Quality not Quantity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

I am seriously considering changing the forums. The idea I have is to ban members who ask the same silly questions over and are not open minded to engage in honest discussion and are not open minded to ideas apart from their own views.

From the beginning these forums were about organising like-minded people together to test all things. People who love truth and want to learn more and who handle knowledge with wisdom. I was never looking for people that just agreed to the same things, but honest enough to seek truth, which I believe would lead men to the same truth.

At the time I set up these forums, I was also given a vision from God where he clearly showed me that some people would come to distract myself and others from the mission at hand which as it was shown to me was to bring down the strong-hold of the enemy, the same mission as the Lord Jesus Christ. I was shown that some would distract and waste the time of myself and others in order to try and keep us from the goal.

I believe that I have let this happen and for too long. So I am seriously considering taking the hard option and banning members who I believe are not bringing any quality discussion here, but only bring discord, division, and distraction. Further, I know that some members who looked promising came here and left when they spoke to some of you. In truth I would rather that I was discussing things with them than you.

Feel free to put in your view on this topic. As I said, I think it is time to change things and am seriously considering it. Even if the forums die, I think that is better than a bunch of people who can’t see past their own nose.

Do you agree that these forums would be better of with few quality people than a bunch of people who are not teachable and just spam the same stuff over and over?

Grasshopper
    Participant

@Admin

I concur.

~
    G

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks Grasshopper.

🙂

terraricca
    Participant

t8

why did it took so long ?

Proclaimer
    Participant

I guess I have too much faith in people Terr. Too naive to think you can make people see sense and that they will accept scriptures when given to them. The reality is some people just refuse to progress spiritually and instead prefer to draw people to themselves instead of Christ. They should be let go and can rejoin if they have changed for the better.

terraricca
    Participant

some people make discussions over nothing at all,just to show he is popular or he looks for popularity ,truth never was popular ,but so are lies and deceit it is just that some people feel more comfortable with deceit than with truth ,

the “leaven of the pharisees ” the pharisees seem to be comfortable in deceit ,while true Believer feel comfortable in the truth ,that simple to me anyway

Proclaimer
    Participant

Totally agree. One particular topic here is about to enter the Popular Topics page.

Popular Topics

It is a legitimate subject, but most of the posts show that the person who created the topic has learned nothing and ignores even scripture. Such a waste of time conversing with such people. I won’t mention who it is or what topic, but you might be able to guess it if it enters into the Popular Topics page.

terraricca
    Participant

yes i know ,more than one ;and scriptures mean nothing for they give the configuration that they see fit to it ,

useless discussion day in day out waist time help none ,

terraricca
    Participant

my understanding is that we should build one truth over another one and so build our temple ,

we cannot build up then tear down and build up again ,i am not a palestinian can’t do it .

truth is food for the true mind ,

Admin
    Keymaster

In order to get more quality posts here rather than mass posts that contain spam or promotion of pet doctrines, I have banned two members.

While I do not expect that every member needs to agree on all things, it is important that these forums attract members who have good quality character and are seeking truth with all their hearts rather than members who teach that they are right and everyone else wrong.

From now on I am going to do this with any member who comes here and is only interested in their own doctrine and puts down others. Even if the forums die, that is better IMO than busy forums that have little substance, righteousness, and truth.

Hopefully I have made the right decision. But I could no longer in good conscience allow certain members to flood the forums with low quality posts. I want this to be a place where people are fed nutritious food, not junk food. And while anyone including Atheists or non-Believers can join these forums, it is important that they post in topics that are related to the subject. Members who steer topics away from their subjects and toward their pet doctrines will also be banned.

Miia
    Participant

Two week banning does the trick on one forum I have seen. Members supposedly return after the ban much better behaved, or else they are banned again for another two weeks!

Admin
    Keymaster

Thanks miia.

I have unbanned Wakeup BTW.

Miia
    Participant

I heard of one member on this particular forum banned over and over again (two weeks at a time) seems quite well behaved now!  But I completely understand your point of view as well.

Admin
    Keymaster

Actually, Wakeup was unbanned ages ago.

Admin
    Keymaster

I don’t mind the two weeks thing. If it works, then good. I will try it next time.
    In truth, I have banned probably five members or so since the year 2000, so it is very rare.
    Obviously I have beaned a lot of spammers over that time, but I don’t count them as they were never genuine members. Most were probably spam bots anyway.

Miia
    Participant

Hi t8.

Some members of the past I never considered (permanent) trouble, though they were (apparently) permanently banned (I’m not talking about Wakeup). Those who should have been banned at the time were not. Good judgment comes into play, and I guess temporary bans give people time to think. But, the same rules have to apply to everyone, (imho).

But then again, some members are just trouble full stop, and will not learn from temporary bans, which is when permanent bans would be needed.

Admin
    Keymaster

Agreed.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account