that the year 2000 was the big one. 6 days for this age and the 7th being the sabath or the Millenium. So the year 2000 was the 6000th year or thereabouts.

I remember thinking that such thinking was too predictable and even though I think yes there is 6 days of the god of this age followed by the 7th being a time of restoration, we do not simply know the day or hour, only the season.

Lets face it, even Jesus said that he didn't know the day or the hour, so what chance do we have of knowing it?

You know I even heard someone say that he would give Christ to the year 2000 to show up and after that he would call it all a hoax.

But God is not interested in such people representing his Kingdom. He wants those who are sold out for him. And thus if Jesus Christ is late in returning, then those that really love him will be waiting and prepared. If he comes earlier he will not catch his true disciples napping.

Anonymous

hey t8,

I remember many christians saying back in the 80s, that the year 2000 was the big one. 6 days for this age and the 7th being the sabath or the Millenium. So the year 2000 was the 6000th year or thereabouts.

they were so out – jesus ascended into heaven at 33… now accounting for the 4 year disparity of the julian calendar system, that would mean that jesus is due to return in… um… carry the 3… ad2029… they were so far off!! hehehe… just kidding…

of course, my favourite is barry smith (i think) who said – we can't know the the day or the hour, but we can know the year…

cheers,

nate.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I went to one of Barry's meetings and he said a lot of things that didn't come to pass. But he was also very strict with preaching the gospel and he always got a lot of responses when he preached the gospel too. Somethings he said were also very true and did require insight however.

He included a picture in one of his books of a plane flying around Manhatten and the Twin towers spewing out Antrax. It was related to terrorism and how it was going to be prevalent. The book was written in 1999 and he also gave evidence of aeroplanes that were downed by land based missiles from talking to witnesses, but this was supposedly covered up at the time. But his book also mentioned how the Millenium Bug was going to end civilisation as we know it and usher in a New World Order.

I agree with his insights into terrorism. But I have my own takes on it too. I believe that Satan is using terrorism to up the development of survellience technologies. People normally resist cameras, radio tags, and Internet logging and snooping, but they welcome them in the name of anti-terrorism.

I think that all this technology will be used against us in the end however. The AntiChrist will sit on a throne and through technology he will control peoples lives. Technology that terrorism helped to create will be used against us and those who do not accept the mark could perhaps be looked upon as potential terrorists.

I have also seen many other things in vision regarding this, but that is another subject and not really related to the subject of this discussion.

r u from NZ?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 23 2004,16:09)
    2.The Lord was later than expected, in fact at the last possible moment.

Actually I read that yesterday or another scripture that said the same thing. There is also another scripture somewhere that says those who hold onto the end will be saved.

I remember taking note of that for further consideration.

There is also reference to God cutting short the days in the tribulation otherwise no flesh would survive. Yes terrible times are ahead for this world.

I just wonder how the rapture works in with this, if indeed there is a rapture.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account