Un-Authorised Reply Board

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 234 total)
  • Author
    charity
    Participant

you can drop your reply here.

:D

Stu
    Participant

From the section upstairs, where ignorant people just say what they reckon about natural history without knowing anything:

Forum » Bible, Texts, & Archaeology » Archaeology » Noah's Ark & the flood:

Posted: Feb. 08 2013,15:38 t8

I hold the view that God repopulated the Earth with life after the flood and the animals such as dinosaurs were fossilized.

When exactly did this alleged flood take place, and when are you saying the fossilisation of dinosaurs occurred? Your implication is that humans lived the same time as dinosaurs, which is wrong.

Posted: Feb. 14 2013,09:46 seekingtruth

Man's understanding of “kinds”, assumes man is just another animal. I believe man is a unique creation, man only groups us with primates because of the similarity in basic design and their “need” for evolution.

Humans are animals. That is simply a fact, no matter how awkward it might make you feel. What is more, humans are primates. That is part of human biological classification, and it is based on the fact that the primates are a closely related group of animals. Us primates are all cousins within the last few tens of millions of years.

“Kinds” as I understand it are types of animal that arose from one original animal. Thinking biologically, there is only one kind on the planet.

As for needing evolution, we only need that if we want to actually explain the patterns of life on the planet. If we want to use an absurd fantasy story that explains nothing biologically, then we could turn to the bible.

Posted: Feb. 14 2013,13:33 seekingtruth

People try to ridicule the ark as unable to hold 1-2 million “species” (and I would agree) but the genetically rich “kinds” of thousands of years ago could fit into the ark and still give us the variety we see today.

You don’t need ridiculous claims about numbers of animals to ridicule the ark. The dimensions given in the bible call for a wooden boat that cannot be built without it breaking up under the strain of even the mildest seas. Check out the largest wooden boats attempted: " target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_wooden_ships[/url]

Stuart

Stu
    Participant
    charity
    Participant

The story of Noah must Have been a very God fearing event.

I am worried how its been used to control people into Line. sometimes events Happen. even if it were God, any free will fabrications would only end in the spoiling of God Himself.

charity
    Participant

seekinganswers
    Remove God for a moment.
    If a strong Wind came from out of kno where, your House feel down, an killed you in your bed.
    Now because the weather report had warned you that it would possibly come. could you, Are you now dead silient, wicked an disobedient?

Noah built that very Large Boat an if everyone Listened to Him.
    Tell me
    would God still Have flooded the earth?

would Noah Then stand beside His Boat, silly, NO one Knowing wither or wither not about the Man.

This story is fitting for a nice under tow one Man authority.

charity
    Participant

lol, I think Noahs boat landed in washington DC as leason to obey One Man an you still cant come aboard for coming because thats redickulas to consider an Not even Part of the whole plan.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 22 2013,19:08)

Posted: Feb. 14 2013,09:46  seekingtruth

Man's understanding of “kinds”, assumes man is just another animal. I believe man is a unique creation, man only groups us with primates because of the similarity in basic design and their “need” for evolution.

Humans are animals.  That is simply a fact, no matter how awkward it might make you feel.  What is more, humans are primates.  That is part of human biological classification, and it is based on the fact that the primates are a closely related group of animals.  Us primates are all cousins within the last few tens of millions of years.

So say's the evolutionary theory.

http://genecuisine.blogspot.com/2011….nd.html

“So conservatively, we are 96% alike with out closest cousin.  Here's some other common animals and our genetic similarites (these numbers are consistent across all reliable sources):

Cat: 90%
    Cow: 80%
    Mouse: 75%
    Fruit Fly: 60%
    Banana: 50%”

I guess bananas are half human?

“Kinds” as I understand it are types of animal that arose from one original animal.  Thinking biologically, there is only one kind on the planet.

Well that is your story, but I'll side with the designer

As for needing evolution, we only need that if we want to actually explain the patterns of life on the planet.  If we want to use an absurd fantasy story that explains nothing biologically, then we could turn to the bible.This applies to one of us, bet we won't agree on who: Proverbs 15:14 The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly.

