Does God Rule From The Throne Of David?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Does God Almighty rule forever from the throne of God’s SERVANT David?

Because it is clear that Jesus DOES:

Isaiah 9:7
    He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom….. from that time on and forever.

Luke 1:32-33
    The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever.”

So, the UNDENIABLE SCRIPTURAL FACT is that unless God Almighty is the one who will forever reign from the throne of God’s SERVANT David ……… then Jesus clearly ISN’T God Almighty.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

This should put the claim that Jesus is God Almighty to rest – once and for all.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

No comments from anyone? I was hoping Kathi would give her insight as to why “God Almighty the Son” will spend eternity ruling from the throne of David, the servant of God.

tigger
    Participant

Excellent point, Mike.

Have you ever heard an intelligent answer to the question of how Jesus can be equally God when he specifically said the Father is the only true God? – John 17:1, 3.

Wakeup
    Participant

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Luke 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Does not mean Davids physical throne,but David’s position as king of israel.
    David was the anointed king chosen by God.
    Jesus will be the king of kings of israel,His chosen jews brought back;the remnants of israel.
    This is when the lion will eat straw.The resurrected saints will rule as kings with Christ.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked
    tigger wrote:

Excellent point, Mike.

Have you ever heard an intelligent answer to the question of how Jesus can be equally God when he specifically said the Father is the only true God? – John 17:1, 3.

Hi tigger,

I haven’t even heard an “intelligent” reason for ANYTHING having to do with the Trinity Doctrine – or from those who insist that Jesus IS the very Most High God that he is the Son, Servant, Lamb, Messiah, Prophet, Word, and Priest OF…….. let alone an intelligent reply to the MANY scriptures that make their claim an impossibility.

Wakeup
    Participant

Mike please answer.

Is the word of a mighty king not as powerfull as the king himself?

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked
    Wakeup wrote:

Does not mean David’s physical throne, but David’s position as king of Israel.

Okay……… but how does that answer the question of the thread? The point is that Jesus doesn’t rule forever from the “throne of God” – but on the right hand of God, from the throne of God’s SERVANT David.

Doesn’t that prove that Jesus is not God Almighty?

(Btw, I see you responded in the other thread with a similar title. I tried to start this thread in the “blog” part of the site, but it wouldn’t let me because of some “Keyword” issue. So then I made the thread in the “forum” part of the site instead. How we ended up with TWO different threads on the “forum” part of the site is beyond me. So I will get rid of that duplicate thread, and address your point here.)

You asked me to explain Matthew 22:41-46. Jesus was pointing out that the Messiah was BEFORE David, and could therefore not LITERALLY be a son of David.

mikeboll64
    Blocked
    Wakeup wrote:

Is the word of a mighty king not as powerful as the king himself?

Please explain further. If a king says, “We are going to invade that nation”, do the LITERAL words he just said go out an invade a nation? On the other hand, if a king is able to cause his LITERAL word to become a separate, living entity, who is it that actually gives power TO that word?

Wakeup, you make a confusion of metaphorical and literal language to support your theory that God caused a LITERAL word from His mouth to become a separate, living entity…….. who is neither “God Himself”, nor someone “OTHER THAN God”. But you can’t have it both ways.

Take the phrase, “A man is only as good as his word.” It is a metaphorical statement, meaning that a man who DOES what he says is a worthy man, and one who promises something but DOESN’T deliver on that promise is an unworthy man. But if you try to take that METAPHORICAL idiom LITERALLY, you end up with nonsense. For example, if God is “only as good as” the literal word that He caused to be an individual, living being – then the one who caused that being to come into existence cannot be BETTER than the being He CREATED.

How about the phrase, “He gave me his word.” Again, if you take that METAPHORICAL statement LITERALLY, and apply it to your understanding of God and His Word, you end up with God causing one of His literal words to become a living, breathing entity, and then GIVING that entity to someone else.

You make a mess of things by purposely twisting metaphorical things into literal things. But like I told you before, even IF your claim was correct, it would be a matter of God causing one of His words to become a living entity that didn’t exist before that time. And in that case, God CREATED a living entity where there wasn’t one before.

Wakeup
    Participant

Mikeb.

A king is as powerful as his word in his kingdom.
    God’s Word is as powerful in His kingdom.And all belongs to Him.

You keep on saying that the Word must be a seperate being.
    1.Is the dove also seperate from the Holy spirit?
    2.Is the tree of life also seperate from the Word of God?
    3.Is the kings word seperate from the king himself?

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Wakeup,

God rules from the throne of God. Do you agree?

The Word of God (aka Jesus) rules from the throne of David. Do you agree?

God Himself does not rule from TWO completely different thrones, Wakeup. So is that enough proof that the Word OF God is a different entity than God Himself?

How about the fact that the Word of God clearly said that his Father and God was GREATER THAN HE WAS? Does that answer your earlier question about a king’s word being “as mighty” as the king himself?

Your questions and points are nonsense to any rational person, Wakeup.
    1. There wasn’t a dove AND the Holy Spirit. Instead, the Holy Spirit LOOKED LIKE a dove when it rested on Jesus.
    2. The tree of life is not the Word of God. Jesus is not a tree.
    3. Yes, the king’s word is a separate thing from the king himself…….. hence the apostrophe-s at the end of the word king. The apostrophe-s, or the word “of”, signify POSSESSION, Wakeup. Those things tell us that the thing in question BELONGS TO the person in question……… not that those things ARE the person in question.

Wakeup
    Participant

Mike B.

Your questions and points are nonsense to any rational person, Wakeup.
    1. There wasn’t a dove AND the Holy Spirit. Instead, the Holy Spirit LOOKED LIKE a dove when it rested on Jesus.
    2. The tree of life is not the Word of God. Jesus is not a tree.
    3. Yes, the king’s word is a separate thing from the king himself…….. hence the apostrophe-s at the end of the word king. The apostrophe-s, or the word “of”, signify POSSESSION, Wakeup. Those things tell us that the thing in question BELONGS TO the person in question……… not that those things ARE the person in question.

1.If God can make the Holy spirit come as a dove.He also can give His Word a form.
    2.If the tree of life is not the Word of God,then there must be another that can give life.
    3.As I have said; God’s Word is in His possession. The Word OF OF OF God.

One more, scripture says; and the rock also was Christ.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Is God “greater than” His Word, like His Word himself clearly told us? Or are they “equally mighty”, like YOU have told us?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,

Ps 2″The kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord and against His anointed..”

The Christ is one with God forever.

Do not divide whatGod has joined together.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account