The "Bride of Christ" is not the Church

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    carmel
    Participant

…YOU HAVE PRESENTED THE APSOLUTE OPPISITE OF WHAT THE “GRACE” OF GOD IS. YOU ARE BASING YOUR SALVATION ON “SELF” PERFORMANCE.

Gene,

No!

WE RECEIVE GRACES IN RELATION TO OUR GENERAL BEHAVIOUR IN CHRIST! PURE JUSTICE!

It doesn’t  mean that we SIMPLY keep our hands crossed, hang around doing nothing NOT EVEN OUR PART, and expecting God only to do HIS PART, SUPPLY THE GRACES LIKE RAIN, and live full of confidence and in total freedom, NO MATTER WHAT, and we end up!

SAVED THROUGH GRACES FROM GOD AS A GIFT! WHERE IS JUSTICE?

JESUS DECLARED THAT WE RECEIVE GRACE EVEN IF WE GIVE A GLASS OF WATER!

NOW

read HEREUNDER it is clear that it is not as actually most of us GOT IT INTO OUR MINDS!

Rev. 19:7
    Let us be glad and rejoice, and give glory to him; for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and

HIS WIFE HAS PREPARED HERSELF.

So his wife DID HER PART. NO?

But since God is JUST, THE HOLY SPIRIT TRANSFERRED GRACES AS A GIFTS AND MADE HER HOLY, WITHOUT A BLEMISH.

WHILE SHE WAS ON EARTH

8 And it is GRANTED TO HER

SO IT IS GRANTED TO HER NOT AUTOMATICALLY , BUT WORTHILY IN RELATION TO HER MERIT!

that she should CLOTH HERSELF with fine linen,

SHE SHOULD CLOTH HERSELF, NOT SOMEBODY CLOTH HER AUTOMATICALLY Although God the father will cloth her for sure,

But again according to her DEEDS, IN RELATION TO CHRIST, !

glittering and white. For the fine linen are the JUSTIFICATIONS of saints.

SO AS AN ACT OF JUSTICE, DUE TO THE FACT THAT SHE MERITED IT, THE FACT THAT SHE WORKED!

9And he said to me: Write: Blessed are they THAT ARE CALLED…………

WHY they are called? Obvious: They worked and received Graces accordingly!

Now Ephissians 4:1 I therefore, a prisoner in the Lord,

WHY PRISONER ?

Isn’t Paul LOCKED in a particular process FOR CHRIST’S SAKE?

as he said in other occasion, THAT HE DIE EVERY DAY TO GAIN CHRIST So Paul did his PART, he died every day!

BESEECH YOU that you   WALK  WORTHY OF VOCATION in which you are called,

SO WE MUST DO OUR PART FOR SURE. in which we are called NO? otherwise we won’t be WORTHY  TO RECEIVE GRACES!

7But to every one of us is given GRACE,

according to the measure of the giving of Christ.

OK? in relation to OUR GENERAL BEHAVIOUR, AND DEEDS IN CHRIST. WE RECEIVE GRACES

Now just reflect:

Rev:2:1 I know YOUR WORKS, and thy labour, and thy patience, ……….

4But I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first charity.

5Be mindful therefore from whence thou art fallen: and do penance, and do the first works. OR ELSE! I come to thee, and will move thy candlestick out of its place,……….

MAY I ASK:

ARE THESE A REFERENCE TO THE GRACES AS GIFTS OF GOD? DEFINITELY NOT!

SO:

We   MUST DO OUR PART AND WORK FOR THE SPIRITUAL FOOD,

the bread from heaven, WHICH ARE THE GRACES POURING DOWN FROM GOD, ACCORDING TO HIS JUSTICE, TRANSFERRED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT IN RELATION TO CHRIST’S PROCESS

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

To whomever it is concerned,

God’s grace is revealed in many ways.

One way is that if sinner turns away from his sinning ways and does all that is right then God’s grace is to forgive him his past sins. He has no present sins to forgive.

Another way is that God does not leave those that follow Christ to bear the burden of resisting temptation on their own but instead he will lighten that burden by giving them the Spirit so that they can live by it.

Even a Christian can reject that grace and a Christian that follows a false teaching would not have obtained that grace in the first place. That is why any false teaching is abhorrent.

carmel
    Participant

God’s grace is revealed in many ways.

