The 2nd coming according to the world.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Wakeup,

They teach that Christ is ruling as king now for 2000years.(but scripture says only a 1000years). Here2000Y=1000Y.?

I have no idea why people willfully choose to pick one scripture to take literally and another to take figuratively.

I do know that a thousand years is as a day with God and a day is as a thousand years.

So what is the reasoning based on Scripture that the thousand years must mean a literal thousand years?

I have no idea where the 2000 years came from.

Wakeup
    Participant

This is how they reason.

They teach that Christ rules soon after he was resurrected.

They have to match up the 2000years with the 1000years,so they say that the 1000years is not to be taken literally.

They are doing this every time  they come up against a brick wall.

ps. one day is AS a thousand years. not IS a thousand years.

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Wakeup,

They have precedent going for them as for as the thousand years not being a liter one thousand years but it sounds like they get their 2000 years from the fact it has almost been 2000 years since the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ. I know of no such time in Scripture.

There was saints that underwent resurrection at the same time as Jesus which sounds like a type of the first resurrection.
    John wrote after that time and wrote as if what he was speaking of would occur in the future.

It sounds to me like they are trying to figure out the day and hour of Jesus second coming and basing even that on their hopes.

Camillia
    Participant

The one taken will be the one resurrected. The one left will be the one left on earth.

Jesus says in Matthew 13.24 onwards:

First, gather up the weeds, and bind them in bundles to burn them..

The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will gather out of his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling, and those who do iniquity, and will cast them into the furnace of fire.

Matthew 24:23 onwards:

As the days of Noah were, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For in those days which were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ship, and they didn’t know until the flood came, and took them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and one will be left..

Hence, we see the ones who are taken away are to be burnt. Those who remain are the ones who survive thanks to God’s divine protection and intervention, (as in the story of the three men in the pit of fire).

1st Thess 4:13 follows on with Jesus’ words:

For this we tell you by the word of the Lord, that we who remain alive, who are left to the coming of the Lord, will in no way precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with God’s trumpet. The dead in Christ will rise first, then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. So we will be with the Lord forever.

Camillia
    Participant

So, you see, Wakeup, what you teach in that part is faulty, as you say those who are taken away (in Matthew 24) are the resurrected. That’s not what scripture says.

Wakeup
    Participant

Hi Camillia.

Revelation 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

Revelation 14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

(1). Revelation 14:16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

Revelation 14:17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

Revelation 14:18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

(2). Revelation 14:19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

Revelation 14:20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

As you can see; there is no flood involved.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Hi Camillia.

Revelation 14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

Revelation 14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

(2). Revelation 14:16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

Revelation 14:17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

Revelation 14:18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

(2). Revelation 14:19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

Revelation 14:20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

As you can see; there is no water involved.
    And the vine of the earth is gathered after.

wakeup.

Camillia
    Participant

Thanks Wakeup, but I never mentioned a flood apart from in comparison to whom as taken away.

Wakeup
    Participant

Hi Camellia.

Jesus also said that the harvest will be bundled up and then stored.
    The tares will be burned.

In rev14. The grapes put through the wine press.

wakeup.

Camillia
    Participant

Wakeup and Kerwin,

It is not the good who are taken away initially : It is the wicked.
    That which is good remains alive.
    The storehouse is not the earth : It is heaven where the elect will end up when they are taken up.
    (Deut 28:12) “The Lord will open **the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty**.
    It is not a literal one thousand years : It is a long time : From the resurrection of Jesus until the coming.

It is not THE man of sin : It is any man of sin.
    Can a man of sin teach Christ?

Yet they do, everywhere.
    The restrainer which is taken away is the Holy Spirit.
    The temple is no longer stone : It is the body.

Do you see any errors in any of the above?

Test:
    If a man can watch TV, (sensuality/ glamor/ gluttony/ riches/ drunkenness/ laughter/ murder/ witchcraft/ sin), and not feel bad inside … they may be  sadly on the *wide path*, where there are  *many *. They need to get on the narrow path *where there are few*, (because, what they see could just be a reflection of [a part of] their own life).

Wakeup
    Participant

Hi Camellia.

The ones that are left will be left in the world; and the world(Babylon) will be destroyed.

The ones that are taken will meet the Lord in the clouds.

Tv does conform men to the world. Hollywood is a big player in that.

She had conformed the minds of the world into living in sin.

Wish and pray to God that you will be taken up in the clouds, not left in the world that will be destroyed.

Jeremiah 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

Shalom.
    wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Camellia,

It is not the good who are taken away initially : It is the wicked.

I liked your argument but since one premise is based on the words of a parable I am not sure we can go by that order. The parable is more about answering a question than bothering about the order of which a person is taken away. It is a hypothesis that I plan to test as God leads me to and then guides my tests.

kerwin
    Participant

Camellia,

The wicked are destroyed at the end of the Messianic Age and before all things are made new.

