Apologetics

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hey, you guys have the same Avatar.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 04 2012,04:16)

Quote (terraricca @ July 03 2012,17:17)
    ALL what God does is out of LOVE

no one his love

T,
    Scripture states otherwise:

1 John 4:16 – Theos agapē estin
                              “God is Love”

God's character embodies Love

Wm

God is spirit ,

so he is not LOVE but all he does is in LOVE,character is not his being,right ???their are many things in an character ,right ???

Samuel
    Participant

I'm not exactly sure what lead you to this theology. But, GOD is indeed LOVE, and without GOD there is not LOVE.

In time, those that seek GOD, will also realize that.

Although, it is clearly stated in the Bible, as Seekingtruth displayed. (I normally don't put in the scriptures, because I think that one should be compelled to seek out the scriptures themselves.)

One has to only examine their life without GOD in it to find that there really was not true LOVE in their life. But, when you invite GOD into your life, you discover there becomes True Love.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ July 04 2012,15:47)
    I'm not exactly sure what lead you to this theology.  But, GOD is indeed LOVE, and without GOD there is not LOVE.

In time, those that seek GOD, will also realize that.  

Although, it is clearly stated in the Bible, as Seekingtruth displayed.  (I normally don't put in the scriptures, because I think that one should be compelled to seek out the scriptures themselves.)

One has to only examine their life without GOD in it to find that there really was not true LOVE in their life.  But, when you invite GOD into your life, you discover there becomes True Love.

I do not say anything different than you do , except that LOVE is a quality of Gods Character,not HIS BEING

Just us we have to learn to LOVE the way God as LOVE US

so the understanding of the way God loves is critical

Samuel
    Participant

So, what you are saying is that you have a different way of saying the same thing?

I can understand that.

seekingtruth
    Participant

T,
    I don't believe any of us disagree that much on God embodying love. The point we are trying to make is in the Greek it literally states “God is love” while your stating it does not (maybe it translates differently in you language) but either way your argument is with scripture not me.

Wm

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 03 2012,23:47)
    Hey, you guys have the same Avatar.

Yea I've read a post wondering “when did I said that” then I realize I didn't! :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 04 2012,17:27)
    T,
    I don't believe any of us disagree that much on God embodying love. The point we are trying to make is in the Greek it literally states “God is love” while your stating it does not (maybe it translates differently in you language) but either way your argument is with scripture not me.

Wm

ST

Agape
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    For other uses, see Agape (disambiguation).

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (June 2011)
    Agape ( /ˈæɡəpiː/[1] or /əˈɡɑːpeɪ/; Classical Greek: ἀγάπη, agápē; Modern Greek: αγάπη IPA: [aˈɣapi]) is one of the Koine Greek words translated into English as love, one which became particularly appropriated in Christian theology as the love of God or Christ for humankind. In the New Testament, it refers to the covenant love of God for humans, as well as the human reciprocal love for God; the term necessarily extends to the love of one’s fellow man.[2] Many have thought that this word represents divine, unconditional, self-sacrificing, active, volitional, and thoughtful love. Although the word does not have specific religious connotation, the word has been used by a variety of contemporary and ancient sources, including Biblical authors and Christian authors. Greek philosophers at the time of Plato and other ancient authors have used forms of the word to denote love of a spouse or family, or affection for a particular activity, in contrast to philia (an affection that could denote friendship, brotherhood or generally non-sexual affection) and eros, an affection of a sexual nature. Thomas Jay Oord has defined agape as “an intentional response to promote well-being when responding to that which has generated ill-being.”[3]
    Contents [hide]
    1 Christianity
    1.1 Meal
    2 See also
    2.1 Judaism
    2.2 Eastern religions
    3 Notes
    4 References
    5 External links
    [edit]Christianity

Fresco of a female figure holding a chalice at an early Christian Agape feast. Catacomb of Saints Marcellinus and Peter, Via Labicana, Rome
    See also: 1 Corinthians 13
    A journalist of Time Magazine has described John 3:16 as “one of the most famous and well-known Bible verses. It has been called the 'Gospel in a nutshell' because it is considered a summary of the central doctrines of Christianity.”[4] The verb translated “love” in this verse is agapao.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    —John 3:16, KJV
    Agape received a broader usage under later Christian writers as the word that specifically denoted “Christian” love or “charity” (1 Corinthians 13:1–8), or even God himself (1 John 4:8, ὁ θεὸς ἀγάπη ἐστίν, “God is Love”).
    The term agape is rarely used in ancient manuscripts, but was used by the early Christians to refer to the self-sacrificing love of God for humanity, which they were committed to reciprocating and practicing towards God and among one another (also see kenosis). When 1 John 4:8 says “God is love,” the Greek New Testament uses the word agape to describe God's love.
    Agape has been expounded on by many Christian writers in a specifically Christian context. C. S. Lewis, in his book The Four Loves, used agape to describe what he believed was the highest level of love known to humanity—a selfless love, a love that was passionately committed to the well-being of the other.[5] In his book, The Pilgrimage, author Paulo Coelho defines it as “the love that consumes,” i.e., the highest and purest form of love, one that surpasses all other types of affection.[citation needed]
    The Christian usage of the term agape comes almost directly from the canonical Gospels' accounts of the teachings of Jesus. When asked what was the great commandment, “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40)
    In the King James Version of the New Testament, the word agape is translated “charity” [in some places] which has a contemporary connotation of giving to meet needs of the less fortunate.[5]
    In Judaism, the first

their is more from were this comes from;

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account