Are angels and spirits seperate creatures?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Acts 23:8Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

8 For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.

Acts 23:9Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

9 And there arose a great cry: and the scribes that were of the Pharisees’ part arose, and strove, saying, We find no evil in this man: but if a spirit or an angel hath spoken to him, let us not fight against God.

NickHassan
    Participant

HI KW,

Yes.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

So what does BOTH refer to?

The resurrection and angel/spirits?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……Again you are trying to force the text to say what you want it to say, it does not say angels/spirits, as if they are the samething. It says “a spirit “or” an angel. Angels are not spirits they have spirits placed in them , just as we are not spirits but have spirits “in” us also.

You spend much effort trying to destort what is written, and then accuse others of doing exactly what you do.

peace and love to you and yours. ……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

So back to the question

What does BOTH REFER TO?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB

8 For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.

Now BOTH refers to two things.

Yet there seem to be three possibilities in the verse.

Scripture is very accurate and precise so why does it say BOTH for 3?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Interesting question as neither alludes to angels and spirits as the nor show but both could apply to all of them in some manner or just two of them.

Other versions write it as:

English Standard Version
    For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, nor angel, nor spirit, but the Pharisees acknowledge them all.

New American Standard Bible
    For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, nor an angel, nor a spirit, but the Pharisees acknowledge them all.

Modern Jews believe they are different and they are descendants of the Pharisees.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

So what do the manuscripts say?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

It is the same Koine Greek word that different translators translate differently. The AV of the KJV translates it to them in Acts 19:16 but usually it is translated both any other times it occurs in the NT.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Thanks

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You are welcome.

kerwin
    Participant

The bottom line is that many of the Jews of today teach that angels and spirits are separate types of beings. They also teach that spirit can either be servants of God or servant of evil. I find nothing in Scripture that disagrees with those teachings.

An interesting aside is that most spirits mentioned in Scripture are evil. The Greek word translated demon can be translated to the English word spirit with the definition of a “supernatural” creature such as a dryad but not necessary evil. Scripture only uses it for immaterial evil creatures that posses human beings which is where the common modern English definition comes from.

NickHassan
    Participant

HI KW,

So you finding nothing to disagree with those claims somehow validates them?

There are demons, evil and unclean spirits, devils, satans and lusts.

None are angelic like the seven spirits before the throne.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

They are teachings of the religion that Paul claims is the same religion he follows. He taught a different way but so did the Pharisees and the Sadducees. The Sadducee and the Pharisees had a difference of opinion about the matter. Those that follow the Way agree with the Pharisees as far as angels and the resurrection but to some degree about spirits.

Many teach evil spirits are fallen angels because both evil spirits and Satan are tempters.

Can you make a case based on Scripture that evil spirits are fallen angels?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Where did Paul claim to follow the Jewish religion?

O you mean historically before he met Jesus and followed him?

There is no case for evil spirits being fallen angels[gen6]

Enoch may help you

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

He never stopped following the Jewish religion. All he changed is from the way of the Pharisees to the way of the Nazarene.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Really?

So what was the RUBBISH he put behind him? Phil3

Do you not accept that there are two covenants? Gal4 .24

Are you among the free children of promise?

Do you not have Jesus Christ as High Priest?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I have already pointed out the time when Paul said “our religion” to the Jews he was speaking of as they were conversing about the way of Christ.

Acts 26:4-7Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

4 My manner of life from my youth, which was at the first among mine own nation at Jerusalem, know all the Jews; 5 which knew me from the beginning, if they would testify, that after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee. 6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers: 7 unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope’s sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

He use “our” and not “their”. “Their” is correct word to use after you trade one religion for another but you already know that being an English speaker.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

He gained the Spirit and gave up the world and the things of the world and yet chose to purify himself as it the custom of Jews but not of Gentiles.

One of those things is righteousness that is gained by human effort and those forgiveness of sins for their is not true righteousness under the Law of Moses.

He tells us “touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.” (Philippians 3:6)

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

One religion two covenants though their are actually more including God’s covenant with Noah and later an additional one with Abraham.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account