The Stone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus is described as a stone in many ways in the bible. He is a stumbling stone to those who resist the work of God and the foundation stone of those who lay their faith on him.

Ps 118
    ” 22The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.”

Is 28
    “16Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste. ”

and this was quoted by Peter in his first letter.
    1Peter 2
    ” 7Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

8And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.”

Paul shows that his role as cornerstone of his church is added to by other stones such as Peter and the apostles and forms a body/temple..

Eph 2
    ” 20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:”

The Stone also refers to Jesus as King of Kings and Judge

Matt 21
    ” 42Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

44And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.”
    and Dan 2
    ” 31Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible.

32This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,

33His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.

34Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

35Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

36This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.

37Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.

38And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

39And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

40And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

41And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

42And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

43And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

44And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

45Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.”

Come to the Son of God and build for eternity in him.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God sent His only begotten Son into the world according to 1 Jn 4.9. So that tells us God had a son with Him in the heavenly realms before he was sent. It tells us God did not come, or send himself or part of Himself. It tells us that Son was separate from God as sons are.

Men still stumble over the Son and want him to not exist as a true son with life in himself.

Yet salvation is only in the name of the Son of God.

Ramblinrose
    Participant

John 16:16  They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
    17 ¶ Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
    18  As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RR,
    You might have a point if there was any record of God sending Christ into the world while he was on earth but that evidence is lacking.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SS,
    Peter is not the foundation stone of our faith.
    Jesus is and men still constantly stumble over the Son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeshuah is the head stone of the corner, the chief corner stone of the House of YWHW. We are living stones, being built up as a spiritual house into a holy priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrafices(1 Peter 2:5). Hebrews 1:9 tells us Yeshuah was anoninted with the Oil of great joy; Therefore we as living stones are annointed with the oil of joy through Yeshuah. Also John 1:51 tells us He is the ladder on which the angels ascend and desend. Thus he is not only the Corner Stone but is the ladder extending from the House of YWHW on earth to His Throne in the Heavens. The way to our Heavenly Father.

Having said this, I believe we can conclude that he is the fullfillment of Jacobs dream. The stone Jacob slept on, he annointed with oil and called the place Bethel which means th House of YWHW. The ladder on which the angels were assending and decending, extended from YWHW's House on earth to His Throne in Heaven. This incedent in the Old Testament pointing the way to Yeshuah who would become the way to Our Father.

This is my first computer and I am ignorant on a lot of things concerning it. How can I click on a post and transfer it to what I am going to post.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (dclegg @ Oct. 26 2006,22:07)
    Yeshuah is the head stone of the corner, the chief corner stone of the House of YWHW. We are living stones, being built up as a spiritual house into a holy priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrafices(1 Peter 2:5). Hebrews 1:9 tells us Yeshuah was anoninted with the Oil of great joy; Therefore we as living stones are annointed with the oil of joy through Yeshuah. Also John 1:51 tells us He is the ladder on which the angels ascend and desend. Thus he is not only the Corner Stone but is the ladder extending from the House of YWHW on earth to His Throne in the Heavens. The way to our Heavenly Father.

Having said this, I believe we can conclude that he is the fullfillment of Jacobs dream. The stone Jacob slept on, he annointed with oil and called the place Bethel which means th House of YWHW. The ladder on which the angels were assending and decending, extended from YWHW's House on earth to His Throne in Heaven. This incedent in the Old Testament pointing the way to Yeshuah who would become the way to Our Father.

This is my first computer and I am ignorant on a lot of things concerning it. How can I click on a post and transfer it to what I am going to post.

Hi DC,

Amen.  I'd never connected John 1:51 with Jacob's dream, the stone he laid on and all that but I see what you are saying and believe it fits the passages of the chief cornerstone and the temple which builder is God!  

As for your question, if you hit the “quote” button on a given post for instance, it should present you with 2 windows with the lower part containing the quote, and the upper part for your own response.  There is a section at the bottom of the main page where you can also practice…. under HELP DESK, Test Posting Here:

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….=SF;f=6

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (dclegg @ Oct. 26 2006,17:07)

Thank you for the insight on Jn 1.51 and welcome

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Becauce of Him
    Participant

Notice who The Rock was It was Jesus Christ.
    MKJV 1Co 10:4  and all drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank of the spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.

