Christians remaining silent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 556 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 16 2012,04:28)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 14 2012,03:40)

Quote (TimothyVI @ Oct. 14 2012,08:20)
    T,
    It is ironic that you say, “I start to understand that all things just do not appear like by magic” and then conclude that God made them by magic.

Tim

tim

were did I ever said that God made all thing as per MAGIC,???

In your previous post you gave us this:

…later when I start to read the bible ,I start to understand that all things just do not appear like by magic

So how do things appear then?  Where is your explanation for the appearance of things?

this was to big and to amazing to fully understand ,and that a intelligence has to be behind it

So now your understanding somehow stops, and you interpret your amazement as evidence that something is impossible, and that there is some intelligence involved.  Why is amazement evidence that something is impossible?  What is your explanation for what the intelligence is, and what it actually did?

if not then there would be no way that men will ever be able to understand it WHO CAN UNDERSTAND KAYOS ??? no one

OK, so not even an intelligence can understand it?

this is well known to scientist ,and so this has shown me the way to God my creator and creator of all things ,
    and their reasons to be .

So now there ARE intelligent people that can understand it?

It looks to me like Tim's use of the word magic is completely appropriate.  You either do or don't think scientists understand this, but you don't and no one can.  And you seem to think the use of a three-letter word saves you from having to come up with an alternative explanation.  “God” isn't an explanation for anything.  It's a placefiller for actually knowing something.

what the mind can understand is one thing what the heart can understand is another.this is not rocket science.but true

It's drunken ranting, in my opinion.

Stuart

STU

to sum up all your comments in a botle ,it would seems you are in control of it all ,

but you are not ,not even of your own live ,not even of your own future ,not even if tomorow you would get up or wake up ,WHY IS THAT ???

there are always two faces on a coin ;right but while you watch one side you can not see the other .right

to me thats how live his ;

2besee
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 15 2012,23:20)

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 15 2012,19:55)

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 14 2012,01:12)
    But this “truth” is easily denied on the grounds that it is so obviously ridiculous.

What is so “Obviously Ridiculous”??

Give me five central tenets of christianity, as you understand it.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

1) God created the heavens and the earth and all that was in them.

2) Man had the choice to obey the Creator or not to. Man decided not to. So, because of disobedience, the possibility of immortality was taken away from man, and man died.

3) However God loved the world so much that he made a way possible for any man to achieve immortality  – this being the gift of his son who is from heaven, that whosoever believes in him, and also does the will of God, will not perish but will be resurrected to a new and an eternal life as Jesus was also resurrected to immortality from the dead through doing the will of the father.

4) The truth of God is being revealed to men all over the world through the Gospel and through God's Holy Spirit. Judgment has been given to the Son.  However, the Son – the word of God – does not judge as men would judge others, “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And before him no creature is hidden, but all are open and laid bare to the eyes of him with whom we have to do.”

Things are not always as they seem.

5) This world and all that is in it will soon pass away, and then will be the new heavens and the new earth in which truth and righteousness reigns for all of eternity, never again to be become as this world has become…

Jesus is coming soon,  every eye will see!

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 16 2012,01:16)
    STU

to sum up all your comments in a botle ,it would seems you are in control of it all ,

but you are not ,not even of your own live ,not even of your own future ,not even if tomorow you would get up or wake up ,WHY IS THAT ???

there are always two faces on a coin ;right but while you watch one side you can not see the other .right

to me thats how live his ;

I think you might have emptied the bottle yourself before jamming my comments into it.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 16 2012,17:33)

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 15 2012,23:20)

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 15 2012,19:55)

Quote (Stu @ Oct. 14 2012,01:12)
    But this “truth” is easily denied on the grounds that it is so obviously ridiculous.

What is so “Obviously Ridiculous”??

Give me five central tenets of christianity, as you understand it.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Bald assertion of platitudes is something I count as ridiculous.

2) Man had the choice to obey the Creator or not to. Man decided not to. So, because of disobedience, the possibility of immortality was taken away from man, and man died.

