Prophecy is hard to follow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

Camellia.

You need to learn how to discern the scriptures.
    Is satan the devil and his angels literal?
    Is the 1000year rest literal?
    Is the beheading of the saints literal?
    Is Jesus crucifixion literal?
    Is your born again thing literal?

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Wakeup,

I obtained the 95% from these words.

But the prophecy section appeared to be ignored; has gone stale; this is because they have not a clue about prophesies.
    This can be clearly seen. They have only understood 5% of the whole bible.

Did I misunderstand you.

kerwin
    Participant

Wakeup,

Growing to maturity has nothing to do with prophecy. To be mature you must be like Jesus in true holiness and righteousness. That take perfect faith and total obedience to the teachings of the Holy Spirit.

Prophecy serves both to forewarn us and so we would know of God’s glory afterwards.

journey42
    Participant

In Rev at the 6th vial/6th trumpet, we see that there will be war in Israel.

The 6th vial

Revelation 16:12   And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

The 6th trumpet

Revelation 9:14   Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.

Revelation 9:15   And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

Revelation 9:16   And the number of the army of the horsemen two hundred thousand thousand and I heard the number of them.

Revelation 9:18   By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

There is war happening here.  Wars produce smoke from gunfire and bombs.  This will start fires adding more smoke.  All this smoke will cover the sky, for this is no small war.  The sky will be a thick cloud of smoke covering the sun’s rays, and the moons light.  The sky will be dark and gloomy before the Lord comes because of that war there that kills a third of men.

Acts 2:19   And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth; beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
    Acts 2:20   The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

Camillia,

Notice the above verses.  There are signs in the earth.  Visible signs, a reality, caused from the war.

Joel 2:1   Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand

Joel 2:2   A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, to the years of many generations.

Joel 2:3   A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them. (War)

Zechariah 14:6 In that day there will be no light; the luminaries will dwindle. For it will be a unique day which is known to the Lord, neither day nor night, but it will come about that at evening time there will be light.

This is not speaking about a literal day and night with no darkness. This is speaking about Jesus who is the light:

Christ comes to stop this war, or else no flesh would be saved.  His appearing in the sky will be so bright, it will shine through all that smoke caused from that war.    These warring men will stop fighting and become bewildered by this light.  They don’t know it’s Christ, because all they see is a bright light.  (again this appearing of the bright lights stops this war).  All the soldiers there re-gather at Armageddon.  It will take a few days to get there and reassemble.  They fight the lamb.

Christ does not appear in the morning, or midday, but in the evening.  This is when his light can be seen.  This is when he comes to rescue Israel by stopping that war.  Their ordeal is now over, help has arrived and salvation has come to them.
    Zechariah 14:6 gives us a clue that Christ will appear in the evening, and with this light comes truth and justice.

Wakeup
    Participant

Kerwin.

I said 5% of the WHOLE BIBLE.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Kerwin. It would be nice if You could join in too.

wakeup.

journey42
    Participant

Kerwin

Instead of looking up to see how many prophesies are in the bible, why don’t you go straight into a prophesy so we can all discuss it. It will be more beneficial. Are their any prophesies that you find unclear or confusing, or any you agree with and would like to point out?

journey42
    Participant

Camillia

My post to you got mucked up when I did half in “text” then switched to “Visual”. I had all these codes everywhere and I tried to delete the entire post and start again but it wouldn’t let me cancel, so I edited. Anyway, everything I wanted to say is on there. I just forgot to address it to you at the start. I see what you are saying, that Jesus is the light (truth), but it will also be a physical light. For them that Jesus has come to judge and destroy, they will only see his power, but not his whole truth.

Camillia
    Participant

My post to you got mucked up when I did half in “text” then switched to “Visual”. I had all these codes everywhere and I tried to delete the entire post and start again but it wouldn’t let me cancel, so I edited. Anyway, everything I wanted to say is on there. I just forgot to address it to you at the start.

