Happy is he that condemneth not himself

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

What does this mean to each of you? What say you?

peace and love to you and yours. …………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

sorry for the screw up, i meant to say ” blessed is a person in the things he allows”.

peace and love to you and yours. …………gene

AndrewAD
    Participant

Oh gosh I was already thinking of what rings I allow.A wedding ring,boxing ring,skating ring or is that rink?,ringworm-no God forbid!

But things I do allow myself are eating pork,shrimp,oysters,catfish and other various junk foods.I also like medium rare steak-just a little blood you know.I also wear shirts of mixed fabric,eat mixed grains,occasionally drink wine-for my tummy’s sake of course.Also beer,onions and garlic.

I watch tv-the Babylonian idiot box,listen to rock music,dance occasionally,but only with myself ):,read a Catholic bible sometimes,and have a candle with Mother Mary-Queen of Heaven on my bookshelf.

Let all generations call me blessed!!

Admin
    Keymaster

I changed the heading for you Gene, although it still doesn’t make sense to me.

davidH
    Participant

nor me.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……sorry i THOUGHT i recalled a scripture i thought said that, or something similar, but i have looked for it and can’t seem to find it, again sorry guys. If you can T8 JUST REMOVE THIS COMPLETELY BROTHER.

peace and love to you and yours. ………….gene

Grasshopper
    Participant

@GeneBalthrop

i THOUGHT i recalled a scripture i thought said that, or something similar, but i have looked for it and can’t seem to find it

I believe the verse/scripture you are referring to is Romans 14:22

~~~~~~~~~
    Grasshopper

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Grasshopper. ……..There you go, that was it, i thought i recalled something like that. The spirit does bring things back to mind. Thanks grasshopper.

Romans 14:22…..Have you faith? Have it to thyself before God. HAPPY IS HE THAT CONDEMNS NOT HIMSELF IN THAT THING HE ALLOWS.

SO IN THE CONTEXT OF THOSE SCRIPTURES, What say you all?

peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..If you can change the topic to , HAPPY IS HE THAT CONDEMNS NOT HIMSELF IN WHAT HE ALLOWS.

Would appreciate it brother.

peace and love to you and yours. ……………gene

Ed J
    Participant

T8……sorry i THOUGHT i recalled a scripture i thought said that, or something similar, but i have looked for it and can’t seem to find it, again sorry guys. If you can T8 JUST REMOVE THIS COMPLETELY BROTHER.

peace and love to you and yours. ………….gene

Hi Gene,

Here is the verse you were thinking of…

“Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.” (Romans 14:22)

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

terraricca
    Participant

all

“Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.” (Romans 14:22)

the meaning of this verse may take a view and understanding from “good to “evil”(if take as shown)

it will depend on the person attachment either to God and his son or to the devil

Grasshopper
    Participant

Some translations use the word “blessed” and others use the word “happy”. I dare say that those two words do not mean the same thing and can effect someone’s deciphering of the scripture.

Regarding what I feel about the overall meaning of that scripture – I feel that this scripture is saying that we have more freedom in Christ than we may have thought we had. It’s also a slippery slope, because we obviously CANNOT do or allow everything that we personally find to be acceptable to us. It has to be things that are not specifically forbidden in scripture. But there’s LOTS of stuff not specifically forbidden in scripture…i.e. Smoking cigarettes or marijuana.

So, if a Christian feels it’s acceptable to himself to smoke, its OK with God (according to the scriptures). But it turns into sin if it makes another follower stumble. OK…so does that mean it’s not ok for a Christian smoker to smoke in front of other believers who oppose smoking, but it’s OK to smoke when no one is there to be stumbled by it, as long as we, personally, find no sin in it?

This scripture is very interesting, indeed…

~~~~~~~~~
    Grasshopper

davidH
    Participant

Gene, might be an idea to  put a bit of context to it now you know the verse. Then people can get what your saying

Proclaimer
    Participant

Good post Grasshopper. Pretty much what I would have said. Lol, I must make good posts.

Grasshopper
    Participant

@t8

Good post Grasshopper.

Why, thank ya 🙂

Pretty much what I would have said. Lol, I must make good posts.

