Muslim Shoe on the other foot

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Sep. 16 2012,20:54)
    Yes Bod,
    You have consistently maintained that there is only one God.
    I have heard people that believe in different gods say the same thing.
    But in telling someone else that they are wrong about their particular rendition of god, you are in reality comparing gods.

You merely say that their god is really your God in desguise.

Besides, why did your one and only God say “And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: “
    Which other gods was he talking to?

Tim

Actually I don't say that their God is my God in disguise I say that perceptions of God vary but God is God.

To say “Let us make man in our image” does not mean that God was adressing other “gods” it simply means God was talking to or referring to conscious beings such as Angels
    obviously man is different in the fact that he is a physical being. So man has a conciousness.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Sep. 17 2012,00:16)
    Thanks Ed,

!. Are you saying that Abraham and Moses had polluted genetics?
    When were these polluted genetics purged if everyone is still a sinner?

2. But if you know him then you know that he is known to ask people to do these things. If you know that he would not ask you, then how do you know.

I want to know because there are still many people today that kill because they said that God told them to.
    Even the president of the USA.

Tim

You see ED plays these games diluting what the word of God actually says. God may very well direct someone to KILL or COMMIT MURDER and it could be a very good reason for it.

The command Thou shall not kill was not a general command pertaining to all people it was a community command as part of the law if I am wrong then Moses would not have ordered the killing of thousands right after giving the law those people di not accept the covenant and were MURDERED. So thou shall not killreally means “Thou shall not kill one another” as a community standard but clearly the law pointed out that certain acts of criminality placed on outside that covenant of protection resulting in death.

It is a shame when someone claims belief in something and then tries to bend over backwards to make it sound “nice and acceptable” to a critic. It would be better to just tell the honest truth.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Sep. 17 2012,00:57)

Thanks Ed,

2. But if you know him then you know that he is known to ask people to do these things. If you know that he would not ask you, then how do you know.

I want to know because there are still many people today that kill because they said that God told them to.

Tim

Hey Tim … It has been a while … interesting topic … As you know there is a distinction between Killing and Murder …        ” Thou shalt not  murder” Do not wantedly plan or premeditate the taking of a life … Killing has been a time tested crucible of judgement throughout the bible and will probably continue until the second coming … God hates war yet he determines the outcome in order to facilitate judgement… It is mans cruelty to his fellow man that keeps this cycle going…God has nothing to do with that … In the case of Job there was no bet …The trials that Job underwent were extrodinary and showed us all that there is nothing we can do to save ourselves except rely on the grace of the creator…our rightousness is exemplified through our humility..

Why do you say that God hates war?

Exodus 15:3
    The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

Why are so many people afraid to own up to the truth, these are the same people who say God won't send anyone to HELL or cause any strife whatsoever these people lie against God.

Isaiah 45:7
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Sep. 17 2012,13:32)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 15 2012,23:46)
    Hi WIT,

Your question is like what is like to walk on the sun? That can't happen, so your 'what if' question is invalid as you would apply it to me.

OK, Ed, I'll accommodate your nonsense.

Why was Abraham's willingness* to kill Isaac acceptable?

a) Isaac was genetically polluted, so killing him was justified.

b) God told Abraham to do it which automatically made it a “righteous” act.

*Please note that I am explicitly talking about Abraham's willingness to do it, not whether or not he did it.

Hi WIT, thank you!

God wanted to show the Angels that Abraham was willing to do what he himself would do years later.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 17 2012,14:16)

Thanks Ed,

Tim

You see ED plays these games diluting what the word of God actually says. God may very well direct someone to KILL or COMMIT MURDER and it could be a very good reason for it.

The command Thou shall not kill was not a general command pertaining to all people it was a community command as part of the law if I am wrong then Moses would not have ordered the killing of thousands right after giving the law those people di not accept the covenant and were MURDERED. So thou shall not killreally means “Thou shall not kill one another” as a community standard but clearly the law pointed out that certain acts of criminality placed on outside that covenant of protection resulting in death.

It is a shame when someone claims belief in something and then tries to bend over backwards to make it sound “nice and acceptable” to a critic. It would be better to just tell the honest truth.

Hi BD,

“Thou shall not kill” means “Thou shall not commit premeditated criminal homicide.”

God bless

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 17 2012,14:33)

Hi WIT,

Your question is like what is like to walk on the sun? That can't happen, so your 'what if' question is invalid as you would apply it to me.

*Please note that I am explicitly talking about Abraham's willingness to do it, not whether or not he did it.

Hi WIT, thank you!