Kerwin,

1 Corinthians 12 Now there are DIVERSITIES OF GRACES, but the same Spirit;    CHRIST’S

As you can read Paul made it clear that there are vast kinds of graces!

Our trouble is the lack of interest to be aware HOW WE ACQUIRE THESE GRACES THROUGH OUR OWN WORKS, AND GENERAL BEHAVIOUR!

AS YOU SAID:One way is that if sinner turns away from his sinning ways ……….

So it is clear enough that WE MUST TAKE THE FIRST STEP DELIBERATELY !IN RELATION TO CHRIST, OUR MODEL PERFECT MAN.

Graces are not free BUT GIFTS IN RELATION TO OUR SPIRITUAL DEEDS AS LONG AS WE IMITATE CHRIST!

EVEN WHEN WE GIVE A GLASS OF WATER! with good intentions!

SO WE MUST BE AWARE OF WHAT WE WITH GOOD INTENTIONS IN/FOR CHRIST, GENERALLY DO, GIVE THANKS, AND THEN THE HOLY SPIRIT TRANSFER THE APPROPRIATE GOD’S GRACES THAT HE MIGHT

MAKE US HOLY, AND WITHOUT BLEMISH

HUSBANDS! THE SOUL BECOMES ONE WITH THE SPIRIT MARRIED!

GUESTS READY TO BE GRANTED THE BRIDE AND PARTICIPATE IN THE WEDDING OF THE LAMB

Peace nd love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

Charles,

So it is clear enough that WE MUST TAKE THE FIRST STEP DELIBERATELY !IN RELATION TO CHRIST, OUR MODEL PERFECT MAN.

Yes, you cannot follow Jesus unless you take the first step on the path he walked.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel. ….. please post where JESUS EVER SAID WE RECIEVE GRACE IF WE GIVE A PERSON A GLASS OF WATER. IT IS EVIDENT YOU ARE BASEING YOU SALVATION, NOT ON THE GRACE OF GOD BUT ON YOUR OWN WORKS. You talk about “graces” plural, as if there are many types of grace. WHAT SCRIPTURE OR SCRIPTURES SAY THAT? Do you actually think you can earn your salvation by your work, show me a single scripture that says that. You appear to not understand the meaning of the word grace. Grace is simply “unmerited pardon” you preach merited pardon, scripture says “God pitties us as a father pitties his childern. You say Gods mercy and pitty has nothing to do with your salvation, nothing could be further from the truth. IMO.

POST SCRIPTURES SHOWING ALL THESE DIFFERENT GRACES, NOT YOU OPINIONS ABOUT THE WORD GRACE.

Don’t get me wrong i am not saying “let’s go do evil that “grace may abound”, how could a man continue in sin if he has the holy spirit abiding in he. He may still have sin in his members, but his mind will always be convicted of his errors, if he has the spirit of God THAT IS, repentence of sins will always be abiding in him. Your self performance salvation simply will not work. Or haven’t you ever read, “that God has conluded all “under” (controlled BY SIN), THAT HE might have “MERCY” upon “ALL””.

peace and love to you and yours……………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…..It is “NOT” clear that we must take the first step. What is clear is “that NO, MAN “CAN” COME UNTO CHRIST, UNLESS THE FATHET DRAW (Greek drag) him”. It is God the Father who makes the first step, not us.

peace and love to you and. …………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

You are complicating the message. You, yourself know you cannot walk on a path unless you take the the first step nor can you follow anyone down that path unless you walk as they do. Since you are well aware of that and you acknowledge Scripture cannot be broken then it follows that the words you quote are not contradicting the ideal that if you wish to a student of Jesus that you must follow him.

