Fear of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 522 total)
  • Author
    davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 20 2010,01:09)
    DBF……….My bible says FEAR not (timidity) as you say, You CANT JUST REPLACE WORDS TO FIT YOU IDEOLOGIES.

peace and love……………………..gene

Hi Gene,

I just cut and pasted: (NASB)

2Ti 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

Hopefully, my theology comes from the Bible.

I read the Bible and I think, therefore, “I AM”.

The Professor

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 20 2010,04:43)

DBF……….My bible says FEAR not (timidity) as you say, You CANT JUST REPLACE WORDS TO FIT YOU IDEOLOGIES.

Hi Gene,

2Ti 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

The Professor

Hi DBF,

I agree Gene!

Reading the NAS Book is 'not' enough! (Click Here)
    You should read: “The Word” of God! (Click Here)

Psalm 12:6-8 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them (in The AKJV Bible) from this generation for ever.
    The wicked walk on every side, when the (Bible re-writers) vilest men are exalted.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

To All,

“Kingdom of GOD”=120

Others have said in the Theomatic principal (also known as Gematria) when you take a number
    such as 3, its meaning (whatever it may be) becomes intensified, whether it is 33, 333, 3333 or
    30, 300, 3000; keep in mind this is what others studying Gematria have surmised.

[The truth=120] of the [Kingdom of GOD=120].

There were 120 gathered together on the Day of Pentecost in the upper room when they
    received the Holy Spirit. (Acts 1:15) This new [“little flock” [of] GOD=151] spoke
    [the truth=120] of the [Kingdom of GOD=120] to all the people, and the word of GOD
    was heard by the “great crowd” (approx. 5,000) in their own languages.

There is great fractal consistency how we hear the word of God in our language, English
    (Based on an average of 120 translators); the same amount as the 120 Christians followers
    preaching [the truth=120] of the [Kingdom of GOD=120] on the Day of Pentecost.

The AKJV translation of the Bible was transcribed using the Greek Septuagint Bible
    as well as the Hebrew Scriptures called the Masoretic Texts. Septuagint in Greek means
    seventy, as there were seventy Greek translators who commonly worked on the first Greek Bible. In addition,
    there were commonly fifty King James translators working on the AKJV Bible. Thus the total
    average amount of translators (70+50=120) bringing the good news to us matches
    the 120 gathered together in the upper room on the day of Pentecost.

God bless
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 20 2010,11:43)

Hi Gene,

The Professor

davidbfun

you are right;2Ti 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
    2Ti 1:8 So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God,(NIV)

the reason that the others are still in fear ,mean they have not yet come to the power of the spirit ,
    they have stayed away of the truth ,they still dealing in words.

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 24 2010,01:22)

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 20 2010,04:43)

Hi Gene,

The Professor

Hi DBF,

I agree Gene!

Reading the NAS Book is 'not' enough! (Click Here)
    You should read: “The Word” of God! (Click Here)

Psalm 12:6-8 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them (in The AKJV Bible) from this generation for ever.
    The wicked walk on every side, when the (Bible re-writers) vilest men are exalted.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)

EDJ………..You just brought something to mind. The word of God is Purified SEVEN Times. There are SEVEN Spirits (Intellects) of GOD, this could be saying , GOD runs or filters his Words through His Seven Spirits (Intellects) before He speaks them. In this way they become very accurate when spoken. Very interesting thought brother.

peace and love…………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all………..Why would GOD out of one side of His mouth say fear Him and out of the other say Love Him and One another, and then Say “Perfect love (CASTS OUT) FEAR”. Then say “You have not recieved the SPIRIT of FEAR, but of Love and power and of a sound mind”. The word Fear is mistranslated and should be rendered as (REVERE AND RESPECT) in most cases. While Fear can bring about respect for something it can never perfect anything. i believe there is a balance that must be applied here, because fear can also create Phobias of all types and cause mental disorders also. Does God the Father want us to walk on pins and needles around him or does he want us to go boldly before the throne of Grace to find Help in our time of need, as we are told to do. When it comes to knowing what the Father can do that can be fearful thing, but knowing his grace and love relieves those fears, as the song about Grace says. By grace you have taught my heart to fear , and by Grace thy fears relieved. I guess it depends where you are at in you walk with GOD. IMO