That is visiting the sins of the father on the son, which is immoral. But the ridiculous part is that you, a member of an intelligent species of African ape, possessing the knowledge we have, could fall for such an absurd example of fantasy wishful thinking.

3) However God loved the world so much that he made a way possible for any man to achieve immortality – this being the gift of his son who is from heaven, that whosoever believes in him, and also does the will of God, will not perish but will be resurrected to a new and an eternal life as Jesus was also resurrected to immortality from the dead through doing the will of the father.

Dead men don’t walk again after they’ve been executed.

4) The truth of God is being revealed to men all over the world through the Gospel and through God's Holy Spirit. Judgment has been given to the Son. However, the Son – the word of God – does not judge as men would judge others, “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And before him no creature is hidden, but all are open and laid bare to the eyes of him with whom we have to do.”

OK, that’s more creepy than ridiculous. You appear to wish to live in a fascist dictatorship, one run by an alleged dictator that has boasted about drowning this world you say it “loved”. You might appreciate my reluctance to join you.

…Yes, I know, the drowning was an act of love…that’s the ridiculous part.

Things are not always as they seem.

Now you’re talking: it seems to you there is a god, but things aren’t necessarily as they seem.

5) This world and all that is in it will soon pass away, and then will be the new heavens and the new earth in which truth and righteousness reigns for all of eternity, never again to be become as this world has become…

Assertion of nonsense platitudes is ridiculous. It is the boast of a person who has nothing to say but nevertheless must insist on being heard.

Jesus is coming soon, every eye will see!

Settle down, I wasn’t inviting you to abuse me by prostyletising.

Christianity is ridiculous. Obviously so.

Stuart

2besee
    Participant

So you don't believe there's a creator?

Proclaimer
    Participant

No he believes (and believes is the keyword here) that everything came from nothing or from something eternal, but this eternal something is definitely not alive, aware, or intelligent because. Because what Stu? Just because says Stu.

Of course he is unable to wrap his understanding around the simple idea that if nothing was first, then there would be nothing now. Yet I know many children that could easily grasp that.

And he is also unable to grasp that a non-intelligent and non-aware eternal thing can't produce anything that itself does not have in some form. So if there is life, and the source has no life, then Houston we have a problem.

He has however squeaked something about God not being needed because of Gravity. Although he appears to be a sheeple of Hawking and becomes bold when repeating what Hawking has uttered because he thinks that his intelligence is truth and Stu puts his faith in this man.

Otherwise Stu is short on explanations, but long on putting other people's ideas down. He feels safer that way.

That is Stu in a nutshell.

TimothyVI
    Participant

If everything needs a creator, then what source created God?

If God is eternal, and has always existed, why did he wait so long to finally create something that only took him six days to create? He must have been pretty bored for trillions of years.

Tim

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Oct. 16 2012,23:50)

If God is eternal, and has always existed, why did he wait so long to finally create something that only took him six days to create? He must have been pretty bored for trillions of years.

Tim

tim

six days does not mean six times 24 hours :D

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 17 2012,07:42)
    tim

six days does not mean six times 24 hours  :D

Hi Pierre,

What makes you say that?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

TimothyVI
    Participant

Tim

tim

Genesis 1:5

New International Version (NIV)

“5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.”

Sounds like one 24 hour day to me.

Tim

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Oct. 17 2012,05:19)

Tim

tim

Genesis 1:5

New International Version (NIV)

“5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.”

Sounds like one 24 hour day to me.

Tim

tim

it seems that way but if you look it a little closer you start to see more things like does a day start in the evening and end in the morning ??? if yes why ???

2besee
    Participant

mmm, what is to say that God could NOT make the earth in six literal days?

God is not a man – just like an insect is not a man.
    Can the insect understand a man?
    The insect's brain is too small, ect.

Reading over Gen.1:

-God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
    -And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
    -And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.
    -And there was evening and there was morning, a third day.
    -And there was evening and there was morning, a fourth day.
    -And there was evening and there was morning, a fifth day.
    -And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.