Jesus promises us that those that hunger and thirst for righteousness will be filled and I assure you that when I hunger I am drawn to eat by that hunger and when I thirst I am drawn to eat by that thirst. Even though I am drawn I would get nowhere if I did not take that first step to fill my hunger and thirst.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Charles did not go into the particulars and it is at that point I might well disagree with him. It is necessary to obtain the Spirit in order to walk by it and those without the Spirit will always fall short of God’s glory. Some believe you can take the first step in the Spirit before you actually have the Spirit. They do not say that but instead imply it with their teachings. Their doctrine is a case of putting the cart before the horses.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…….We who are lead by the SPIRIT OF GOD, ARE lead by it, it leads us and teaches us to chose the will of GOD IN OUR LIVES, TO CHOSE THAT WHICH IS GOOD, God is both the author and finisher of our faith. We are “HIS” WORHMANSHIP, being “CREATED” BY HIM, UNTO GOOD WORKS which was prepared for us before the foundations of the earth. GOD THE FATHER GETS “ALL” THE CREDIT, not just some of the credit, all of it from start to finish.

IT was God who chose us and “predestined” us to be conformed to the image of his dear son. We take no credit for his love and mercy ON US which brought his GRACE THAT SAVES US through HIS anointed son JESUS. “For by grace are we saved and that not of or from ourselves”, we are told. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

carmel
    Participant

You talk about “graces” plural, as if there are many types of grace. WHAT SCRIPTURE OR SCRIPTURES SAY THAT?

Gene,

DRB.

1 Corinthians 12 Now there are DIVERSITIES OF GRACES, but the same Spirit; CHRIST’S

As you can read Paul made it clear that there are vast kinds of graces!

please post where JESUS EVER SAID WE RECIEVE GRACE IF WE GIVE A PERSON A GLASS OF WATER

Matthew 10:42 And whosoever shall give to drink to one of these little ones
    A CUP OF COLD WATER only in the name of a disciple, amen I say to you,

HE SHALL NOT LOSE HIS REWARD

WHAT WOULD THE REWARD BE IF NOT GRACES?

Gene reflect:

If a MUSLIM converts and baptises HE WOULD DEFINITELY RECEIVE GRACES!

WHO ACCORDING TO YOU WOULD HAVE DRAWN THIS MUSLIM TO BE CONVERTED?

THE HOLY SPIRIT

OR

DELIBERATELY BY HIMSELF

NOW!

IF A CHRISTIAN CONVERTS TO A MUSLIM

WHO WOULD HAVE DRAWN THIS CHRISTIAN TO DO SO

MOHAMED

OR

DELIBERATELY BY HIMSELF!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

.We who are lead by the SPIRIT OF GOD, ARE lead by it,

Gene,

Who are

WE

it leads us and teaches us to chose the will of GOD IN OUR LIVES, TO CHOSE THAT WHICH IS GOOD,

WHY THE MAJORITY ARE POURING DOWN TO HELL?

IS THE HOLY SPIRIT NOT DOING HIS JOB RIGHT?

God is both the author and finisher of our faith.

WHICH FAITH?

Since there are hundreds of Christians belief?

WHAT IS THE PROOF OF FAITH, IF NOT BY WORKS

We are “HIS” WORKMANSHIP, being “CREATED” BY HIM, UNTO GOOD WORKS

Who are

WE

SO WE NEED GOOD WORKS AFTER ALL!!!

ONLY Christians are created by God, unto good works?

How come that IN:

Matthew 8:11 And I say to you that many shall come from the EAST and the WEST, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven:

12 BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE KINGDOM CHRISTIANS?????  WITHOUT WORKS!!!!

shall be cast out into the exterior darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE ALSO ACCORDING TO YOU

was prepared for us before the foundations of the earth. AND GOD THE FATHER GETS “ALL” THE CREDIT, FOR IT! NO?

not just some of the credit, all of it from start to finish.

YES I GOT IT

ALSO FOR ALL THOSE CHRISTIANS WITHOUT WORKS

shall be cast out into the exterior darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

NOW!

Luke 20:35 But they that shall be accounted worthy of that world,…….

Explain:

HOW THOSE SHALL BE ACCOUNTED WORTHY?

FOR DOING WHAT?

IF GOD SAVES ALL THROUGH GRACE!

OR

IN ACTUAL FACT NOT ALL RECEIVE GRACES,

ONLY THOSE WHO ARE WORTHY THROUGH THEIR GENERAL BEHAVIOUR, AND WORKS, BY IMITATING JESUS, THE MODEL PERFECT MAN!

Matthew 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth GOOD FRUIT, shall be CUT DOWN, and shall be CAST INTO FIRE.

