Basic logic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 248 total)
  • Author
    princess
    Participant

T8,

Hypothetically you have God and Jesus standing in front of you. You are asked to bow to your God? whom do you choose?

terraricca
    Participant

hi princess

your question is a easy one we all should worship the same God of Christ ,his father and our father and our God and Jesus God ,

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

Study scripture and you will see the word ‘worship’ in a biblical context and who that word is legitimately applied to.

You should study it some more as there is bias in translating certain words to worship.

Luke 4:5-8(Weymouth New testament)

5The Devil next led Him up and caused Him to see at a glance all the kingdoms of the world. 6And the Devil said to Him, “To you will I give all this authority and this splendour; for it has been handed over to me, and on whomsoever I will I bestow it. 7If therefore you do homage to me, it shall all be yours.’ 8Jesus answered him, “It is written, ‘To the Lord thy God thou shalt do homage, and to Him alone shalt thou render worship.'”

Luke 4:5-8Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. 7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. 8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Weymouth catches more subtle points than the AV of KJV. Satan is saying homage because of its vagueness and Jesus sees the deception and places the word in the context of worshiping God.

Have you reached the point in your lessons when you have learned there is alternatives to translating a word in the original languages to worship?

Andrew AD
    Participant

Andrew has no point at all says terraricca? Well if we honour God and honour Jesus and according to T8 we can also honour King David and other saints in the same way then I hear a faint cry from Rome calling us home.

kerwin
    Participant

AndrewAD,

1 Chronicles 29:20Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

20 And David said to all the congregation, Now bless the Lord your God. And all the congregation blessed the Lord God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the Lord, and the king.

A better translation is paid homage to than worshiped.

Andrew AD
    Participant

Dear Princess, your journey has you where? I honestly don’t get your point here. You are not”there”? Just where is there? Do you mean worshiping a flesh and blood being? Fear not for Christ and his blessed Mother are now spirit. Feel free to honour them all as T8 even says.

terraricca
    Participant

Andrew has no point at all says terraricca? Well if we honour God and honour Jesus and according to T8 we can also honour King David and other saints in the same way then I hear a faint cry from Rome calling us home.

RO 1:21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

EPH 6:2 HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER (which is the first commandment with a promise),

HEB 2:7 “YOU HAVE MADE HIM FOR A LITTLE WHILE LOWER THAN THE ANGELS;
    YOU HAVE CROWNED HIM WITH GLORY AND HONOR,
    Ro 13:5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.
    Ro 13:6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing.
    Ro 13:7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor

you always should give honor as to each deserved it ;like a saint honor him as a saint ,but what does it mean give honor ? do you know ?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hypothetically you have God and Jesus standing in front of you. You are asked to bow to your God? whom do you choose?

I would honour the Father as God and Jesus as the son of God.

Is the son of God not worthy of our honour and praise? Or is the son of God such a lowly position that we have to elevate him to God in order to receive honour?

The Father of our Lord Jesus Christ is his God and our God.

John 20:17
    Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,
    ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’

Proclaimer
    Participant

You should study it some more as there is bias in translating certain words to worship.

Kerwin, this is the point I am making. Do you read my posts or not. You should if you are going to critique them.

The word ‘worship’ is the same word ‘honour’ and ‘bow down’. Depends on the translators as to what they decided was the most appropriate word to use.

I guess when it came to Jesus, a translator who holds him as God may choose ‘worship’.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Have you reached the point in your lessons when you have learned there is alternatives to translating a word in the original languages to worship?

See my post above.

Proclaimer
    Participant

@kerwin

t8,
    If you worship two gods it makes you a polytheist. I worship God and pay homage to Jesus Anointed. Koine Greek does not always mark the difference between the two but there is a difference. It is probably one of many things you are to understand by the context.

What are you going on about now. I am sure you need to read my posts properly. Please read them before replying. I shouldn’t even need to tell you that. I do not worship Jesus as God or a god. I have been saying this from the beginning of these forums.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Still cannot see it. I will make it easy for you.

Do not honour Jesus, King David, etc if that fits with your theology.

I honour Jesus as the son of the living God. No one is twisting your arm to not honour him or dishonour him. That is your decision.

But this should be enough for you and all the skeptics. I honour and worship only the Father as God. It is really simple and it is true.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Why is it that most here will believe I say and teach anything but what I really say and teach. Is this done on purpose to slander me or is it really just plain ignorance? I don’t like the choices, but it has to be one or the other. Or what?

The Pharisees did the same with Jesus Christ. Misinterpreted his teachings and then crucified him for the misinterpretation.

kerwin
    Participant

T8,

Did you misspeak when you said “I worship Jesus as the son of God”?

I know the AV of the KJV uses worship in reference to Jesus and King David but unless the meaning of the word has changed over time that is a mistaken translation.

I also know your English is slightly different than mine as I live in a different country.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

According to what I have been taught the word worship is reserved for God alone while homage can be used with him or others. The thesaurus I looked at does name them as synonyms.

AndrewAD
    Participant

Or what says T8? So you worship God as God and Jesus as the Son of God if I understand you correctly.? So you worship two invisible beings who jointly rule the universe right? I won’t crucify you for that and shame on those who would.

kerwin
    Participant

AndrewAD,

Are you being honest is testing t8?

What definition is t8 using when referring to God and what definition is he using when referring the Jesus?

Are they the same?

Do you use the same ones?

I find certain thesauruses claim worship is a synonym to honor and other words.

Jesus is not invisible but I think t8 follows the Gnostic teachings that the physical does not exit in heaven so he may well hold he is.

AndrewAD
    Participant

Am I being honest? I think so.And am I testing T8? I think not but only evaluating his teaching. And he claims Jesus is the Son of God who ruleth with the Father.

And is Jesus not invisible? Do you see him in the flesh? I don’t,but some do claim to.

kerwin
    Participant

AndrewAD,

I do not see the President of my physical country and I do not believe he is invisible while Jesus is the ruler of my Spiritual kingdom and has traveled to a far country to receive his crown.

Woe to those rebels and unfaithful servants when he returns.

kerwin
    Participant

AndrewAD,

T8’s chosen doctrine is flawed as Jesus Christ is the Son of David, as of the flesh, and the Son of God, as of the Spirit. We know the first because Scripture declares he was conceived in Mary, who is a seed of David. We know the Second because God said he would put his Spirit on him.

As for your point worship is said to mean the same thing as honor or other things and of t8 is using it in that sense it applies to both Jesus and God just as it was applied to both David and God in the OT of the AV of the KJV.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 248 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account