JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,561 through 4,580 (of 25,612 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2012,18:49)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 02 2012,11:41)
    Nick,

The mistake I made was thinking you could have an intelligent, scripture-backed discussion.  But when scriptures are clearly against you, you pull an “Ed”.  You put your fingers in your ears and start posting nonsensical ad hominems.  :)

Hi MB,
    Yes it will take you a while.
    But I have great hope you will be free.

You work hard here

N

open your eyes ,it is you that should look for understanding ,who is short of understanding ,and who does not know the son of God

that God send from heaven to save us;

Jn 3:31 “The one who comes from above is above all

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Indeed the Son of God is appointed over all.
    Understanding should not be your final goal but to know him and the One Who sent him.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 02 2012,06:59)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 01 2012,16:16)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 01 2012,19:11)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 01 2012,13:06)
    nick,

do not explain.
    read first your opinion in john 1.1

kerwin,
    your words are useless. but if you can read your belief in john 1.1 then we can proceed

Jammin,

It is there to those that understands the language.

but that is not what the bible says. you have to read it in john 1.1 or else, that would be a fantasy

Jammin,

You have a situation where I have pointed out a definition for logos that makes it clearly evident that John 1:1 is teaching about the very word that comes out of the mouth of God and yet you fail to see it.  Don't you know it is written:

“man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD”

So settle down and ask God about it.

Note: Quote from Deuteronomy 8:3 in the NIV.

kerwin,

read your illusion in john 1.1
    no need for stories.

if you say that the word in john 1.1
    is the teaching about the very word that comes out of the mouth of God then read it.

i dont like story teller.

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2012,11:54)
    Hi T,
    Indeed the Son of God is appointed over all.
    Understanding should not be your final goal but to know him and the One Who sent him.

how about you nick? do you understand what you are saying?
    you cant even read your illusion in john 1.1

i noticed that most of the replies here came from the dreamer group.

i cant read their opinion in john 1.1
    they are a good story teller . that's all that they can do, story telling.

jammin
    Participant

therefore, it is very clear that the WORD is christ. he was present originally with GOD. they have the same nature!
    he became flesh and dwelt among us.
    he is truly GOD!

και ομολογουμενως μεγα εστιν το της ευσεβειας μυστηριον θεος εφανερωθη εν σαρκι εδικαιωθη εν πνευματι ωφθη αγγελοις εκηρυχθη εν εθνεσιν επιστευθη εν κοσμω ανεληφθη εν δοξη!

barley
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 02 2012,20:18)
    therefore, it is very clear that the WORD is christ. he was present originally with GOD. they have the same nature!
    he became flesh and dwelt among us.
    he is truly GOD!

και ομολογουμενως μεγα εστιν το της ευσεβειας μυστηριον θεος εφανερωθη εν σαρκι εδικαιωθη εν πνευματι ωφθη αγγελοις εκηρυχθη εν εθνεσιν επιστευθη εν κοσμω ανεληφθη εν δοξη!

Don't forget you have a divine nature also.

II Peter 1:3-4

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
    4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Having a divine nature does not make anyone God. It simply brings us closer to God and enables us to do spiritual works.

barley

jammin
    Participant

barley,

i cant read in 2 pet 1.3-4 that i have a divine nature.
    have you taken your vitamins? it seems that you have not eaten yet.

it says there that “BY THESE YOU MIGHT BE PARTAKERS OF THE DIVINE NATURE!

whose nature is that?

that is GOD'S NATURE!

2 Peter 1:3-4

New Century Version (NCV)
    God Has Given Us Blessings
    3 Jesus has the power of God, by which he has given us everything we need to live and to serve God. We have these things because we know him. Jesus called us by his glory and goodness. 4 Through these he gave us the very great and precious promises. With these gifts you can share in God's nature, and the world will not ruin you with its evil desires.

better luck next time barley

barley
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 03 2012,00:01)
    barley,

i cant read in 2 pet 1.3-4 that i have a divine nature.
    have you taken your vitamins? it seems that you have not eaten yet.

it says there that “BY THESE YOU MIGHT BE PARTAKERS OF THE DIVINE NATURE!

whose nature is that?

that is GOD'S NATURE!

3 Jesus has the power of God, by which he has given us everything we need to live and to serve God. We have these things because we know him. Jesus called us by his glory and goodness. 4 Through these he gave us the very great and precious promises. With these gifts you can share in God's nature, and the world will not ruin you with its evil desires.

What does partaker mean?

It means shares in.  Fully shares in.

We share fully in the divine nature

It is ours.  It is ours to utilize and live.

Looks you need reading glasses.

Or you need to pay attention.

We partake in God's nature!

We are to live a godly life.

How can we do that unless we have the ability to do so?

God enabled us to do so by making us partakers in his divine nature.

And we do what scriptures teach us to do so as to implement that divine nature.

To the unbeliever, God is far, far away.

To the believer God resides in our lives.

Read what you posted,  it says what I said.

Learn to believe what is written.