Haha! Yeah…you do!…lol ;D

~
    G

Lightenup
    Participant

A question that needs to be asked about things like smoking is whether or not it glorifies God and does it take care of the temple of the Holy Spirit which is our body. I’ve seen black lungs before of a smoker in a museum exhibit and it was displayed next to the lungs of a non-smoker. The lungs of the smoker were nasty!

Too many people think that if what they do isn’t done in front of others in order to possibly make them ‘stumble,’ like smoking, and they like to do it, then it is ok.  That sounds like trying to justify a bad habit to me. I doubt they could say that it is a ‘wise’ thing to do or that it glorifies God, or that it is ‘caring for their body’-the temple of the Holy Spirit. A bad habit should be called a bad habit and not one of our freedoms to enjoy. I guess when the bad habit controls you then it is hard to give up and the tendency is to down play it and not call it an addiction or a bad habit. Also, people think that their bad habit isn’t affecting others they are close to, that is a lie. A smoker’s breath wreaks for one thing, so does their home if they smoke in the home. Plus, being controlled by a substance is giving it power over you which I suppose, is a form of idolatry and not a good example at all to those around you that you are supposed to be an example to. Can you tell I hate smoking of any kind 🙂 Give up smoking…black lungs and black drapes are disgusting. I used to go into homes and replace those disgusting drapes as my job as a decorator consultant. People do not realize how silly smoking looks to those who do not do it. Smoking isn’t cool, would anyone think it to be cool for someone to put a cigarette up their back end and puff away…pretty silly, right?! There is a corelation.

If anyone thinks that cigarette smoking glorifies the LORD and is wise for their health, I would be glad to read your explanation as to why that is. Otherwise, no need to try to debate it. Choose life and good health.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8……So what “your” take on it, how does that fit in your life brother. Grasshopper gave a good presentation of how it applies in his life, now tell us yours.

I would also like to hear from KERWIN, AND PIERE, NICK, AND ALL THE REST TO.

Peace and love to you ALL and yours…………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Lightenup…….What ever gave you the idea we are to glorfy God? God the Father is quite able to glorfy himself.

Remenber when JESUS SAID “Father glorify thy name” and what was the devine answer?, “Then came there avoice from heaven, saying, I HAVE BOTH GLORIFIED IT, and WILL GLORIFY IT AGAIN.

Does The father need us to glorify him, or do we need the Father to glorify us? When Grasshopper or anyone else comes to see how much harm that wretch addition is doing to him and how helpless he is to break that addition , and turns to The Father with all his heart, understanding how much that destorying habbit has hold of him, and ask THE FATNER FOR HELP, it will leave him in a instant, and it will be as if he never ever had a cigarette.

So says the voice of experience. Lightenup if you have never had that terrible addiction it is easy to criticize it.

Grasshopper don’t condemn yourself in what you allow, but i would recommend that you do come to see it for what it is and it’s long term effect on you body, that is if you do have the addiction, it does take it’s toll in time.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………………gene

Grasshopper
    Participant

There are many things that Christians “allow” in their life that are not healthy e.g. coffee & tea (caffeine -[too much caffeine can damage the heart]), Energy Drinks (have too many in a day and risk dying),Greasy Cheeseburgers and Red meat, in general (clogging of arteries, etc), Sports (how many athletes have died while playing/participating in their sport – they risk severe injury and death everytime they play). Heck, even driving a car is more unhealthy (cars create unhealthy exhaust and increase our chances of dying everytime we get into one) than riding a bicycle. Should a Christian who only rides bicycles condemn the Christian that chooses to drive a car instead? Or vice versa?

I could go on and on, but I think you all get the idea.
    The fact of the matter is that scripture says that it is NOT sin if we do not consider it to be sin.

That’s why I am finding this scripture to be VERY interesting and intriguing, indeed…

~~~~~~~~~
    Grasshopper

Lightenup
    Participant

@GeneBalthrop

you asked:

What ever gave you the idea we are to glorfy God? God the Father is quite able to glorfy himself.

Are you joking??? Surely you can’t be serious.
    How’s this for your answer:
    1 Cor 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

1 Cor 6:20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

John 15:8 By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.

Matt 5:16 “Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Satisfied Gene?
    BTW, good for you to kick the habit of your smoking addiction…have you glorified His name and thanked Him for setting you free? Since you don’t think you are supposed to glorify God, I hope after you have read those verses, you rethink your position.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 138 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account