See the trouble is that man tries to work out how GOD would do things from a human perspective, but God is NOT a man.

According to the scriptures, God simply said “be” and it was so.

We can't do that…. well, not in creating something anyway – we are man.

Who out of man can understand that?

We CAN'T!

Can a Donkey explain and understand how humans can made the Internet or that it even exists?!

2besee
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Oct. 17 2012,06:50)

If God created this earth and the universe, then – how do we KNOW that there are not OTHER planets and creations of God's far different from here?

We just don't know!

In the Bible, it doesn't say there are NOT other creations that God has made (unless I missed it)

An unborn child only knows the womb, until it is born into the world. It doesn't know that there is a whole world out there, till it see's it.

What source created God…. I think that we all ask ourselves that.

I think – God 'Just Is'.
    Our brain is not made to know.
    There is a limit to what we can know.
    Just like an insect is limited to what it knows concerning us, which isn't much by the looks of it.
    We are probably just a FORCE to them, a big shadow, a danger!
    Could it ever know?
    It's brain is too small!

2besee
    Participant

Quoted:

There is no God.

All of the wonders around us are accidental.  No almighty hand made a thousand-billion stars.  They made themselves.   No power keeps them on their steady course.

The earth spins itself to keep the oceans from falling off toward the sun.  Infants teach themselves to cry when they are hungry or hurt.  A small flower invented itself so that we could extract digitalis for sick hearts.

The earth gave itself day and night, tilted itself so that we get seasons.  Without the magnetic poles man would be unable to navigate the trackless oceans of water and air, but they just grew there.

How about the sugar thermostat in the pancreas?  It maintains a level of sugar in the blood sufficient for energy.  Without it, all of us would fall into a coma and die.

Why does snow sit on mountain-tops waiting for the warm spring sun to melt it at just the right time for the young crops in farms below to drink?  A very lovely accident.

The human heart will beat for 70 or 80 years without faltering.  How does it get sufficient rest between beats?  A kidney will filter poison from the blood, and leave good things alone.  How does it know one from the other?

Who gave the human tongue flexibility to form words, and a brain to understand them, but denied it to all other animals?

Who showed a womb how to take the love of two persons and keep splitting a tiny ovum until, in time, a baby would have the proper number of fingers, eyes, ears, and hair in the right places, and come into the world when it is strong enough to sustain life?

There is no God?

http://www.clarion-call.org/prose/nogod.htm

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Oct. 17 2012,12:27)

God is not a man – just like an insect is not a man.
    Can the insect understand a man?
    The insect's brain is too small, ect.

Reading over Gen.1:

-God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
    -And there was evening and there was morning, one day.
    -And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.
    -And there was evening and there was morning, a third day.
    -And there was evening and there was morning, a fourth day.
    -And there was evening and there was morning, a fifth day.
    -And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.

See the trouble is that man tries to work out how GOD would do things from a human perspective, but God is NOT a man.

According to the scriptures, God simply said “be” and it was so.

We can't do that…. well, not in creating something anyway – we are man.

Who out of man can understand that?

We CAN'T!

Can a Donkey explain and understand how humans can made the Internet or that it even exists?!

2bees

it is not a matter if he could but if he did ,and he did not do that ,the six days are in reality six period of time or time span,

when you build a house ,who creating the house ??? the carpenter ?the plumber ? the electricien ? or the painter?
    is it not the architect ??? yes it is,and yet he did not work to build it only supervised it ;God his the greates architect of all creation.

terraricca
    Participant

tim

read ,the six days are only related to the transformation of the earth to make it an abitacle for men ,men being the final creation.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 17 2012,00:33)
    No he believes (and believes is the keyword here) that everything came from nothing or from something eternal, but this eternal something is definitely not alive, aware, or intelligent because. Because what Stu? Just because says Stu.

Of course he is unable to wrap his understanding around the simple idea that if nothing was first, then there would be nothing now. Yet I know many children that could easily grasp that.