Have you ever considered the statistical odds of life arising by chance, further compounded by unreasonably disproportional “positive” mutations to produce more advanced life?

Posted: Feb. 14 2013,13:33  seekingtruth
    People try to ridicule the ark as unable to hold 1-2 million “species” (and I would agree) but the genetically rich “kinds” of thousands of years ago could fit into the ark and still give us the variety we see today.

You don’t need ridiculous claims about numbers of animals to ridicule the ark.  The dimensions given in the bible call for a wooden boat that cannot be built without it breaking up under the strain of even the mildest seas.  Check out the largest wooden boats attempted: ]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_wooden_ships[/URL]

Stuart“Modern” techniques and materials cannot build a boat of that size. They cannot build the pyramids either, oh wait… THEY'RE STILL HERE! It seems there are a number of things ancient man could do that “modern” man has determined are impossible.

I thought the video (below, 39 min. into it) bought up very good construction concept with the reeds pre-stressed with the up lifted ends adding structural support to the construction at a fraction of the weight of solid wood. I believe it also would have had some helical under-girding to relieve torsional stress on the lateral construction. 

My opinion – Wm

scenario

Stu
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Feb. 23 2013,10:57)

The writers of Genesis feared god so much they had to invent a global flood to make it seem impressive??

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 23 2013,19:17)

Humans are animals.  That is simply a fact, no matter how awkward it might make you feel.  What is more, humans are primates.  That is part of human biological classification, and it is based on the fact that the primates are a closely related group of animals.  Us primates are all cousins within the last few tens of millions of years.

And indeed there is more evidence for that than there is for much else you rely on in your daily life.

“So conservatively, we are 96% alike with out closest cousin. Here's some other common animals and our genetic similarites (these numbers are consistent across all reliable sources):

Are you half your cousin? The question doesn’t really mean anything. Are you more closely related to your cousin than to a banana? Yes. Are you a cousin of the banana plant? Distantly, yes.

Well that is your story [of one kind], but I'll side with the designer

Why? Do you think it makes you appear more impressive or more pious to deny history? Actually isn’t it quite satisfying to share kinship with every other living species on the planet?

Have you ever considered the statistical odds of life arising by chance, further compounded by unreasonably disproportional “positive” mutations to produce more advanced life?

I have heard some people estimate it to be a ridiculously tiny chance. But life didn’t arise purely by chance, so I don’t have to consider that. Life arose by natural selection working cumulatively on chance mutations. The cumulative bit makes all the difference mathematically. It makes the impossible into the likely.

“Modern” techniques and materials cannot build a boat of that size.

Huh? The video points out the length of the Queen Mary, which was built of steel. You can build very long boats from steel, but not from wood.

They cannot build the pyramids either, oh wait… THEY'RE STILL HERE! It seems there are a number of things ancient man could do that “modern” man has determined are impossible.

Who said it would be impossible to build limestone pyramids?

I thought the video (below, 39 min. into it) bought up very good construction concept with the reeds pre-stressed with the up lifted ends adding structural support to the construction at a fraction of the weight of solid wood. I believe it also would have had some helical under-girding to relieve torsional stress on the lateral construction.

So not gopher wood then, whatever that was.

Stuart

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 23 2013,21:44)

Stuart

It was'nt gopher wood, it was a missprint.
    Noah kept telling his son “Go for wood, go for wood.”

Tim

charity
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 23 2013,21:23)

The writers of Genesis feared god so much they had to invent a global flood to make it seem impressive??

Stuart

They May have had Difficulty, A disagreement or dispute over Adam an Eve Being the first Man an woman.

There would be more than one reason. Why the whole worlds against you..AS… little evidence offered. an huge Faith in a Mans words of Judgement on the story. wither to be true or Not. Humans will struggle with being ordered to believe what their Told to believe. it's un Natural.

Admin
    Keymaster

Moved to a related forum.
    Carry on as usual.

:)

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 23 2013,18:44)

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 23 2013,19:17)

And indeed there is more evidence for that than there is for much else you rely on in your daily life.

