Does 1 Peter 2 imply that Jesus is God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 385 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

So the Son is not a son at all?

And there are two GODs?

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan

God the Son is the eternal offspring part of God the Father. Jesus is clearly called a theos in scripture, so is the Father. Being an eternal offspring ‘part’ of the Father would naturally make Him the same kind, hence two of the same eternal kind. In the position of ‘God’ to us there is the Father and the Son. They are eternal beings, one is the offspring part of the other. This really isn’t hard.

@t8

There are two eternal beings, one as the offspring part of the other. The one God, the Father, has within Him an offspring part who is like Him as in type of being and is given all things.

Let’s make this simple…a pregnant women takes up one chair. How many human beings are on the chair? Is it one or is it two?? Both would be correct depending on the perspective and purpose of the situation. Her offspring is a part of her yet a distinct being from her and also the same type of being as her. God made that design.

Thanks for your interest.

NickHassan
    Participant

hi LU,

God the Son?

Is this god in scripture?

Who is the God that was in Christ?

Was this god the Son of God or another god?

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan

Yes Nick, God the Son is in scripture:

John 1:18

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

For us there is one God and one lord..

Are you one of US

Proclaimer
    Participant

Clearly she cannot be us Nick if there is one God the Father and one Lord the Lord Jesus Christ for us.
    She is one of them, not us by our brother Paul’s definition.

Proclaimer
    Participant

LU, do you have any photos or other evidence since there is no scriptural support for your view?

I agree that the logos was part of God, but the logos that was with God did not lessen the logos in God.

Your view suggests that the logos in God is Jesus as an embryo, but wisdom was also an attribute of God that he begat before all. So was Jesus two embryos or is the the most obvious conclusion that the early Church fathers held, that the logos was and is an attribute of God, but from these God begat another to be with him.

Attributes are not separate or other persons. Person means ‘a son’. You have no proof that Jesus spent 9 months or eternal months in the womb of God. Where do you get this stuff.

Like I said, show us the proof, because scripture doesn’t talk in the way you do.

Lightenup
    Participant

@t8

@NickHassan

It seems clear that there is one theos in scripture who is God the Father and another theos in scripture who is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Nick and t8, please answer these two questions:

Do you believe that there is a theos in scripture that is God the Father? Do you believe that there is a theos in scripture that is the Lord Jesus Christ?

Lightenup
    Participant

@t8
    you said:

LU, do you have any photos or other evidence since there is no scriptural support for your view?

Do you not believe that Jesus is the literal son of God the Father? That is found throughout scripture. Wasn’t it you who was telling me that Jesus was/is the firstborn in a literal sense and now you say there is no evidence for my view that He is a literal son?

I agree that the logos was part of God, but the logos that was with God did not lessen the logos in God.

I am not sure what you mean when you say “lessen.” Do you think that birthing an offspring lessens the person who births the offspring? It doesn’t lessen them but instead, strengthens them. Have you not read that to be fruitful, you multiply, not subtract from or divide from and become less.

Your view suggests that the logos in God is Jesus as an embryo, but wisdom was also an attribute of God that he begat before all. So was Jesus two embryos or is the the most obvious conclusion that the early Church fathers held, that the logos was and is an attribute of God, but from these God begat another to be with him.

The term ‘logos’ and ‘wisdom’ are allegorical and refer to the literal son of God, as I understand it. Logos and wisdom (Prov. 8 and John 1) are not referring to attributes of God but to the eternal offspring of God who “communicates”(word) the mind (wisdom) of God to us.

John 1:18
    No one has ever seen God. The only one, himself God, who is in closest fellowship with the Father,
    has made God known.

Attributes are not separate or other persons. Person means ‘a son’. You have no proof that Jesus spent 9 months or eternal months in the womb of God. Where do you get this stuff.

Like I said, show us the proof, because scripture doesn’t talk in the way you do.

Here is proof of Jesus being an eternal life from the beginning:

1 John:
    1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. 2The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

t8, it seems that you are unclear about what that eternal life was, which was with the Father? If so, let me introduce you to the eternal offspring…the theos in scripture who is our Lord Jesus Christ…the eternal offspring part of the theos in scripture who is God the Father.

We can enjoy fellowship with the Father and the Son who are both eternal in every way, past and future.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    And was God in Christ reconciling the world to Himself?
    God in God??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    You confuse the Spirit of Christ with the man Jesus

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan
    You asked:

And was God in Christ reconciling the world to Himself?
    God in God?

Answer my questions correctly and you will know:

Do you believe that there is a theos in scripture that is God the Father? Do you believe that there is a theos in scripture that is the Lord Jesus Christ?

I appreciate ya, Nick!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

I have little interest in theology or greek stuff.

Intellectualism destroys faith

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan
    Ok, I will help you. ‘Theos’ is Greek for ‘God/a god’. Now just substitute the English translation for the word ‘theos’ in this question:

2 Timothy 2:15

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

If you knew the Lord and his word you would not entertain with intellectual theory.

Is God at work in you to will and to do?

Are you a god?

Lightenup
    Participant

@NickHassan

Just answer the question Nick. I don’t believe theory is a part of it. The Hot Seat is waiting for you if you can’t answer it here then you can show us all that you do or do not have an answer for the question there. It is really a simple yes or no question.

Also, you asked if I was a god…how silly…no, of course not.

Here is the question again:

terraricca
    Participant

HI KATHY

YES ON YOUR BOTH QUESTIONS , FOR THE FATHER HIS GOD ALMIGHTY AND BY THOSE CONDITION HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON IS A GOD ,NO PROBLEM THERE ,

DT 10:17 “ For the LORD your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe.
    PS 136:2 Give thanks to the God of gods,
    For His lovingkindness is everlasting.

AND ONE OF THE GODS THAT GOD(THE FATHER OF ALL THINGS)IS GOD OVER IS HIS SON JESUS CHRIST THE “WORD”

Lightenup
    Participant

Thanks Pierre,
    So would you say that it is possible that the Son always existed as the offspring part of the Father and then was begotten to participate with the Father in creating the cosmos and govern the cosmos?

terraricca
    Participant

HI KATHY

Thanks Pierre,
    So would you say that it is possible that the Son always existed as the offspring part of the Father and then was begotten to participate with the Father in creating the cosmos and govern the cosmos?

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE SON TO BE EXISTING FROM THE SAME TIME OF HIS FATHER ,FOR HIS FATHER OBVIOUSLY COMES FIRST THEN THE SON ;AND SO AS SCRIPTURES SAYS THE SON HAS BEEN CREATED FROM THE FATHER ;THIS IS EASY TO UNDERSTAND LIKE ME MY SON COME FROM ME AND SO HIS BORN AFTER ME NOT BEFORE OR DID NOT EXIST WHILE I WAS BORN ,OF CAUSE THIS IS A MEN MADE EXAMPLE ,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Would you like me to show you all the times THEOS is used in scripture and for how many different things?
    Can you not do this yourself?

I am not a theology scholar so try someone else.
    This is not a theology site

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 385 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account