WHAT ARE THE GOOD FRUITS, IF NOT WORKS AND BEHAVIOUR IMITATING CHRIST THE MODEL PERFECT MAN

James 2:14 What shall it profit, my brethren, if a man say

he hath faith, but hath not works?

Shall faith be able to save him?

15And if a brother or sister be naked, and want daily food: 16And one of you say to them: Go in peace, be ye warmed and filled; yet give them not those things that are necessary for the body, what shall it profit?

17 So faith also, if it have not works, is dead in itself.

18But some man will say:

Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy

faith without works; and I will shew thee,

by works, my faith.

19Thou believest that there is one God. Thou dost well:

the devils also believe and tremble.

20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that

faith without works is dead?

21Was not Abraham our father

justified by works, offering up Isaac his son upon the altar? 22Seest thou, that

faith did co-operate with his works; and by

works faith was made perfect? 23And the scripture was fulfilled, saying: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed to him to

justice, and he was called the friend of God. 24Do you see that by

works a man is justified; and not

by faith only? 25And in like manner also Rahab the harlot, was not she

justified by works, receiving the messengers, and sending them out another way?

26For even as the body without the spirit is dead;

so also faith without works is dead.

AND IF FAITH IS DEAD, NO GRACE IS AVAILABLE BYE BYE HEAVEN!

SINCE WE ARE SAVED BY FAITH THROUGH GRACE!

CAN YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN

RECEIVE  GRACES THROUGH WORKS ACCORDINGLY, THEREFORE WORTHY OF IT! JUSTIFIED RIGHTEOUS!

AND

RECEIVE GRACES FOR DOING NOTHING, NEITHER JUSTIFIED  NOR RIGHTEOUS!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Kerwin…….We who are lead by the SPIRIT OF GOD, ARE lead by it, it leads us and teaches us to chose the will of GOD IN OUR LIVES, TO CHOSE THAT WHICH IS GOOD, God is both the author and finisher of our faith. We are “HIS” WORHMANSHIP, being “CREATED” BY HIM, UNTO GOOD WORKS which was prepared for us before the foundations of the earth. GOD THE FATHER GETS “ALL” THE CREDIT, not just some of the credit, all of it from start to finish.

IT was God who chose us and “predestined” us to be conformed to the image of his dear son. We take no credit for his love and mercy ON US which brought his GRACE THAT SAVES US through HIS anointed son JESUS. “For by grace are we saved and that not of or from ourselves”, we are told. IMO

You speaking of two different though related subject. The Spirit leads those that have and draws those that do not yet have it but hunger and this to be righteous as God is righteous. Those that have the Spirit and take each step according to the Spirit and so the Spirit leads them.

Predestination is about God creating us and so knowing who we are even better than we know ourselves and planning where each and every person and their individual choices fit into his plan.

carmel
    Participant

.It is “NOT” clear that we must take the first step.

Gene,

Hereunder are FEW CLEAR scriptures OUT OF MANY MORE,regarding who must take the first step,
    EITHER POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE!

John4:40 And you will not come to me NEGATIVE STEP BY REFUSING TO GO TO JESUS that you may have life. THROUGH MYRIAD KINDS OF GRACES

John 6:35 35And Jesus said to them: I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me IT’S UP TO US TO GO TO JESUS,, shall not hunger: and he that believeth in me shall never thirst OBVIOUS!  once we accepted Jesus in our lives, WE RECEIVE GRACES UPON GRACES FOR SURE!

JESUS OWN GENUINE SUBSTANCE AS PERFECT HOLY MAN SACRIFICED AND SEALED IN NATURE!SINCE ALL IN AND BY HIM!

John6:40 that every one who seeth the Son, IT’S UP TO US WHETHER WE SEE JESUS OR NOT and believeth in him, may have life everlasting, THROUGH MYRIAD KINDS OF GRACES and I will raise him up in the last day.

John10:9 I am the door. By me, if any man enter in, IT’S UP TO US TO ENTER he shall be saved:

John10:25 Jesus answered them: I speak to you, and you believe not: A NEGATIVE STEP

Matthew 12:33 Either make the tree good and its fruit good: or make the tree evil, and its fruit evil. For by the fruit the tree is known.