It can be difficult at times, but it is available.

barley

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    You know so little but sit in judgement?
    Can you not read Jn1.1 yet?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 02 2012,15:04)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 02 2012,06:59)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 01 2012,16:16)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 01 2012,19:11)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 01 2012,13:06)
    nick,

do not explain.
    read first your opinion in john 1.1

kerwin,
    your words are useless. but if you can read your belief in john 1.1 then we can proceed

Jammin,

It is there to those that understands the language.

but that is not what the bible says. you have to read it in john 1.1 or else, that would be a fantasy

Jammin,

You have a situation where I have pointed out a definition for logos that makes it clearly evident that John 1:1 is teaching about the very word that comes out of the mouth of God and yet you fail to see it.  Don't you know it is written:

“man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD”

So settle down and ask God about it.

Note: Quote from Deuteronomy 8:3 in the NIV.

kerwin,

read your illusion in john 1.1
    no need for stories.

if you say that the word in john 1.1
    is the  teaching about the very word that comes out of the mouth of God then read it.

i dont like story teller.

Jammin,

As I stated I am a student and this conversation is not helping me in my studies beyond testing my heart. May your eyes come open to the truth that is in Christ Jesus.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 01 2012,21:18)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 01 2012,18:43)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 01 2012,17:08)
    you are just making excuses nick

do not make people fool.
    read your opinion in john 1.1!

you said the WORD is the spirit of Christ. but i can not see that in john 1.1

when will you publish your own version nick?

Hi Jammin,

Where do YOU read Jesus is(?) “The Word” in John 1:1? ???

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

i said christ! not JESUS.
    when christ became flesh, he was given a name JESUS.

so you want me to read in john 1.1 that it refers to christ.
    here is the verse
    John 1:1-2

Amplified Bible (AMP)
    John 1
    1IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.

2He was present originally with God.

believe it or not

Hi Jammin,

What's in (parentheses) are added words, do you consider mans added words to be equal to Scripture?

Do you consider mans added words to be Scripture?    <– Please answer

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Nick,

The mistake I made was thinking you could have an intelligent, scripture-backed discussion.  But when scriptures are clearly against you, you pull an “Ed”.  You put your fingers in your ears and start posting nonsensical ad hominems.  :)

Hi Mike,

Where have I ever done that?    …produce the goods or admit you were wrong.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 02 2012,07:01)

barley has made his point, jammin. The point was that us partaking in God's nature doesn't make us God Himself anymore than it makes Jesus God Himself.

But, while we're on that subject, I don't suppose anyone doubts that the teaching is that we, who currently do NOT have God's nature, can someday partake in that nature.

And since that is the case, consider this scripture:

Hebrews 2:14 NASB ©
    Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,

Now, if we currently EXIST without God's nature, but can someday partake in it, then why is it so hard to understand that Jesus once existed without human nature, but then partook in it?

Hebrews 2:17 NASB ©
    Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

If it was a matter of Jesus just being born as a human being, then he already WAS like his brethren. If that was the case, it wouldn't be said that he had to BE MADE like his brethren.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 02 2012,14:36)

Nick,

Hi Mike,

Where have I ever done that?    …produce the goods or admit you were wrong.

Ed, one needs only read your current discussion with David in the “Holy Spirit is God” thread to see much proof of what I've claimed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Indeed the WORD did.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

Hebrews 2:9 and 11 tell us exactly to whom the words refer. (Notice that it doesn't say “Jesus CHRIST”, but only “Jesus”)

That is the one who partook in humanity. That is the one who was made like his brethren.

That is what Hebrews 2 teaches us, Nick. Yet, for some reason, you want to teach us your imagination instead. ???

Proclaimer
    Participant

Good point mike.

It does say Jesus, so how can anyone condemn when people say Jesus in such contexts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    While scripture usually specifies Jesus Christ it does not have to.
    Why spoonfeed those who know the Lord?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Luke 2
    42 When he was twelve years old, they went up to the Feast, according to the custom. 43 After the Feast was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it.

Is the “Christ” also implied here, Nick? Or only in the scriptures where it will support your man-made doctrine?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 03 2012,02:46)

Quote (jammin @ Mar. 02 2012,07:01)

barley has made his point, jammin.  The point was that us partaking in God's nature doesn't make us God Himself anymore than it makes Jesus God Himself.

But, while we're on that subject, I don't suppose anyone doubts that the teaching is that we, who currently do NOT have God's nature, can someday partake in that nature.

And since that is the case, consider this scripture:

Hebrews 2:14 NASB ©
    Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,

Now, if we currently EXIST without God's nature, but can someday partake in it, then why is it so hard to understand that Jesus once existed without human nature, but then partook in it?

Hebrews 2:17 NASB ©
    Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

If it was a matter of Jesus just being born as a human being, then he already WAS like his brethren.  If that was the case, it wouldn't be said that he had to BE MADE like his brethren.

Mike,

Being a human being I have both partaken of flesh and blood and been made like my brothers in all ways.

We participate in God's divine nature by living by his Spirit. Jesus has continuously lived by God's Spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,561 through 4,580 (of 25,612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account