And he is also unable to grasp that a non-intelligent and non-aware eternal thing can't produce anything that itself does not have in some form. So if there is life, and the source has no life, then Houston we have a problem.

He has however squeaked something about God not being needed because of Gravity. Although he appears to be a sheeple of Hawking and becomes bold when repeating what Hawking has uttered because he thinks that his intelligence is truth and Stu puts his faith in this man.

Otherwise Stu is short on explanations, but long on putting other people's ideas down. He feels safer that way.

That is Stu in a nutshell.

t8, this in reply to something else, but i can't reply there:

It was the FIRE which was rained out of the heavens.
    Notice the comma:

YLT:
    and Jehovah hath rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Jehovah, from the heavens

Hebrew:
    The LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire – the LORD out of heaven

2besee
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 17 2012,20:21)
    it is not a matter if he could but if he did ,and he did not do that ,the six days are in reality six period of time or time span,

Terrarrica,

Just because we do not understand something, does not mean that it is not so, or that we have to change what it means so that we CAN understand it..

Can you point out to me where it says that an evening and a morning, which Genesis says was one day, means thousands of years or more?

One verse?

when you build a house ,who creating the house ??? the carpenter ?the plumber ? the electricien ? or the painter?
    is it not the architect ??? yes it is,and yet he did not work to build it only supervised it ;God his the greates architect of all creation.

Yes that is true, but once again, man is making God out to be like man when – God is God.

What about the scriptures which say that God ALONE created the earth, and all which was in it?

Isaiah 44:24,
    Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer,
    who formed you from the womb:
    “I am the LORD, who made all things,
    who stretched out the heavens alone,
    who spread out the earth — Who was with me? —

Isaiah 45:12,
    Thus says the LORD,
    the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker:
    “Will you question me about my children,
    or command me concerning the work of my hands?
    I made the earth,
    and created man upon it;
    it was my hands that stretched out the heavens,

and I commanded all their host.

Isaiah 40:12,13, and 21,22,

Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand
    and marked off the heavens with a span,
    enclosed the dust of the earth in a measure
    and weighed the mountains in scales
    and the hills in a balance?

Have you not known? Have you not heard?
    Has it not been told you from the beginning?
    Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth?
    It is he who sits above the circle of the earth,
    and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers;
    who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
    and spreads them like a tent to dwell in.

Job 9:8,

Who alone stretched out the heavens,
    and trampled the waves of the sea;
    who made the Bear and Orion,
    the Plei'ades and the chambers of the south;
    who does great things beyond understanding,
    and marvelous things without number.

Can you show me any other verses which shows that other beings were involved in the creation?

I know the verse about wisdom..

terraricca
    Participant

2BEES

when you build a house ,who creating the house the carpenter ?the plumber ? the electricien ? or the painter?
    is it not the architect yes it is,and yet he did not work to build it only supervised it ;God his the greates architect of all creation.

Yes that is true, but once again, man is making God out to be like man when – God is God.

What about the scriptures which say that God ALONE created the earth, and all which was in it?

in my example of the house IT WAS THE ARCHITECT THAT DID ALL THE CREATION ALONE,AND SO IT IS WITH GOD,GOD HAS SOMETHING LIKE 100,0R 200 MILLIONS OF ANGELS (LABORS,NOT CREATORS) CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THIS ???

terraricca
    Participant

2BEES

Terrarrica,

Just because we do not understand something, does not mean that it is not so, or that we have to change what it means so that we CAN understand it..

Can you point out to me where it says that an evening and a morning, which Genesis says was one day, means thousands of years or more?

One verse?

Ge 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.THIS CREATION IS NOT PART OF THE MANAGEMENT OF THE EARTH INTO AN INHABITABLE FOR MEN,

Ge 1:2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.NOW THIS HIS A DESCRIPTION OF THE CONDITION IN WHICH THE EARTH WAS JUST BEFORE GOD IS ABOUT TO CHANGE THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH INTO A HOME FOR MEN.

AND WE UNDERSTAND HE HIS NOT ALONE THERE .

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 556 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account