AS CLEAR AS CRYSTAL WE HAVE TO MAKE OUR LIFE GOOD, THEREFORE OUR DEEDS WOULD BE GOOD, JUSTIFIED BY GRACES, but if we make our life evil  therefore our fruit would be evil JUSTIFIED BY CURSE!

Peace and love in Jeaus

Charles

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CRMEL…..YOUR ASSUMING IT UP TO US , BUT SCRIPTURE says ‘NO” MAN CAN COME UNTO CHRIST UNLESS THE FATHER DRAW HIM. THE ONLY ONE THAT COME TO CHRIST JESUS IS THOSE WHO GOD CAUSES TO GO TO HIM.

HERE IS A SCRIPTURE FOR YOUM TO CONSIDERED, “GOD LOOKED FOR “ONR” RIGHTIOUS MAN, BUT WHAT DOES SCRIPTURE SAY, “THERE IS’NONE THAT SEEK GOD, NO NOT EVVEN “ONE.” They have all together becone useless.”, there is “none that understands none that does good not not even one. THERE MOUTH IS AN OPEN sucepture , the poison of asp is on there tongue, they have all together become unprofitable. Therefore GOD TOOK IT UPON HIS ONWN ARM TO bring salavtion.

CARMEL,THE REASON THEY would not BELIEVE JESUS WAS,BECAUSE THE Father was not DRAWING them. He WAS NOT REVEALING the truth about JESUS COMING TO THEM.

WHY ARE YOU TRYING SO HARD TO MOVE OUR HEAVENLY FATHER OUT OF THE PICTURE REGUARDING OUR SALVATION, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE SALVATION A HUMAN CHOICE APART FROM GOD THE FATHER. That would be the question here if you ask me.

Peace and love to you and yours………………gene

carmel
    Participant

CRMEL…..YOUR ASSUMING IT UP TO US , BUT SCRIPTURE says ‘NO” MAN CAN COME UNTO CHRIST UNLESS THE FATHER DRAW HIM.

Gene,

FIRST! what is the process which GOD THE FATHER DRAW MAN UNTO CHRIST, SINCE MOST OF US ARE GOING DOWN TO HELL, IS HE NOT DOING HIS JOB RIGHT?

NOW!

It is clear enough from your last post that,YOU ABANDONED YOUR ARGUMENTS BOTH REGARDING THE  GRACE/GRACES,CONCEPT

the spiritual food FROM THE FATHER, through the BLOOD OF HIS SON,for our souls, which eventually would achieve for us OUR SALVATION!

AND also regarding THE CUP OF WATER concept,

WHICH SIGNIFIES THAT once we have FAITH, THEREFORE OUR OWN INGREDIENT,through our own original state,and BELIEVE IN CHRIST, even a mere cup of water is enough FOR THE FATHER through the Holy Spirit to enrich us with A PARTICULAR RELATIVE GRACE IN ORDER TO BE DRAWN TO CHRIST  and  performing greater work!

BUT FOR GOD SAKE, IT WOULD ALL HAVE STARTED THROUGH US  since we gave a  MERE CUP OF WATER for example sake!

BUT IN THE SAME INSTANT, IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE SINCE GOD THE FATHER SENT HIS SON TO BE A SACRIFICE AND SUPPLIES US WITH MYRIAD KINDS OF GRACES WHICH MEANS

GOD THE FATHER GAVE US SALVATION ON A PLATE THROUGH HIS SON’S BLOOD!

SO YOUR ARGUMENT HEREUNDER IS UNFOUNDED!

WHY ARE YOU TRYING SO HARD TO MOVE OUR HEAVENLY FATHER OUT OF THE PICTURE REGARDING OUR SALVATION,

WITH EVERY RESPECT,

I posted loads of scriptures which proves that

WE MUST TAKE THE FIRST STEP DELIBERATELY, TO ENTER INTO THE PROCESS OF SALVATION, and work !

THEREFORE , God the father  would supply the related graces by the HOLY SPIRIT,and also through that process, we would be drawn to Christ!

You from the other hand never produced one contradiction supported by scriptures, simply opinions!

