Jesus or muhammad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 385 total)
  • Author
    Miia
    Participant

Bd, replying to your first response:
    If you know who I am, I follow the Gospels, Peter, John and James more than I ever did Paul. Not that I don’t read and quote some of Paul’s epistles, but it is about priority. If something contradicts the Gospels then go with the gospels rendition/account to avoid confusion. It’s Jesus’ words that can save.

Those who understand will understand

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Do you find joy in attempting to deny the truth of God?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Very honest answer Mila

Nick why is it only when you research or attempt to prove a point you tend to attack the person and not the argument itself, obviously I am talking about the truth of God, do you consider the truth of God to hinge on errors made by men? I have clearly shown you that Paul was completely incorrect simply because he did not know or he wrote in error and you say I am denying something? What am I denying? If I am incorrect show me where, just like terraricca took the time to try to do and although he was shown to be incorrect at least he went and put forth effort

terraricca
    Participant

bd

So once again there is this issue with 1 Corinthians 15:4 it appears Paul did not know that Judas had died before the “Crucifixion” I don’t believe Paul ever mentions Judas, does he?

sorry ,but I disagree with you for Paul did not even became a Christian but very later so you understanding does not hold and so what Paul said in 1Cor15;5 is correct and true ,

Also Jesus was never BURIED, was he?

you playing with words ;the fact that you are dead and put away we can honestly say that you have been buried /even if you were incinerated,put in a family sepulture,or dig and put in a hole and backfilled ,

I can see why you do this ,but you are wrong again

terraricca
    Participant

BD

Nick why is it only when you research or attempt to prove a point you tend to attack the person and not the argument itself, obviously I am talking about the truth of God, do you consider the truth of God to hinge on errors made by men? I have clearly shown you that Paul was completely incorrect simply because he did not know or he wrote in error and you say I am denying something? What am I denying? If I am incorrect show me where, just like terraricca took the time to try to do and although he was shown to be incorrect at least he went and put forth effort

I have shown you that Paul was totally truthful ,you got your timeline wrong

Miia
    Participant

do you consider the truth of God to hinge on errors made by men? I have clearly shown you that Paul was completely incorrect simply because he did not know or he wrote in error and you say I am denying something? What am I denying?

Point Bd. But Paul aside that’s not to say that Jesus wasn’t crucified, because He was. We have other accounts.

terraricca
    Participant

bd

I have clearly shown you that Paul was completely incorrect simply because he did not know or he wrote in error and you say I am denying something? What am I denying? If I am incorrect show me where, just like terraricca took the time to try to do and although he was shown to be incorrect at least he went and put forth effort

you use my name and place yourself in high esteem with a lie ,so please correct that statement ,for what you say about Paul is a lie

bodhitharta
    Participant

terraricca

What I am saying about Paul is 100% accurate and I showed you the verse to prove that you were being inaccurate because the disciples voted to replace Judas after the ascension of Jesus, that is what is clearly written in Acts is it not? if it is that proves the point i made about 1 Corinthians 15:4-5

You see this is my problem with these letters such as Hebrews for it says: Hebrews 2:14New International Version (NIV)

14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— The Devil has/had the Power of death? but that cannot be true:  Deuteronomy 32:39  See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.

These are serious opposing views, being a Muslim and reading the Qur’an every thing is always made clear because if I believe Hebrew 2:14 it does not agree with Deuteronomy 32:39 how do you harmonize the two

I am always open to honest debate but many of you hear are so afraid to see clearly if you would have proved I said something wrong I would be happy to learn whatever is correct not shun it and the person explaining to me

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi Miia

You do have several accounts of the crucifixion and it was believed to have happen because they did plan to crucify Jesus but God saved him so to them it appeared that Jesus was crucified but he was not killed or crucified and in the Gospels you can clearly see that the entire story is quite unclear but the bible says about this: Psalm 91:8
    You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.

