Does 1 Peter 2 imply that Jesus is God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 385 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Kerwin,
    you asked:

What passages are you using to conclude God has always been a Father?

One of the Son’s name’s is Jehovah of hosts-the topic of this thread. Jehovah means always existent.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

The Lord of Hosts is the father.

You are confused

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

God with God?

We have one God, the father.

Babylonian religion confuses you

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Whatever is OF GOD

is NOT GOD

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Scripture tells us God was in Christ.

God in God??

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan
    you said:

The Lord of Hosts is the father.

Not in Isaiah
    Isaiah 8:12-15
    11 For Jehovah spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me not to walk in the way of this people, saying,
    12 Say ye not, A conspiracy, concerning all whereof this people shall say, A conspiracy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be in dread thereof .
    13 Jehovah of hosts, him shall ye sanctify; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.
    14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
    15 And many shall stumble thereon, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan
    you said:

We have one God, the father.

True, and He is with the person who is called theos in scripture, and this theos is who the Christians refer to as our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

The way to truth is not though weak theology

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan
    you said:

Whatever is OF GOD

is NOT GOD

The true eternal offspring is the same kind of being as His Father…and thus the Son is the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, the invisible God…The only begotten God has come to explain God, His Father.

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan
    Jesus says:
    Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan
    you said:

The way to truth is not though weak theology

True…you ought to study God’s Word. In it there is truth.

terraricca
    Participant

hi kathi

Of all the persons who are called theos in scripture, how many have dominion over all creation forever and ever?

only one the creator of all things GOD ALMIGHTY THE FATHER FOR he his THE GOD OF gods

Lightenup
    Participant

@terraricca
    So you don’t think that two persons have dominion over all creation for ever and ever?
    Rev 5:13
    And every created thing which is in the heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and on the sea, and all things are in them, heard I saying, Unto him that sitteth on the throne, and unto the Lamb, be the blessing, and the honor, and the glory, and the dominion, for ever and ever.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Yet you rely on possible IMPLICATIONS not what is written?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Why do you think Isaiah IMPLIES that someone other than the God of Israel is spoken of??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

I am not one with those who worship other gods.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

We worship one God the Father.

Not those who are WITH HIM.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

Jesus went to His God and our God. Jn 20.17

Who did he ascend to?

terraricca
    Participant

hi Kathy

So you don’t think that two persons have dominion over all creation for ever and ever?
    Rev 5:13
    And every created thing which is in the heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and on the sea, and all things are in them, heard I saying, Unto him that sitteth on the throne, and unto the Lamb, be the blessing, and the honor, and the glory, and the dominion, for ever and ever.

Rev 5:13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing:
    “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
    be praise and honor and glory and power,

do fish sing praise ? do all animals sing praise ?do all birds in the sky sing praise ? and honor/glory and power ,

now their is only ONE THAT SITS ON THE THRONE DOES IT ? YES IT DOES NOT SAY THAT THE LAMB IS SITTING ON IT AS WELL RIGHT ? NO

what are you trying to show here ?

kerwin
    Participant

LU,

One of the Son’s name’s is Jehovah of hosts-the topic of this thread. Jehovah means always existent.

Technically from what I remember no one is really sure what Jehovah or what language it originated in means through there is several hypothesis.

Choosing to ignore that where in 1 Peter 2 do you find that the Jesus’ name is Jehovah Lord of hosts.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 385 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account