God wanted to show the Angels that Abraham was willing to do what he himself would do years later.

God bless

God wanted to reveal that he would not really allow Abraham's son to be sacrificed and neither would he allow his own son to be sacrificed.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 17 2012,14:35)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 17 2012,14:16)

Thanks Ed,

Tim

Hi BD,

“Thou shall not kill” means “Thou shall not commit premeditated criminal homicide.”

God bless

Sorry ED that is not wha that means because God has ordered premeditated murder of the Amalekites and others and as far as declaring something a criminal homicide criminality can only be considered inside a particular doman so killing any King is a criminal act in that kingdom. Your whole religion is based upon salvation through a CRIMINAL HOMICIDE which you insist that if it did not occur no one can have salvation.

So Christianity is built and based on the MURDER of 1 single individual.

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 17 2012,09:33)

Hi WIT,

Hi WIT, thank you!

God bless

Isaac died of old age.  So are you saying that Abraham was simply willing to let Isaac die of old age?  Obviously not!

So what are we talking about here?  The fact that Abraham was willing to take Isaac's life!

So, why aren't you willing to do the same if God asks you to?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi WIT,

That is not something that YHVH would ask me to do.

God bless

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Why not, Ed?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi WIT,

Because killing is not in my spirit.

God bless

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 17 2012,15:47)
    Hi WIT,

Because killing is not in my spirit.

God bless

So you have created God in your own image.
    God wants only the same things that you want.

Tim

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Tim,

Apparently, Ed is greater than Abraham, because God could ask Abraham to kill, but is incapable of asking Ed to do so.

Wait!  Maybe Ed is more powerful than God, since Ed apparently sets the terms of their relationship.

Devolution
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 14 2012,07:31)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 12 2012,21:11)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 12 2012,13:11)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 11 2012,16:23)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Sep. 11 2012,15:03)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 11 2012,06:01)
    Hi BD,

Do you believe it is OK to kill in the name of islam for this reason?

עד (Joshua 22:34) Ed (Witness)

The Quran says fight those who fight you. But I must ask did th angels come down and KILL entire towns simply because of disbelief?

Hi BD,

So you do think it is OK then – right?

Think what is okay?

to kill in the name of islam

To kill in the name of God has always been condoned by God Himself.

You would not Kill if God told you to? If you would not then you are not a believer.

Firstly, your god is not the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
    Secondly, God only called for the killing of those who were hopelessly perverted…there was ALWAYS a reason and killing was only sanctioned for particular and defined reasons.
    Thirdly, your god calls for perpetual killing on any who will not put themselves under his yoke…a very burdensome yoke.
    Fourthly, from the very beginning, God declared a time would come when a new covenant would be established.
    Fifth, the new covenant came and condemns any killing at all in Gods name henceforth, for the purposes of the killings of old had served their purpose which you obviously do not understand.
    Sixth, God declared in Isaiah exactly how to identify the one who would bring in this new covenant..
    Seventh, Jesus fulfilled to the letter everything written of Him is Isaiah.
    Eigth, The scrolls found (dead sea scrolls) included the oldest version of Isaiah and dated well before Christs appearing thus proving authenticity, something islam has never had..fulfilled prophecies.
    Ninth, Since Jesus fulfilled every aspect of the prophecies, there is no doubt He and He alone was the One to bring in this new covenant.
    Tenth, Jesus declared the scriptures COMPLETE. FULLY and totally complete.
    Eleventh, Jesus warned that even if an angel came with a new doctrine, it is from the devil, the god of this world, Satan.
    Twelfth, islam calls allah the god of this world.
    Thirteenth, God spoke of only two covenants till the end comes, not three!!
    Fourteenth, islams covenant is non compatible with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob on every level.
    Fifteenth, muhammad is called a prophet? Where are his prophecies? A prophet without prophecies?
    Wake up man.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Devo,

You said:
    “Firstly, your god is not the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”

According to Francis Edwards Peters, “The Qur'an insists, Muslims believe, and historians affirm that Muhammad and his followers worship the same God as the Jews (29:46). The Koran's Allah is the same Creator God who covenanted with Abraham”. Peters states that the Qur'an portrays Allah as both more powerful and more remote than Yahweh, and as a universal deity, unlike Yahweh who closely follows Israelites.[

“Secondly, God only called for the killing of those who were hopelessly perverted…there was ALWAYS a reason and killing was only sanctioned for particular and defined reasons.”

According to the bible countless thousands of little one month old baby boys must have been hopelessly perverted when God had them killed but saved the little virgins girls for his people. Right.

