to pray with authority

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    davidH
    Participant

TO PRAY WITH AUTHORITY

Many Christians today see a lack of authority in their prayers. It is satan’s vested interest to keep this going. Flowing on from a life of dying to self, this brings about a powerful prayer life, Satan is a legalist. So Jesus spells out how it is to be done, in no uncertain terms.

Mark 11;23 -26.

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Mar 11:24  Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Mar 11:25  And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Mar 11:26  But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father

Jesus makes no attempt to use parable to teach an important truth. We must be dead to our self, have no unforgiveness to others and God, then thank God, in Jesus name for his forgiveness of our sins, then our Father in heaven will hear us. That is hollyness.

John 14;13  And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mar 16:18  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

The Apostle peter puts it into practice.

Acts 3:1-6

And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.

Act 3:5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.

Act 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

Act 3:7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.

Act 3:8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

Act 3:9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God:

Note where the name of Jesus was placed in his prayer command. We see in Paul’s writings,(Philippians 2:5 – 11,) that the name of Jesus is above all names . In practical terms, this means that no spiritual object or circumstance will move until the name of Jesus is heard. A muscle that needs to relax, tension in a room, they are all objects in the spiritual realm as tangible as an object in a house, e.g.

” In Jesus Christ’s name, tension caused by ill feeling you are to leave now go and not return”

“ Father you know Johns muscles are strained, in Jesus Christ name thank you they will come back into order, from his skull to his shoulder let your healing flow thru them.” – I have found that exact mention of the affected area and or cause can make for more accurate healing.

If the name of Jesus is just tagged on the end as a formula, the intent of the prayer has already been given out to the spiritual realm. Therefore, the negative forces are already on their way, even before the person has finished, to stop the prayer.

NOTE: in accordance with Romans 6:1-12,

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

no where is ‘I’ (me) mentioned in the prayer command, for I is dead, we have no authority in our selves to order anything to happen but by being dead in Christ, and christ in us, (the holy spirt) we hear the holy spirit through our consciences and we become God’s mouthpiece for his miracles to the unsaved.

If we are living ‘in Christ’ and in true holliness then we are sure that our prayers are answered.

Acts 3; 1-6

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi davidh,

The authority comes from being joined in baptism with the Son of God.

Otherwise we are as the sons of Sceva.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account