Hi Journey. Best thing to do is to use your computer notepad for copy and pasted scriptures, then copy and paste from notepad onto hnet post, which removes the other sites formatting. If you copy and paste site scripture directly here it includes a whole lot of code. So, pasting it onto notepad then onto this site removes that code, (I hope that makes sense).

Camillia
    Participant

You need to learn how to discern the scriptures.
    1. Is satan the devil and his angels literal?
    2. Is the 1000year rest literal?
    3. Is the beheading of the saints literal?
    4. Is Jesus crucifixion literal?
    5. Is your born again thing literal?

Hi Wakeup. You still need to make Revelations fit with the words of Jesus, Peter and Paul, rather than make the words of Jesus, Peter and Paul fit with Revelations. (Priority).

Camillia
    Participant

Christ comes to stop this war, or else no flesh would be saved.  His appearing in the sky will be so bright, it will shine through all that smoke caused from that war.    These warring men will stop fighting and become bewildered by this light.  They don’t know it’s Christ, because all they see is a bright light.  (again this appearing of the bright lights stops this war).  All the soldiers there re-gather at Armageddon.  It will take a few days to get there and reassemble.  They fight the lamb.

Christ does not appear in the morning, or midday, but in the evening.  This is when his light can be seen.  This is when he comes to rescue Israel by stopping that war.  Their ordeal is now over, help has arrived and salvation has come to them.
    Zechariah 14:6 gives us a clue that Christ will appear in the evening, and with this light comes truth and justice.

Journey.

4 “For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace; and all the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff; and the day that is coming will set them ablaze,” says the Lord of hosts, “so that it will leave them neither root nor branch.” 2 “But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall. 3 You will tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing,” says the Lord of hosts.

journey42
    Participant

Hi Camellia

Thanks for the notepad advice.  It does make sense.  I just hope @admin would look at putting in a preview feature. that we can edit before posting, like before.  It would save lots of time typing in a notepad.

journey42
    Participant

Journey.

4 “For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace; and all the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff; and the day that is coming will set them ablaze,” says the Lord of hosts, “so that it will leave them neither root nor branch.” 2 “But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall. 3 You will tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing,” says the Lord of hosts.

Camillia

What scripture is that? It’s just worded different from my bible.
    Those armies that will fight against the Lord at his coming will all be destroyed, every single one of them. This is the treading of the grapes, the winepress. All the very wicked throughout the earth, not involved in these armies will be destroyed also. They will not take part in the 1000 years of peace that is coming, and their seed will be cut off from them.

But there will be some left that are not so wicked amongst the gentiles. They are just devoid of truth. Even though they are spared, and not allowed to dwell in the kingdom that will be set up, they are used as witnesses also to the Coming to pass this testimony on to their future generations. They will testify to the day the Lamb came and judged the world, and destroyed the system of Babylon.

It’s their children, and childrens children, who will be taught outside the gates, and then can come in and worship. I doubt that any that has the mark of the beast will be allowed to enter the kingdom, but their children without the mark will. Same will go for the Jews. They will have their children brought in to the kingdom, their future children without the Mark. A thousand years is a long time. Many Jews will be brought in and multiply there, inside the kingdom.

Isaiah 49:22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.

kerwin
    Participant

journey42,

My point is that you test your own teachings before they come out of your mouth. If it is not important then why bother mentioning it. If it is then strive to make sure what you are saying is true.

The title of the thread is excellent and in my experience true and something each human that follows Jesus keeps in mind. A believer is not quick to speak if they are mature. They test their own words to make sure they are sound. If you look around too many people are concerned with prophecy of the end time and too few are concerned with doing what God commands. They are trying to allow the wagon to pull the horse.