” Thirdly, your god calls for perpetual killing on any who will not put themselves under his yoke…a very burdensome yoke.”

Whereas your God only calls for the never ending torture for eternity of any who will not put themselves under his yoke.

” Fourthly, from the very beginning, God declared a time would come when a new covenant would be established.”

The very beginning was in Eden. Where did he declare this new covenant to Adam an Eve.

” Fifth, the new covenant came and condemns any killing at all in Gods name henceforth, for the purposes of the killings of old had served their purpose which you obviously do not understand.”

Then what is the entire book of revelation about?
    And why did Jesus say to bring those who do not want him to be king and kill them in front of him? Don't say it was only a parable. Jesus told parables to teach something.

“Sixth, God declared in Isaiah exactly how to identify the one who would bring in this new covenant..
    Seventh, Jesus fulfilled to the letter everything written of Him is Isaiah.”

Aside from getting the whole virgin thing wrong and the wrong name of the child It is quite obvious that the prophecy was directed at King Ahaz.

Shoot, I am only half way through your post and you haven't got anything right yet. I might as well stop.

Tim

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Oct. 05 2012,05:48)
    Hi Devo,

You said:

According to Francis Edwards Peters, “The Qur'an insists, Muslims believe, and historians affirm that Muhammad and his followers worship the same God as the Jews (29:46). The Koran's Allah is the same Creator God who covenanted with Abraham”. Peters states that the Qur'an portrays Allah as both more powerful and more remote than Yahweh, and as a universal deity, unlike Yahweh who closely follows Israelites.[

“Secondly, God only called for the killing of those who were hopelessly perverted…there was ALWAYS a reason and killing was only sanctioned for particular and defined reasons.”

According to the bible countless thousands of little one month old baby boys must have been hopelessly perverted when God had them killed but saved the little virgins girls for his people. Right.

” Thirdly, your god calls for perpetual killing on any who will not put themselves under his yoke…a very burdensome yoke.”

Whereas your God only calls for the never ending torture for eternity of any who will not put themselves under his yoke.

” Fourthly, from the very beginning, God declared a time would come when a new covenant would be established.”

The very beginning was in Eden. Where did he declare this new covenant to Adam an Eve.

” Fifth, the new covenant came and condemns any killing at all in Gods name henceforth, for the purposes of the killings of old had served their purpose which you obviously do not understand.”

And why did Jesus say to bring those who do not want him to be king and kill them in front of him? Don't say it was only a parable. Jesus told parables to teach something.

“Sixth, God declared in Isaiah exactly how to identify the one who would bring in this new covenant..

Aside from getting the whole virgin thing wrong and the wrong name of the child It is quite obvious that the prophecy was directed at King Ahaz.

Shoot, I am only half way through your post and you haven't got anything right yet. I might as well stop.

Tim

Wow, you saved me so much time! Thanks.

Ed and Devolution insist on creating their own version of God they hate what it says about God in the Bible. They have to try to manipulate the words to make them more appealing.

They refuse to understand that within the same book and chapters that say do not kill it goes on to tell you several situations in which you should kill so therefore thou shall not kill mustbe a generic statement such as you shouldn't just kill for the sake of killing itself.

I hate this dishonesty God has ordered entire anihilation of a group of people and it doesn't say because they were so extremely perverted it was simply because they got in the way and like you said he ordered them to KILL EVERYONE except the virgin girls and when Saul tried to show compassion to the King of those slaughtered leaving the king alive theProphet said God was angry because of it and then proceeded to decapitate the King so in other words God was very clear that killing ALL meant ALL.

The fact is I do believe in God as it is written and the clear point is God can do whatever HE wants regardless of what a person thinks about it ask Job ask Jonah

Devolution
    Participant

Hi Devo,

You said:

Tim

Tim,

Firstly, the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob has left us with a written testimony of who He is and what He stands for.
    The “god” of the korans testimony is not the same personality nor message.
    Fail #1

Secondly, God never commanded to keep “little virgin girls” from vanquished nations for themselves. There might be one or two examples from memory I grant you that? But very rare and is NOT the norm nor a PERPETUAL commandment to indulge in unlike in islam.
    Fail #2

Thirdly, hell is NOT eternal punishment, it is eternal destruction of ones soul.
    Fail #3