Stu, your exhibiting delusional behavior confusing theories with facts  

“So conservatively, we are 96% alike with out closest cousin.  Here's some other common animals and our genetic similarities (these numbers are consistent across all reliable sources):

Are you half your cousin?  The question doesn’t really mean anything.  Are you more closely related to your cousin than to a banana?  Yes.  Are you a cousin of the banana plant?  Distantly, yes.

So when you say you have a few fruits in your family, you really mean it!

Well that is your story [of one kind], but I'll side with the designer

Why?  Do you think it makes you appear more impressive or more pious to deny history?  Actually isn’t it quite satisfying to share kinship with every other living species on the planet?

Is your character accusation supposed to make me accept your story? By the way, your not only claiming all living species your basically claiming rocks as your grand sires.

I have heard some people estimate it to be a ridiculously tiny chance.  But life didn’t arise purely by chance, so I don’t have to consider that.  Life arose by natural selection working cumulatively on chance mutations.  The cumulative bit makes all the difference mathematically.  It makes the impossible into the likely.

You are delusional! You claim “Life arose by natural selection” but natural selection requires life to work (by definition) A process in nature in which organisms possessing certain genotypic characteristics that make them better adjusted to an environment tend to survive, reproduce, increase in number or frequency, and therefore, are able to transmit and perpetuate their essential genotypic qualities to succeeding generations.

“Modern” techniques and materials cannot build a boat of that size.

Huh?  The video points out the length of the Queen Mary, which was built of steel.  You can build very long boats from steel, but not from wood.

I made no reference to the Queen Mary my response was to your statement “wooden boat that cannot be built without it breaking up under the strain” As an engineer with 30 yrs experience I felt the video offered a good concept by utilizing a pre-stressed woven solution (like fiberglass) with stress minimized along it's length with a moon pool (basically a dual hull design) and adding my thoughts on using helical undergirding to relieve torsional stress. Frankly if your only response is “it can't be done”, it demonstrates how narrow minded you are.

They cannot build the pyramids either, oh wait… THEY'RE STILL HERE! It seems there are a number of things ancient man could do that “modern” man has determined are impossible.

Who said it would be impossible to build limestone pyramids?

A claim I've read many times and thought you made once.

Please check out 46:30 on video where it tells us what it is

charity
    Participant

Quote (heaven @ Feb. 25 2013,07:13)
    Moved to a related forum.
    Carry on as usual.

It Was in the right Forum t8. But Now Your Not forced to Play by your own rules to Answer when your asked to!

charity
    Participant

We Need More examples of How The Romans managed to control what Jesus was going to eventually say to the world in writing!

An Of corse nothing That would cause a Pirate to Lose all the treasure he is Hiding

Admin
    Keymaster

Okay I will put it back now. The Hot Seat's main feature is  questions must be answered when stipulated, otherwise members who do not answer the question are penalised with a tile.

Questions must be fair and answers can include yes, no, don't know.

Because you didn't set up an introduction as to what the topic was for, it appeared to be just another topic about faith and the bible and rebuttals against what we are saying about them, thus why I put it in the Faith forum.

It's back now and good that you are willing to engage in must answer questions.

However, not all members engage in the Skeptics Area, so if you ask a member (not a Skeptic) a question, they may not see it. So I think it is fair that we can ask any member who has engaged in this topic because they have shown that they are happy to converse here.

charity
    Participant

Your such a Nazi t8! Avator”S

“prepare for your death” by Tiles.

:D :D

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 23 2013,22:17)

Exactly Seekingtruth.

I have tried to convince Stu that he is a highly evolved daffodil and even though much of our DNA and the daffodils are the same, he refuses to acknowledge his cousins.

Here's a thought, if a banana has 50% in common, then when an ape eats a banana is that cannibalism?

I think Stu should be open to his own belief and once in a while change his avatar to a banana or a cat.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 24 2013,00:23)

Stuart

Good to see your participation.

I look forward to asking you must answer questions.

Better than the debate idea I had earlier. At least you have to answer now.

Thanks Charity. This is a win win.

charity
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 25 2013,12:35)

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 24 2013,00:23)

Stuart

Good to see your participation.

I look forward to asking you must answer questions.

Better than the debate idea I had earlier. At least you have to answer now.

Thanks Charity. This is a win win.

stu's great…

He has got goodness…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 234 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account