Eph. 5:4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (Richtuner @ Nov. 27 2012,11:14)
    942767, When you state that there is one Lord, which is Jesus is right, but then you switch back to us with one faith and one baptism.

It is written in Acts that “there is no other name, (Jesus) under heaven given among men where by we must be saved”.
    It is written that He is the Way, Life, and the Door etc.

It would be accurate to say it is “Only” rather than “One” when we use our faith. We can have faith in many peoples and many movements etc., but it would only be effective to us for salvation as the “only” faith in Jesus rather than in someone else.

It was not our faith that brought salvation to us without the faith of Jesus who believed God for the salvation for us.

I will say again, if Jesus did not have faith, then our faith would be in vain.

In 2Cor. Paul said that if Jesus did not rise from the dead, our faith would be in vain, (2Cor. 15:12-19)

That is why His faith is the “One faith”

Hi Rich:

Of course,

1Cr 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1Cr 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then [is] our preaching vain, and your faith [is] also vain.

1Cr 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

1Cr 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

1Cr 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith [is] vain; ye are yet in your sins.

But the one faith to which Ephesians 5:4 refers is that we believe in him:

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, [even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom 10:14 ¶ How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Richtuner
    Participant

To all,
    I must say again to all,
    if it was not for the faith of Jesus, we would not have salvation. Our faith in Jesus, if He did not act out His faith would be in vain.

How can anyone say the “one faith” is our faith if our faith without His faith is worthless?

MANKIND'S FAITH IN THE OLD TESTAMENT DID NOTHING TO SAVE THEM, ONLY THEY HAVE FAITH IN THE BLOOD OF BULLS GOATS AND SHEEP TO COVER THEIR SINS FOR ANOTHER YEAR, BUT ONCE FOR ALL, IN THE SHED BLOOD OF CHRIST, (BY HIS FAITH) WE ARE ETERNALLY SAVED.

People all over the world say they have faith is someone, but their faith is in vain because it will not do what Jesus faith did to make it possible for salvation for all mankind.

If your faith is the “one faith” then mine is worthless because yours would be the “one”. If mine was then yours would be worthless because mine is the “one”

barley
    Participant

Quote (Richtuner @ Nov. 16 2012,10:47)
    Just before I ask this question I would like to say that having scoured through this forum I am amassed at the answers to a lot of question and debates.
    If I used the logic that some use, I could remind people that Judas sinned when  he sold Jesus out and he went out and hanged himself, then go to the scripture where Jesus said “go and do ye likewise”.

That would eliminate all of us. If you think that is stupidity  gone to seed you would be right.

So lets think about this scripture before you answer.

Eph_4:5  One Lord, one faith, one baptism

No question yet.

barley
    Participant

Quote (Richtuner @ Nov. 19 2012,06:09)
    I am surprised to find no one is willing to talk abut this scripture.
    One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism.
    Are they connected?
    This will identify who and what you believe about Jesus.
    And usually identify your denomination.

One Lord, one faith, one baptism, are they connected?

Yes, of course they are connected.

It is God's word, scripture, of which God is the only author.

Any other questions?

barley
    Participant

Quote (Richtuner @ Nov. 20 2012,02:24)
    My desire is to know what others believe about this scripture
    One Lord? Who?
    One Faith? Whose?
    One Baptism? Only one. The bible in Heb. states that there is a “doctrine of baptisms”, so which one?

One Lord is the one LORD GOD, but since His son is lord because God made him both lord and anointed, it is also reference to Jesus Christ as the son of God. Acts 2:36

Contradiction? No, not really God is above all including Jesus Christ, after all Jesus Christ is seated at the right hand of God, at the right hand of the throne of God, not in God's throne.

Jesus Christ is the way to the Father, thus, the lord Jesus the anointed is necessary to include One Lord.

One Lord God, one lord Jesus the anointed.

One faith? Faith/pistis can be either believing or that which God imparts to us as the measure of faith. Romans 12:3

We all have that same measure of faith which God imparted to us, no one was given more, no one was given less. The apostle Paul did not receive more than anyone else. What we do with this measure of faith is our decision. Paul used it well.

One baptism?

We are baptized in the name of the lord Jesus, the anointed one.

Acts 2:38

It does not include water and it is not the baptism of the holy spirit.

It does include the gift of the holy spirit from the Holy Spirit/God, but it is bigger than that. It includes all that Jesus Christ accomplished for us.

It includes not only holy spirit but incorruptible seed, the gift of eternal life, the gift of righteousness, the gift of salvation, our completeness in Christ and so on.

It is far bigger and greater than just holy spirit. It is everything that God had Jesus Christ earn for us.

barley

Richtuner
    Participant

barley, What church do you go to or are you affiliated with any?

Marlin1
    Participant

Hi all,

The LORD is God in Flesh, The Faith is God's Faith in US, The Baptism is God's Holy Spirit in US.

The Lord Jesus Christ is our LORD.
    ===========================================================================

This Faith only comes by the TRUE WORD of GOD.  This is the Faith that can move a mountain, heal the sick, cast out devils, save a soul.
    ===========================================================================

This Baptism only comes to those that continue in the faith, until God seals them in.
    It DOES NOT come WHEN you believe as some suppose, it comes SINCE you believed. Acts 19:2

Peter gave the prescription in Acts 2:38, yet how many will follow.

Many are called few are chosen.

God Bless
    bro. Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Eph 4
    I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

The verse must be seen in the context and the context is unity in the body of Christ.

The Lord of the Body is the head, Jesus Christ.
    The unity of faith is the shared bible based doctrine
    The Spirit has already been mentioned so the baptism is of water

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Of course the unifying baptism is that of Acts- in the name of Jesus Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    1 Timothy 4:1
    Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account