Did Jesus undergo the final resurection?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Kerwin…… Spirit can only mean spirit, “SPRITUAL” CAN MEAN HAVING SPIRIT CHATERISTICS or dispositions. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours……………gene

Spirit has a lot of different meanings in English. It may have fewer meaning in the original language of Scripture but I find the Lexicons use vague definitions.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You will not find the Spirit in a lexicon.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….I believe he will be just like we are, he certainly will be no Angel as I have shown the Scriptures that prove it. What is you possession that you think man is an inferior creation of God? Flesh and blood humans have walked on water, went through doors, disappeared, became so strong to bring down a temple, fast for forty days, so powerful as to single handedly kill 1000 soldiers with the jawbone of an ass, all things are possible with God just as we are. Mankind is the crown jewel of God’s whole creation, God can live “in” him and cause him to accomplish great feats,even to assend and desend to heaven, let’s not sell mankind with the help of God to short Nick. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

He will be the man from heaven no matter what body he wears.

He will have a spiritual body of course not like Adam.

And will you  come as you are?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Crown Jewel?

No we are the lowest of the low raised up to humble the glorious angelic beings

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

You will not find the Spirit in a lexicon.

Your wisdom us based on the principles of the flesh or you would be compelled by the Spirit of God to seek each and every word of Scripture with understanding. You fruit is that your very words reveal you do not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So seeking in the world is the way?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You fruit is a lack of understanding of how God chooses to teach. Understanding is comprehending the language that the message is taught in. It is also the ability to judge when the message is false and when it is true.

You keep condemning all men and in doing so condemn your own words as false. If the words of Nick are not false then it follows that some men say what is true. That means that you do not throw out something because a human being said it but instead you test if what they say is true.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You boast of your understanding?
    Is that wise?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……Jesus is the second man Adam. He plainly said when the SON OF MAN RETURNS. YOUR LOOKING FOR AN ANGEL TO RETURNS , I AM LOOKING FOR A SON OF MAN. YOUR LOOKING FOR A SPIRIT TO RETURN, I AM LOOKING FOR A MAN, THE MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MAN (THE “MAN”) JESUS CHRIST. YOU LOOKING FOR THE SPIRIT BEING MAN, JESUS CHRIST, EVEN THOUGH JESUS SAID OUT OF HIS OWN MOUTH, HE WAS NOT A SPIRIT,BUT A FLESH AND BONE MAN, SO WHO SHOULD WE BELIEVE YOU OR JESUS, WE SHALL SEE WHO IS RIGHT.

Peace and love to you and yours………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You boast of your understanding?
    Is that wise?

I actually claim I am seeking understanding and have come to understand somethings. I am still seeking.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    In what way is the glorified Jesus no longer a man?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Yes Jesus showed he had fulfilled the prophecy and the sign of Jonah.
    Does that prove to you he was not taken up in glory?
    Does it prove he still wears those rags?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Gene has a point about 1 Corinthians 15:50.

If I understand it correct then he believe that the kingdom of God is not a location in space but instead is the reign of God within the hearts of his creation. So accosting to this idea flesh and blood nor any physical item is in the kingdom but only that what is Spiritual.

The supporting evidence is that Paul also says “nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable” which clearly seems to be speaking of physical items including the body of man.

In addition every other time he mentions inheriting the kingdom of God he states the wicked cannot inherit it.

Do you have the ability to test this teaching by the Spirit and point out why it is wrong? If so then please show us your work.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….You may call man’s flesh rages, in your view of humanity, at the expense of God’s creative powers, but I and I believe God the Father does not see man as a puny discussing being living with inferior rage flesh.

God has placeded ALL THINGS UNDER THE FOOT OF MANKIND, no matter what you think of mankind I truly do not believe God the Father shares your opinion of mankind or his creative works in the past, at lest according to scriptures that is.

Peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    In what way do our tattered rags define us as men?

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Did I get your understanding of 1 Corinthians 15:50 correct?

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Kerwin…… Spirit can only mean spirit, “SPRITUAL” CAN MEAN HAVING SPIRIT CHATERISTICS or dispositions. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours……………gene

Spirit has a lot of different meanings in English. It may have fewer meaning in the original language of Scripture but I find the Lexicons use vague definitions.

Gene, I am not sure what you were attempting to say so I replied in hopes to make it clear.

You seem to be saying “spirt” has only one definition but I know from the dictionary that it has several definitions.

Ed J
    Participant

Nick,

Gene has a point about 1 Corinthians 15:50.

If I understand it correct then he believe that the kingdom of God is not a location in space but instead is the reign of God within the hearts of his creation. So accosting to this idea flesh and blood nor any physical item is in the kingdom but only that what is Spiritual.

The supporting evidence is that Paul also says “nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable” which clearly seems to be speaking of physical items including the body of man.

In addition every other time he mentions inheriting the kingdom of God he states the wicked cannot inherit it.

Do you have the ability to test this teaching by the Spirit and point out why it is wrong? If so then please show us your work.

Good post!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDJ and Kerwin ……. yes, Jesus said , “the kingdom of God comes not with observation, it is within you. The kingdom of God -is a spiritual dominance , within the heart and minds of all who are of God. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 350 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account