Fourth, the very beginning of FLESH was in Eden. Man lost paradise, started spreading throughout the world. There were no nations yet, Gods plans did not concern Adam at such an early phase of mankind, it wasn't until God made for Himself a nation in Israel that He declared all He was going to do in the future. Books like Isaiah which amongst hundreds of prophecies that came true to the letter, spoke of Jesus and His crucifixion even before there was such a thing as crucifixion in the world…books that your ilk mocked for centuries UNTIL PROOF was found that they were indeed written centuries before the events came to pass…mss dated long BEFORE the Roman Empire was even a growing pimple on histories backside from the Dead Sea scrolls!!
    Nevertheless, God DID record in writing His plans even BEFORE the flood through Enoch of whom the bible endorsed as a man of God.
    Get the theme? There are still hundreds of recorded prophecies that are thousands of years old where God is DECLARING what He is going to do amongst the NATIONS…90% of them now fulfilled to the letter…no book on this planet comes close to such obvious divine inspiration.
    Just because religion has abused the word of God for its own end, does not undermine the integrity of God Himself.
    Fail #4

Jesus WILL slay those wicked rulers for rejecting Him yes.
    Why?
    Because by rejecting Him, and being in positions of power, evil has grown under them and made their respective people's lives hell.
    Can't you comprehend that evil is evil?
    That evil will never compromise nor change but will always seek to dominate and extort?
    What, you want Christ to let evil continue perpetually?
    You can not reason with evil, you can not bring about a peace loving, just, safe community as long as evil is present hoping to corrupt good and dominate good for its own wicked self.
    And since evil REFUSES to change, what is the only option left?
    To destroy it for ever!!
    Evil WILL have its end…
    Got a problem with that?
    Feel sorry for Hitler do you? Pol Pot? Stalin? Etc etc etc etc etc etc
    Fail #5

Where you get this absurd story about misunderstanding Isaiahs prophecies concerning Jesus etc only shows your ignorance and dishonest bias.
    Isaiah's prophecies have been proved authentic by your own acceptable dating methods!!
    There is no escaping this truth anymore, no more hiding behind “oh, Isaiah was obviously written AFTER Jesus!! So now you mockery employ a new method…concentrate on mocking something else in Isaiah…yet no honour what so ever in ADMITTING “gee, Isaiah WAS written centuries before Christ after all”…just pick a new diversion huh?
    No honour, no honour whatsoever…credit where credit is due they say…you will never get such honour from non believers like you who love to mock for mocking a sake alone.

Fail #6 and good day sir.

Devolution
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 07 2012,06:31)

Hi Devo,

You said:

Tim

Wow, you saved me so much time! Thanks.

Ed and Devolution insist on creating their own version of God they hate what it says about God in the Bible. They have to try to manipulate the words to make them more appealing.

They refuse to understand that within the same book and chapters that say do not kill it goes on to tell you several situations in which you should kill so therefore thou shall not kill mustbe a generic statement such as you shouldn't just kill for the sake of killing itself.

I hate this dishonesty God has ordered entire anihilation of a group of people and it doesn't say because they were so extremely perverted it was simply because they got in the way and like you said he ordered them to KILL EVERYONE except the virgin girls and when Saul tried to show compassion to the King of those slaughtered leaving the king alive theProphet said God was angry because of it and then proceeded to decapitate the King so in other words God was very clear that killing ALL meant ALL.

The fact is I do believe in God as it is written and the clear point is God can do whatever HE wants regardless of what a person thinks about it ask Job ask Jonah

Bod, are you for real??

Are you lying again?

Do you want me to embarrass you now or later?

Tell you what, get your head out of the Koran and look at the bible of which the Koran is a badly made imitator and you WILL find God EXPLAINING why Israel was to SLAY these perverted communities.

God Explained that these nations sacrificed their children to false gods, a son would go in and sleep with his fathers wives, perversion was continually in their hearts, they were brought up on a diet of hate and pride and revenge…sound familiar to YOU?

IF you haven't found the verses of which I speak by the time I eventually come back to this section of heaven net, I will gladly CORRECT YOU  by supplying the scriptures myself.
    And you claim yourself worthy to comment and form opinions concerning Gods written word yet you opine on things you yourself are only partially informed on?
    Does not only a fool answer before he hears a matter thoroughly?
    This is what YOU are doing in your haste to discredit the bible in the presence of the Koran.
    Your book can never achieve that I am afraid.
    So keep obeying the liar that commands you to lie in its name, I can answer any garbage you sprout on its behalf.
    Typical Muslim deceiver.
    I see through your dishonourable lies, I see through your Koreans lies and I see through you…enemy sleeper that you are.
    May God punish you accordingly.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Devo,
    It is obvious that you are reading some other book and not the bible.
    I apologize, I mistakenly thought that you were Christian.

Good day Sir,

Tim

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

Christians do wage war, they are not mindless patsies – as you seem to be assuming.

God bless
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account