Deaf, Dumb and Blind

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

I find it absolutely amazing when someone who seems to have all their sense are actually deaf, dumb and blind. Don’t get me wrong this is not about whether people agree or disagree with one another I am talking about a person actually not hearing or not seeing phrases or words that they would usually see and comprehend and what’s worse they can see these words and phrases when they are not applied to what they wish to not see.

I actually thought people were doing it on purpose but it is more like a dementia patient or Alzheimer patient but in a spiritual sense.

If a person says God does not promote war and you show them a phrase that says God promotes war they will actually see God does not promote war. The Quran explains it thoroughly I just thought people were doing it on purpose or to try to win an argument but it is actual deaf, dumb and blindness just as it happens in the physical sense….the person cannot see…cannot understand….can not hear.

Perhaps a person would argue but aren’t you also this way but I would have to say no because if you show me a sentence I will acknowledge what that sentence says then if i disagree or would like to put a spin on it I will do so but I will not simply not see it and that is what happens not only here but I see it a lot.

t8 made this point the clearest when he said God doesn’t punish his own people and after I showed him direct Quotes from God he was deaf, dumb and blind but not because he was trying to be he just couldn’t see hear or understand

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Are you boasting of your own acute hearing, sharp vision and amazing speech?

Such boasting is offensive.

Still selling snake oil too?

We have reality.

Ed J
    Participant

I find it absolutely amazing when someone who seems to have all their sense are actually deaf, dumb and blind. Don’t get me wrong this is not about whether people agree or disagree with one another I am talking about a person actually not hearing or not seeing phrases or words that they would usually see and comprehend and what’s worse they can see these words and phrases when they are not applied to what they wish to not see.

You mean like this…

“And He began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things,
    and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes,
    and be killed, and after three days rise again.” (Mark 8:31)

Can you see those words?
    – or –
    are you blind to them?

bodhitharta
    Participant

@EDJ

you mean like this…

“And He began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things,
    and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes,
    and be killed, and after three days rise again.” (Mark 8:31)

Can you see those words?
    – or –
    are you blind to them?

did you not read what I wrote? I see these and I then say yes that is what it says and that was what he thought would occur but God saved him as he asked God to do. In other words I am not saying that he did not say that or it is not written there but if I show you that God says he will smite his people how is it you will pretend that it is not actually written?

Or when I show you that there are Arab Christians and Jews who call YVHV “Allah” you can’t simply say “yes, they do” and then continue in honesty any argument you have.

Let’s try this again:

Do Christian Arabs call God “Allah”?
    Is the day before the passover and the passover the same day?
    Is the 3rd hour and the 9th hour the same time?

Can you answer all of these questions? Even I don’t know or I am not sure will qualify as actual clear answers

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

God smites His people.

But you have no authority to get involved.

bodhitharta
    Participant

@Nick

Hi BD,

God smites His people.

But you have no authority to get involved.

How refreshing!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

You seem to think that your ideas must be right because they are so clear to you.

‘Thus you feel entitled to attack t8 and others.

But you do not have the Spirit of God.

“..where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty”

2cor3.17

bodhitharta
    Participant

@Nick

Hi BD,

You seem to think that your ideas must be right because they are so clear to you.

‘Thus you feel entitled to attack t8 and others.

But you do not have the Spirit of God.

“..where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty”

2cor3.17

It’s great what you just wrote because in the post you responded to where I only wrote “How refreshing!” I actually started to write “How refreshing, why couldn’t t8 just say the same thing” but I was told not to attack t8 for it and so i refrained. once again your response is refreshing!

kerwin
    Participant

bodhitharta,

did you not read what I wrote? I see these and I then say yes that is what it says and that was what he thought would occur but God saved him as he asked God to do

I understand that you believe the Bible is written by fallible human beings and that the Quran is therefore more authoritative.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi K

bodhitharta,

did you not read what I wrote? I see these and I then say yes that is what it says and that was what he thought would occur but God saved him as he asked God to do

Jesus was willing to do what God wanted but he was also willing to be saved at the same ,the scripture is not saying God was willing to sacrifice Jesus just that Jesus was willing to offer himself up but he says “not my will” but your will.

This is a totally new inspiration by the way but consider the fact that Jesus was the one willing to lay down his life there is no scripture saying God wanted Jesus to lay down his life but Jesus had the power to do so, then Jesus says “not my will” but your will….in the past, I not by the Holy Spirit often confused the issue as if Jesus did not want to offer himself but the Holy Spirit is on me and Jesus did want to do whatever God wanted Him to do even unto death but because Jesus was willing SO Willing God just like with Abraham withdrew the need. This harmonizes the synoptic gospels with John who has Jesus very confident and okay with being killed.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Mark 14:36
    And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

Jesus wasn’t begging to live he was begging to die…..He is not saying take away this “cup” he is saying take away this “life”

John 18:11
    Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?

Just like the Muslims of today Jesus was more than ready and even eager to die for God, but God saved Jesus from being killed or crucified and raised him to Himself

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

No you are wrong.

The anointed man Jesus died by crucifiction.

Your word is nothing against the testimony of scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Do you want to deny the death of Jesus Christ so you can deny his resurrection.

Or why is it so important to you?

bodhitharta
    Participant

@Nick

Hi BD,

Do you want to deny the death of Jesus Christ so you can deny his resurrection.

Or why is it so important to you?

The grace of God alone is Salvation….God is Salvation.

We already know that people can be killed and raised from the dead salvation is not contingent on a single act but on the continuous single act of believing and worshiping God almighty

NickHassan
    Participant

hi BD,

And without obedience to God you think He will accept your worship?

A voice from heaven said “This is My beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased”

but you say God does not have a son. Such is obvious rebellion against our God.

God is salvation, and Jesus Christ brought the salvation terms from God.

You did not like them?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

So if you claim continuously to be believing in and worshiping God you think you are in a safe place?

You save yourself?

Whosoever wishes to save his own life will lose it.

bodhitharta
    Participant

@Nick

hi BD,

And without obedience to God you think He will accept your worship?

A voice from heaven said “This is My beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased”

but you say God does not have a son. Such is obvious rebellion against our God.

God is salvation, and Jesus Christ brought the salvation terms from God.

You did not like them?

Salvation was not possible before Jesus? Jacob wasn’t saved Nick?

AndrewAD
    Participant

Yes whoever saves his own life will lose it but if you want to save yourself from this wicked generation just believe and be baptized!Voila!

princess
    Participant

Oh Andrew choosing a religion is not Voila!

much more goes into it. you just can’t believe, whichever religion you choose there are rituals, rules, regulations, text that you can only abide by. if you do not abide by the creed, then you aren’t a true believer. so make sure you know what you are getting into.

bodhitharta
    Participant

@Princess

Oh Andrew choosing a religion is not Voila!

much more goes into it. you just can’t believe, whichever religion you choose there are rituals, rules, regulations, text that you can only abide by. if you do not abide by the creed, then you aren’t a true believer. so make sure you know what you are getting into.

I think the point of AndrewAD was, selfishness itself is usually the drive to get into or change religion because most people are just trying to save themselves so he was making fun at the irony of a verse that says those who try to save their life will lose it contrasting just believing and being baptized to be saved..

In fact why should I try to be saved at all, why shouldn’t I instead embrace God whether it bring death or life?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account