Called and Chosen.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

You may be convinced your opinions are established truth but do others share your view?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Your hope comes from obedience, not opinion.

The truth is searchable -it is revealed.

Ed J
    Participant

’m guessing you do not comprehend what I was getting at. The simple way of putting it is that the chosen were called as were many others. The dividing line occurs when many who are called do not stay faithful. Thus, only a few are chosen (the few who REMAIN faithful unto death) amongst those who have been called.

Hi Grasshopper,

Forty (40) sounds more like a few to me. But of course
    people are free to interpret Scripture any way they want.
    I guess that hundreds of thousands are just “a few” to you.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

You may be convinced your opinions are established truth but do others share your view?

Hi Nick,

As I said: my goal is simply to expose you to my view.
    What you decide to do with the information is your choice

http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

If you shared what is written it would help us all.

Your view is just your view

Grasshopper
    Participant

@EdJ

Was there a conversation that you and I had that I have no memory of? I say that because you are saying “40” this and “hundreds of thousands” that. When did I ever mention numbers to you???
    Why do you address me in such a manner?

~~~~~~~~~
    Grasshopper

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Grasshopper,

Our conversation is with God

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book,
    and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and [thou] hast redeemed us to God
    by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us
    unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. And I beheld, and I
    heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders:
    and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;” (Rev 5:9-11)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

As Ed shows the hope of man is on earth where the brothers shall reign for 1000 yrs.

Heaven at death for those who think they are good enough is a favourite earthly myth.

Miia
    Participant

So you say Nick!

Miia
    Participant

I believe we go somewhere else after death (I believe they call it the intermediate state).

The a thousand years is clearly symbolic, like most of Revelations is. It’s not in chronological order either, IMO.

kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

We go to Sheol/Hades after we die and it is divided into two places one is Paradise and one Tartarus. Jesus bases his parable of the rich man and Lazarus there and I do not believe he was supporting a false teaching as some do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Angels are sent to Tartarus. Do men go there?

Is paradise spoken of as a waiting place?

Hades is a waiting place.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all…….A parable is a “FICTIOUS” ILLSTRATION, THAT RELATES TO SOMETHING, they were spoken to those who were not called to concile the truth. They should never be taken as literial. THEY MUST BE INTURPETED PROPERLY TO BE UNDERSTOOD.

When people die their body goes to the grave and is corrupted and turns back to the dust from which it came , the spirit goes back to GOD who gave it in the first place That is it. As far as the dead go , scripture plainly say,”THE DEAD KNOW NOTHING, IN THE DAY THEY DIE THEIR THOUGHTS “PARISH”. It is apsolutly crucial we abtain unto the resurection of a body and the spirit of life added back into it, in order for us to continue to live As a “LIVING SOUL” AGAIN.

“For we hope for the resurection from the dead, that will “WITINESS” THE REDEMPTION OF OUR “BODIES”. And again, “if the spirit of him who raised Christ Jesus from the dead, dwell in you, “IT” WILL, “ALSO” quicken you “MORTAL” (dead) BODY.

peace and love to you and yours. ……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB.

FICTITIOUS?
    Does God lie?

You go to great and dangerous lengths to defend your human dogmas.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

Angels are sent to Tartarus. Do men go there?

Is paradise spoken of as a waiting place?

Hades is a waiting place.

All I know is that in Greek myth Tartarus is the part of Hades the wicked go to and that Jesus spoke of the rich man being in such a place. I sounds reasonable that they are the same place and I know nothing in Scripture to dispute it.

During the life of Jesus there is knowing to be a Jewish teaching that the righteous dead waited in a place called Paradise. Jesus told the thief on the cross that today you will be with me in Paradise and the thief, being a Jew of that time would have understood him to mean that he would be in the part of Hades where the righteous waited for judgment.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

The Jews that heard Jesus would have taken it literal because they were taught such a place existed. Jesus covered addressed some of the heresies from the book of Enoch and other books that existed in the parable.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

We ask scripture to support myths?

And then teach it as truth??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Show us where scripture teaches that the spirit returns to the body after returning to God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

To INTERPRET PROPERLY parables you start by labelling them FICTITIOUS?

Who taught you this?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

We ask scripture to support myths?

And then teach it as truth??

We do not act like fools and stick our heads in the sand nor do we make up stories in our head but instead we seek out the truth wherever it may be found.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account