The Quran says clearly:

(1) That they said (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah”;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #157)

terraricca
    Participant

bd

your first question about the 12 apostles ;
    and,
    “ ‘May another take his place of leadership.’
    Ac 1:21 Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
    Ac 1:22 beginning from John’s baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.”
    Ac 1:23 So they proposed two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias.

so they chose two that were with them all away from the beginning so the replacement of judas was always present even if he was not named as such

I will get back on the other question later

bodhitharta
    Participant

So you are saying that as soon as Judas was gone these other two would automatically be referred to? If that is the case then it would be 13, this new evidence you have shown solidifies my point even more because they hadn’t decided which of the 2 would complete the 12 meaning until they decided there would be either the lack of both(11) or the addition of both(13)

terraricca
    Participant

Bd

So you are saying that as soon as Judas was gone these other two would automatically be referred to? If that is the case then it would be 13, this new evidence you have shown solidifies my point even more because they hadn’t decided which of the 2 would complete the 12 meaning until they decided there would be either the lack of both(11) or the addition of both(13)

NO,that is not it ; what i say is that the twelfth apostles was already there among them they eleven at all times after Judas was gone , it does not matter the choice that was chosen only one could be elected ;but I do believe that it was Paul that was the one that Jesus chose to be the 12th but this is only my opinion .

terraricca
    Participant

BD

These are serious opposing views, being a Muslim and reading the Qur’an every thing is always made clear because if I believe Hebrew 2:14 it does not agree with Deuteronomy 32:39 how do you harmonize the two

Dt 32:39 “See now that I myself am He!
    There is no god besides me.
    I put to death and I bring to life,
    I have wounded and I will heal,
    and no one can deliver out of my hand.

Heb 2:13 And again,
    “I will put my trust in him.”

And again he says,
    “Here am I, and the children God has given me.”
    Heb 2:14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil

well I cannot see the problem in those scriptures at all ;

Jn 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

it is all God almighty that does it all for he his the top power ;if he uses others to be part of HIS PROCESS that does not change anything at all right ? NO

Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD,

When you agree with us that Jesus is the Messiah, what does that mean to you?
    In more term: when you say ”Jesus is the Messiah” what do YOU believe this means?

B’shem
    YHVH

bodhitharta
    Participant

Heb 2:14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil

This does not harmonize with the fact that ONLY GOD has power over Life and Death as it clearly says in Deuteronomy 32:39
    Secondly it says his death destroyed the Devil….can you explain since the devil is still very active

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi ED

Jesus is the Messiah sent to the children of Israel but was rejected, all those who do not reject him but instead embrace him will not perish but have eternal life…to embrace Christ however means to believe he was sent FROM God to verify the TRUTH of GOD as in Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,

Notice being crucified or sacrificed is not a part of his mission description which is why before the crucifixion event he CLEARLY STATES:

John 17:2-4New International Version (NIV)

2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.

Since he proclaimed the finishing of his work there why is it hard to believe that there was nothing else that needed to be done…was he wrong?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD,

“Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify
    thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should
    give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.” (John 17:1-2)

Is this what you are suggesting “Messiah” means?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Messiah means annointed one, what are you getting at? What additional meanings are you putting on it?

terraricca
    Participant

BD

This does not harmonize with the fact that ONLY GOD has power over Life and Death as it clearly says in Deuteronomy 32:39
    Secondly it says his death destroyed the Devil….can you explain since the devil is still very active

you going have to read more than Heb 2;14 to understand what paul says ,

and what ever Paul says he does not by any mean is in opposition of the scripture in Deut;32;39 ,

so do your search in scriptures and see for yourself the truth

Ed J
    Participant

Messiah means annointed one, what are you getting at? What additional meanings are you putting on it?

Hi BD,

“Messiah” means God’s anointed LEADER, it means
    more that just being smeared with oil; do you agree?

B’shem
    YHVH

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 385 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account