We are warned not to take away or add to the book of Revelations and that makes me handle it as if it were highly dangerous to mishandle it because of my lack of knowledge.

kerwin
    Participant

To any that are concerned,

Isaiah 3:16 is about whoring after strange gods, aka strange doctrines. Many humans do this today even a multitude of those that call themselves either Christians or Jews. It is so desolate that I hope that it is done because of true lack of knowledge but fear it is done because of the rejection of the truth by the vast majority of humanity.

journey42
    Participant

Kerwin

journey42,

The title of the thread is excellent and in my experience true and something each human that follows Jesus keeps in mind. A believer is not quick to speak if they are mature.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

If you look around too many people are concerned with prophecy of the end time and too few are concerned with doing what God commands. They are trying to allow the wagon to pull the horse.

Like I said Kerwin, this is expected of us, righteousness. It’s our duty to put on righteousness, this is where it all starts. This is the milk. God told us to hear his Son, he will give us solids, his flesh which is the real meat. Strong meat.

We are warned not to take away or add to the book of Revelations and that makes me handle it as if it were highly dangerous to mishandle it because of my lack of knowledge.

That’s right Kerwin, but we are allowed to seek this book and discuss it and learn, so that we do not lack in knowledge.
    If we are lacking in knowledge then we have no covering and are naked. We will be open to deception and our growth stunted, and not a witness to the message, but a victim. At least you admit that you are lacking in knowledge, so you need to get some.

Can someone lacking in knowledge be qualified to declare something is false and a heresy?
    Surely he can ask questions for more understanding, and say I don’t agree because of this scripture and so forth,
    but can he admit that he is wrong when corrected with scripture? It would take a very genuine person seeking to do this.
    There is too much pride here, never a thank you, always suspicious of others who are bold in speech speaking the Lords truth.
    You see when you know the truth, you can answer quick. The truth is inside of us and can pinpoint a contradiction immediately concerning doctrine.

Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Prophecy is strong meat. Jesus wants to give everything to us, not just the milk. Those that receive the strong meat, have the real testimony of Jesus in full, and not in part….So if we are lacking, then something has stunted us, and we need to start feeding again.

Camillia
    Participant

But there will be some left that are not so wicked amongst the gentiles. They are just devoid of truth. Even though they are spared, and not allowed to dwell in the kingdom that will be set up, they are used as witnesses also to the Coming to pass this testimony on to their future generations. They will testify to the day the Lamb came and judged the world, and destroyed the system of Babylon.

It’s their children, and childrens children, who will be taught outside the gates, and then can come in and worship. I doubt that any that has the mark of the beast will be allowed to enter the kingdom, but their children without the mark will. Same will go for the Jews. They will have their children brought in to the kingdom, their future children without the Mark. A thousand years is a long time. Many Jews will be brought in and multiply there, inside the kingdom.

Journey,

So if I understand you rightly,  Jesus will return, some people will be destroyed, a kingdom will be set up in Jerusalem, there will be gates around Jerusalem, and people on the outside will go in to worship. People will multiply and die, and this will last a thousand years.

Trouble is, I don’t see this anywhere in the New Testament. Where is it mentioned? Nowhere.

What scripture does mention is the HEAVENLY JERUSALEM, and I have posted verses to support that many times.

Camillia
    Participant

Hense: If anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘There He is,’ do not believe him. “For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. “Behold, I have told you in advance. “So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them.

Yet, a false Jesus may come, even from the heavens, and sit in Jerusalem, and many will believe it, unless they know what Jesus warned.

Which is why I ask… How will you know, unless you listen?

Camillia
    Participant

If anyone is waiting for Jesus’ feet to stand on the Mt of Olives… hmmm.. this is already happened. I do not believe Jesus’ feet will touch this planet at the second advent, and scripture agrees with this opinion. Thus, those who remain alive will be CAUGHT UP to meet Jesus in the air.
    “Watch that you are not deceived” (Matthew 24:4)

“For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.” (1Thes 5:2)

“Behold, I am coming like a thief” (Revelations 6:15)

“The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up” (2nd Peter 3:10)

Camillia
    Participant

More verses (these are for you Wakeup, as I said I would post).

“Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going.

Philippians 3:20 But our citizenship is in heaven.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 “For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

1 Peter 1:3-5 “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account