But I would like to add more insights:

Adam the first man, DELIBERATELY sinned, so deliberately WE ADAM’S DESCENDANTS must take the first step forward! DESTROY THE OLD MAN ATTITUDE! SINCE WE CONSIDER OURSELVES WORTHY CHRISTIANS,and perform good works!

THE OPPOSITE OF ADAM’S WORK WHICH WAS SIN!

Jesus the second perfect man DELIBERATELY , to  imitate contrary to Adam, GAVE HIS LIFE FOR US.

John10:18 No man taketh it away from me: but BUT I LAY IT DOWN OF MYSELF, ………

SO WE, since as Christians must IMITATE JESUS, MUST DO LIKE WISE, DELIBERATELY MUST GIVE OUR LIVES TO HIM WE OWE IT TO HIM!

HE DESTROYED HIS BODY FOR US!

WE DESTROY OUR OLD MAN BODY FOR HIM!

SO WE WOULD BECOME  JESUS’ BODY IN EVERY SENSE, EVEN ON EARTH!

THEN GOD THE FATHER THROUGH THE HOLY  SPIRIT as an appreciation to our choice, supplies graces as gifts

WHILE ON EARTH AS TRUTH OF THE PROCESS!

WE WOULD EXPERIENCE THESE GRACES, BE AWARE OF THEM THAT THE Y ARE  IN THE TRUTH,AND PERFORM MORE AND MORE WORKS, THEREFORE NEVER BE CONDEMNED!

NOW REFLECT:

Jesus said to Peter come I will make you FISHER OF MEN! SOULS!

GOT IT?

Fishermen catch fish!  REALLY?

I say THE FISH deliberately eat the BAIT! NO?

THE FISH SEE THE BAIT, BELIEVE THAT IT’S GOOD GO FOR IT, AND EAT IT!

Then the fishermen catch THE FISH!

SO unless the fish eats THE BAIT, PETER and other fishermen never catch a mere little tiny ONE!

SO GOD THE FATHER THE FISHER OF SOULS FURNISHED THE BAIT, HIS SON, WE THE FISH, THE CHRISTIAN’S SYMBOL MUST BELIEVE JESUS SPIRITUAL FOOD DOCTRINE HIS GOSPEL, GO FOR IT, EAT  IT, OBEY, HIS COMMANDMENTS, WORK, AND BEHAVE THEN WE RECEIVE THE GIFT OF GRACES!

SO GOD THE FATHER DID HIS PART IN THE VERY FIRST PLACE!

NOW It’s all depends ON US!

HE IS SIMPLY WAITING FOR OUR PART !

THE FACT THAT SINCE OUR PROCESS OF SALVATION STARTED IT TOOK, AND IT WILL TAKE,MILLIONS, AND MILLIONS TO BE ACHIEVED!

DEFINITELY NOT BECAUSE GOD WAS NOT CAPABLE TO ACHIEVE IT IN MERE SECONDS!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…….YOU ADD YOU WORDS INTO THE TEXT, TO MKE THEM FIT YOUR BELIF SYSTEM. JESUS TOL TGE PHARASEES THAT THEY WIOULD NOT COME TO HIM THAT THEY MAY HAVE LIFE, THINKING IT WAS UP TO THEM TO CHOSE, HE SAI CLEARLY IN OTGER SCRIPTURE TGEY WERE NOT HIS SHEEP, THEY DID NOT KNOW THE VOICE OF TBE TRU SHEPPARD JESUS. HE ALSO Said his sheep hear his voice they know the voice of true sheppard.

Your rendition about faith without works, has nothing todo with the person themselves chossing to make any first step, it has to do with true faith and what it (that true faith) produces in a persons life. Those who do not have true faith, arenot able to producethe true fruits, but the giver of the true faith is GOD. WHO WORKS IN HIS TRUE CHILDERN . HAVEN’T YOU READ WHERE JESUS SAID THIS, “THE SON OF MAN CAN DO “NOTHING” OF OR FROM HIMSELF, THE FATHER WHO IS “IN” HIM “HE” DOES THE “WORKS”.