2Sa 22:47  Jehovah lives! And blessed be my Rock, and exalted be the God, the Rock of my salvation.

Notice Jesus was king David Rock of salvation. He is The Rock of My salvation too. Because of Him {Jesus}I live.

Now while the Pharisees were gathered together Jesus asked them:Matt 22:42 “What do YOU think about the Christ? Whose son is he?” They said to him: “David’s.” 43 He said to them: “How, then, is it that David by inspiration calls him ‘Lord,’ saying, 44 ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies beneath your feet”’? 45 If, therefore, David calls him ‘Lord,’ how is he his son?” 46 And nobody was able to say a word in reply to him, nor did anyone dare from that day on to question him any further.
    Notice Jesus asked the Pharisees how King David called Him (Jesus) Lord.
    Remember Kking David know the law (10 commandments)
    Exo 20:3  You shall have no other gods before Me.
    Exo 20:4  You shall not make to yourselves any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
    Exo 20:5  You shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them. For I Jehovah your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the sons to the third and fourth generation of those that hate me,
    If David said His Lord in Heaven was Jesus then He would have to be God Because he was under the law and know the law.
    But what is the most importent is what God The Father says of His Son!!!!!!
    Keep in mind what God says in Isa 43:10  You are My witnesses, says Jehovah, and My servant whom I have chosen; that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me no God was formed, nor shall there be after Me.
    Isa 43:11  I, I am Jehovah; and there is none to save besides Me.
    Isa 43:12  I have declared, and have saved, and I have shown, when there was no strange god among you; therefore you are My witnesses, says Jehovah, that I am God.

God says  understand Me I am He, Before Me there was No God Formed and none after Me.

But lets see what God the Father says about Jesus.
    Heb 1:8  But to the Son He says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
    Heb 1:9  You have loved righteousness and hated iniquity, therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness above Your fellows.”
    God The Father calls Jesus God!!!! God can not Lie. God Said there is One God allways. So if you ask me iI have to agree with my God That Jesus is God and God the Father is God and they are One.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi boh,
    Sadly you slipped into presumption.
    You said
    'If David said His Lord in Heaven was Jesus then He would have to be God Because he was under the law and know the law.”
    Jesus is the Lord of Lords and that makes him lord of David, not God Himself.

Becauce of Him
    Participant

Where than does a king of a nation find a Lord that is above him if It is Not in Heaven!!!! Kind david was over every one on earth. Remember it was by the Holy Spirit king David was Abel to Say this. It the same with us that we can say Jesus is this same Lord. It is only by yhe Holy Spirit!!!
    1Co 12:3  Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Becauce of Him
    Participant

Never is Jesus a small lord in the bible He is Lord of lord.
    Mat 22:43 He *said to them, “Then how does David in the Spirit call Him 'Lord,' saying,
    Mat 22:44 'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD, “SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET”'?
    Mat 22:45 “If David then calls Him 'Lord,' how is He his son.
    Remeember Jesus is not only the only begotten Son. He is also the only begotten God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Joh 1:18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.
    By the way their are though that saw God in the bible. They saw Jesus but they didnt Know Him that way. Jesus is the one that was seen.
    Num 12:6 He said, “Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision. I shall speak with him in a dream.
    Num 12:7 “Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household;
    Num 12:8 With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses?”
    This is how Jesus could say if you have seen Me you have seen the Father!!!! they are both God and Lord and They are ONE. Because they say so. Not because I want to put God in a box and understand Him My way!!! I have to believe Him when He says He is ONE.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi boh,
    No men have perverted the simplicity of the truth. God made Christ Lord of all. Thus he is Lord of Lords lie David. God infilled him with the fullness of deity so that whoever saw Christ also saw God in him at work. We can follow him because he is truly like to us in all ways but sin.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The man Jesus Christ continues to be a stumbling stone for many. The Son of God was sent by God Who requires us to put our faith in him as well as in God as he has been made for us the captain of our salvation. Daily he is denied by those who would try uselessly to make their own way to God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Son of God is the cornerstone of the church of God.
    So many still stumble over him and think he is the God that the church belongs to.

kenrch
    Participant

Most believe Jesus was the lamb of God that taketh away the Commandments of God. Unless you are a Jew :laugh: :laugh: :D :D :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    How is the synagogue going?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account