peace and love…………………Gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 26 2010,07:50)
    To all………..Why would GOD out of one side of His mouth say fear Him and out of the other say Love Him and One another, and then Say “Perfect love (CASTS OUT) FEAR”. Then say “You have not recieved the SPIRIT of FEAR, but of Love and power and of a sound mind”. The word Fear is mistranslated and should be rendered as (REVERE AND RESPECT) in most cases. While Fear can bring about respect for something it can never perfect anything. i believe there is a balance that must be applied here, because fear can also create Phobias of all types and cause mental disorders also. Does God the Father want us to walk on pins and needles around him or does he want us to go boldly before the throne of Grace to find Help in our time of need, as we are told to do. When it comes to knowing what the Father can do that can be fearful thing, but knowing his grace and love relieves those fears, as the song about Grace says. By grace you have taught my heart to fear , and by Grace thy fears relieved. I guess it depends where you are at in you walk with GOD. IMO

hi gene

God never changes,it is humans who miss interpret his words,apply them in a wrong way,refuse to sumitt to wisdom,
    and our ego is the first to stop us to understand,in this way it seems that there is something always in the way between God and men ,so unless we get rid of it and understand or keep that obstruction and never understand the full truth of God.

Pierre

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 26 2010,08:50)

Gene,

IMO you are right. There needs to be a balance of how we “fear/respect” God.

I don't believe that there are any contradictions, just different ways and different times to apply this “fear”.

The Professor

terraricca
    Participant

all

we will go from fear to loving God and so become his child

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    What do you mean?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2012,14:19)
    Hi T,
    What do you mean?

N

the beginning of wisdom is THE FEAR OF GOD,this means to understand that he exist and that he is powerful ,but he also teach us wisdom in a deeper way by letting us to search him with in his own written word and so find out what he has done for us and what he plans for us who obey him ,he show us his LOVE by given us a way out of our sinful nature,useless action and behavior that can not save us from dead but drive us to dead,so as we learn of him and his action on some of us we can now have a better understanding of our God but lately wen he send out his only son he made us know his father to us ,but if God ad to become our father we should show to him that we want to be his child and as a child love s his father and obeys him so it is with our heavenly father that only his son made him known to us,

we are all invited to his GRACE but who are the ones that accept it ???? very few indeed .

so there are very few children of God now,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Yes the fear of God should always be before our eyes.
    Yes we can learn about God by reading the bible.
    Yes we can grow in understanding about sin.
    Yes the gospel of salvation is written too.

BUT KNOWLEDGE SAVES NOBODY
    IT JUST GIVES US NO EXCUSE FOR NOT OBEYING

we must be born again

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2012,16:25)
    Hi T,

we must be born again

N

were is your supporting scripture that says ;to be born again,???

and remember it takes two witness so two scriptures ???

1) ?
    2) ?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 06 2012,10:42)

Hi T,

we must be born again

N

1) ?
    2) ?

Hi Pierre,

“At the mouth of three witnesses,
    shall the matter be established.” (Deut 19:15)

(1) “Ye must be born again.” (John 3:7)

(2) “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by
    The Word(Ho Logos) of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” (1Pt.1:23)
    (3) “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 06 2012,11:09)

Quote (terraricca @ April 06 2012,10:42)

Hi T,

we must be born again

N

1) ?
    2) ?

Hi Pierre,

“At the mouth of three witnesses,
    shall the matter be established.” (Deut 19:15)

(1) “Ye must be born again.” (John 3:7)

(2) “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by
    The Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” (1Pt.1:23)
    (3) “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Rom.4:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink;
    but righteousness, and peace, and joy
    in the HolySpirit.

“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be
    that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.” (Rom.8:16-17)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Our God is a consuming fire.
    Know that nobody deserves the mercy of salvation.

Do not ignore the warnings

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Amen to that brother, for we have all sinned and came short of the glory of God It is by “GRACE” of GOD we are being saved, through the effectual working of his Spirit in us, until we ALL come to the measure and full stature of Christ.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………………………………gene

Wakeup
    Participant

If the HS is in all of us; then why do we need to go through the tribulation??
    Scriptures need to be understood,not just read.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Who is this HS?
    Do you have no respect?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Many claim to have the Holy Spirit but they are not correct

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 522 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account