You can not “work” your way into the family of GOD, just as it is written, ” SO THEN IT IS NOT OF HIM THAT WILLETH, NOR OF HIM THAT RUNNETH, BUT OF GOD THAT SHOWS MERCY. Also read, EPh 2:8-10

For we are save by the grace of GOD, NOT OF OF OURSELVES. YOU SEEM TO BE TRUSTING IN YOURSELVE, NOT IN GOD OR HIS ABILITY TO “CREATE GODLY CHARATER IN US. YOU SEEM TO NOT REALIZE TRUE RIGHTIOUSNESS IS A “CREATION” THAT GOD ONLY CAN FORM. NOT OF OUR “WORKS” BUT BY “FAITH ” IN HIM WHO WORKED IN JESUS AND ALSO IN HIS TRUE CHILDERN.

peace and love to you and yours. ………………..gene

carmel
    Participant

….YOU ADD YOU WORDS INTO THE TEXT, TO MKE THEM FIT YOUR BELIF SYSTEM. JESUS TOL TGE PHARASEES THAT THEY WIOULD NOT COME TO HIM THAT THEY MAY HAVE LIFE, THINKING IT WAS UP TO THEM TO CHOSE,

Gene,

LET’S SEE!

John4:40 And you will not come to me

NOW IN YOUR OPINION:

DEFINE, THE ABOVE STATEMENT, in a way to make it other than:DELIBERATELY,

YOU WILL NOT COME TO ME, which means that SINCE THEY ARE SONS OF THE DEVIL, EVIL CREATURES,

NOT BECAUSE

THEY DO NOT HAVE FAITH, BUT SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY HAVE FAITH IN THEIR EVIL BELIEF! SATANIC!

SO THEY WERE BLIND

NOW WHEN A PERSON, DELIBERATELY REMAIN BLIND, STUBBORN, DO NOT WANT TO LISTEN TO THE WORD OF GOD,

GOD WILL  SIMPLY  LEAVE HIM BE, DOING HIS/HER ON WILL, LIKE HE LEFT ADAM ON HIS FREE WILL ,DELIBERATELY,TOOK THE FIRST STEP AND  OPTED TO HAVE A WOMAN!

REFUSE THE ONENESS IMAGE OF GOD!

THE FACT THAT HUMANS ARE POURING DOWN TO HELL!

NOW DISCERN THE TRUTH THROUGH SCRIPTURES, AND DO NOT,WITH EVERY RESPECT, REMAIN BLIND, AND READ WHAT GOD DOES TO HIM WHO IS NOT READY TO GO DELIBERATELY TO CHRIST:

Matthew 13:12 For he that hath,

THE WILL TO GO TO GOD

to him shall be given,

GRACES, AFTER HE DELIBERATELY COMMITTED HIMSELF TO CHRIST

and he shall abound:BE SAVED BY THE GRACES FROM GOD THROUGH CHRIST!

SO ONE MUST COMMIT HIMSELF AND TAKE THE FIRST STEP FORWARD TO CHRIST THROUGH HIS DEEDS 

NOW READ THE REST:

but he that hath not,

THE WILL TO GO TO GOD

from him shall be taken away that also which he hath.

GOD WILL REMOVE FROM HIM EVEN WHAT HE WAS GIVEN BY GOD FOR CHRIST PURPOSE

THE GRACE OF GOD WHICH WAS SLAIN FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD, REV.13:8

AND DOWN TO HELL HE GOES!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

13Therefore do I speak to them in parables: because seeing they see not, and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

THE FACT THAT YOU DIDN’T DO SO,

NEGATIVE STEP BY REFUSING TO GO TO JESUS that you may have life. THROUGH MYRIAD KINDS OF GRACES

John 6:35 35And Jesus said to them: I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me IT’S UP TO US TO GO TO JESUS,, shall not hunger: and he that believeth in me shall never thirst OBVIOUS! once we accepted Jesus in our lives, WE RECEIVE GRACES UPON GRACES FOR SURE!

carmel
    Participant

Your rendition about faith without works, has nothing to do with the person themselves chossing to make any first step,

Gene,

YOU SIMPLY CANNOT SEE IT.

Luke, 13:AND there were present, at that very time, some that told him of the Galileans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2And he answering, said to them: Think you that these Galileans were sinners above all the men of Galilee, because they suffered such things?

Here it is Gene:

3 No, I SAY TO YOU : BUT UNLESS YOU SHALL DO PENANCE

So, WHAT IS that they have to do as a confirmation that they BELIEVED what Jesus preached? TRUE FAITH.