Camillia
    Participant

Hi Wakeup,

I will agree with you that the world will be destroyed, but disagree with you that the left behind are the wicked. I believe the left behind are the chosen ones of God.

Yes, the ones that are taken (up) after the destruction will meet Jesus in the air.

I believe the beast could be the world, and the image of the beast could be the television and internet. The mark of the beast is not to be taken literally but is inner and unseen by man, just as God’s mark is. The not being able to buy or sell without the inner unseen mark can relate to the internet which is a part of buying and selling today. All imo.

Wish and pray to God that you will be taken up in the clouds, not left in the world that will be destroyed.

I have faith in God so do not wish or pray to be taken up in the clouds. God chooses – it is completely up to God. Either we are worthy or we are not. Those who are not will be gone and not suffer forever like some wrongly teach.

kerwin
    Participant

Camillia,

Chapter 19 of Revelations foretells the destruction of the wicked and it seems to occur just prior to Judgement Day. Armageddon may occur at another time as well as it is specifically mentioned elsewhere in Revelations.

Camillia
    Participant

Hi Kerwin,

I would agree with you that the order is irrelevant to the words of a parable, except that in other places in scripture, the same order repeats itself. We have the same order in the following verses:

Matthew 13:

30. Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn.”

41. The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Matt 24:

37. For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be. Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one will be left.

1st Thess 4:

16. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Camillia
    Participant

The wicked are destroyed at the end of the Messianic Age and before all things are made new.

Yes that is biblically correct.

The argument among Christians is when the so called messianic age is, or shall be. Thus, half of Christianity believes the messianic age is future, whereas the other half believe the messianic age is present since the cross. Therefore, Satan was bound with the cross so that he could not deceive the nations – therefore, as Jesus prophesied, the good news of the kingdom would be spread around the world, which has happened, and would have been unattainable if Satan the deceiver had not been bound. Moreover, according to this view, Satan will be released prior to the second coming to deceive the world once more.

I believe the later. However, not through study or reading others teachings, but solely through faith. Later study confirmed my belief.

Camillia
    Participant

Chapter 19 of Revelations foretells the destruction of the wicked and it seems to occur just prior to Judgement Day. Armageddon may occur at another time as well as it is specifically mentioned elsewhere in Revelations.

Kewin, I’ll have to take a look at that (later).

Do you believe, or feel, that Revelations is in chronological order?

kerwin
    Participant

Camillia,

Within the same storyline I do feel it is in chronological order but there is more than one story line is Revelations.

Wakeup
    Participant

Camellia.

Can you read this scripture please?

Jeremiah 3:14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will **TAKE** you one of a city, and two of a family, **AND I WILL BRING YOU TO ZION**.
    I WILL TAKE YOU AND BRING YOU TO ZION. THE ONES THAT ARE LEFT WILL NOT BE BROUGHT TO ZION.

THE BEAST AND HIS IMAGE; AND HIS MARK:
    The beast will be the new world order.(just like it was in the days of King Nimrod; His kingdom was Called BABEL(confusion).
    Nimrod’s kingdom was a one system government, one language, one trade system, one believe system. (He was worshipped as god).
    The beast image would be the system,laws and rules; everyone must worship the new system. THEREFORE WORSHIP HIM,THE FALSE PROPHET.
    His mark will be placed IN the hand,or IN the forehead.
    WITHOUT THAT MARK; NO ONE CAN BUY OR SELL. CAN’T HAVE A JOB,BANK ACCOUNT,OR ANYTHING.
    CHRISTIANS MUST MAKE A DECISION TO TAKE THE MARK, OR TO REJECT THE MARK.
    SAVE YOUR LIFE FOR BREAD; OR DIE FOR CHRIST AND HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.
    HE WHO SAVES HIS LIFE SHALL LOOSE IT,AND HE WHO LOSES HIS LIFE FOR MY SAKE SHALL FIND LIFE.

THE SECOND COMING:
    Before the coming there must be a 3rd ww, the king of the Medes(Iran) will cross the Euphrates, from the east.
    And make war with the one world order beast, because they have destroyed the dome of the rock to build the 3rd temple.
    The abomination of desolation(temple) will be set up. Then look up, for your redemption is near.
    This war will be cut short for the elect sake. Just by Christ appearing in the clouds with his army of angels.
    The war will stop suddenly. Then, three froglike expressions will come out of the mouth of the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet to gather them into a place called Megiddo.The two armies will come together to make war with the Lamb.
    They will be destroyed in ONE day. This is the harvesting of the grapes and put through the wine press.
    The blood will be up to a horse bridle.

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account