TO TAKE THE FIRST STEP, AND REPENT! THEREFORE DELIBERATELY WORK.

OTHERWISE:

THE GRACE OF GOD WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE, BUT INSTEAD

HERE IT IS:

YOU SHALL ALL PERISH.

it has to do with true faith

AGAIN YOU SIMPLY CANNOT SEE IT

HOW YOU JUSTIFY IN THE TRUTH YOURSELF

THAT YOU HAVE FAITH?

WHAT CONVINCES YOU THAT YOU HAVE FAITH?

SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU SAY SO?

NOW I WILL NOT COMMENT BUT HEREUNDER IS CLEAR SCRIPTURES THAT CONFIRM THAT

FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD! AND IF FAITH IS DEAD GRACE IS NOT AVAILABLE IN FACT GOD WILL TAKE AWAY EVEN THE GRACE WHICH WAS GIVEN TO HIM FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD REV.13:8

NOW READ AND DO NOT REMAIN……..

James 2:What shall it profit, my brethren, if a man say he hath faith, but hath not works? Shall faith be able to save him?

ANSWER THIS TO YOURSELF NOT TO ME! I KNOW WHERE I AM!

15And if a brother or sister be naked, and want daily food: 16And one of you say to them: Go in peace, be ye warmed and filled; yet give them not those things that are necessary for the body, what shall it profit?

17So faith also, if it have not works, is dead in itself.

18But some man will say: Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without works; and I will shew thee, by works, my faith.

19Thou believest that there is one God. Thou dost well: the devils also believe and tremble.

20But wilt thou know, O vain man,

that faith without works is dead?

21Was not Abraham our father justified by works, offering up Isaac his son upon the altar?

22Seest thou, that faith did co-operate with his works; and by works faith was made perfect?

23And the scripture was fulfilled, saying: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed to him to justice, and he was called the friend of God.

24Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

25And in like manner also Rahab the harlot, was not she justified by works, receiving the messengers, and sending them out another way?

26 For even as the body without the spirit is dead;

Peace and love n Jesus

Charles

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…….

It is FAITH, THAT PRODUCES THE WORKS, NOT WORK THAT PRODUCE THE FATH. James was simply saying the same thing . He clearly said he would show his FAITH BY HIS WORKS ANOTHER WORDS, IT IS TRUE FAITH THAT PRODUCES THE WORKS, GO TO THAT SUBJECT IN HEBREWS AND IT SHOES IT CLEARLY, YOU ARE GETTING WORKS AS PROUCING FAITH, THAT IS NOT WHAT Hebrews or James is saying. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

carmel
    Participant

It is FAITH, THAT PRODUCES THE WORKS, NOT WORK THAT PRODUCE THE FATH.

Gene,

WHERE DID I POST:

WORK PRODUCES FAITH?

Read scriptures again:

26 For even as the body without the spirit is dead;

So the life of the body is THE SPIRIT

THEREFORE:

THE LIFE OF FAITH IS WORKS!

TO MAKE IT CLEAR YOU SAID:

It is FAITH, THAT PRODUCES THE WORKS,

YES!and HOW!

BUT ONE HAS TO PRODUCE WORKS IN ORDER TO GIVE PROOF THAT HE HAS FAITH! NOT JUST SAY SO!

YOU ARE SAYING IT, BUT STILL CANNOT SEE IT!

SO AS YOU SAY: IF FAITH PRODUCES WORKS!

WORKS CONFIRMS WHAT ONE BELIEVE IN!

IF ONE BELIEVES, AND KEEPS ON SHOUTING  THAT HE IS CAPABLE TO CLIMB MOUNT EVEREST,

THERE’S ONLY ONE WAY TO CONFIRM THAT HE IS SAYING THE TRUTH,

SIMPLY CLIMB IT!  WORKS! NO?

BUT UNLESS HE DOES SO, IT WOULD BE ONLY SHOUTING, NOTHING ELSE, WHICH ANY BODY CAN DO!

THAT’S WHY:

the life of FAITH is WORKS!

Because the works in relation to what one believes in MAKE REAL HIS BELIEF , and that he is saying the truth!

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account