Addiction

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Miia
    Participant

I agree but I find it more difficult to do though I pray. It seems there is more to giving it to God than saying the words.

Kerwin, I think the secret may be walking with God.

Where my ex went for three months, they lived ate, slept detoxed and dealt with deep issues together……The secret was being away from their temptations, supporting one another through the process.

My friend who detoxed alone with God’s help walked with God…..I have another friend who also walked with God…..By this, I mean they speak and act as if God is there with them all of the time…..So, like those in the rehab, they are not alone….and they are perfectly sane members of society btw.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TO ALL….The question is, who get the glory, you or GOD, IF YOU QUITE by you own efforts, you get the glory, and your reliance on GOD is not increased, if YOU GIVE UP and admit you can’t overcome your addition yourself, asking GOD FOR HELP, believing he TRULY hears your prayer and placing it in his hands, it will be removed from you and you will not even have any withdrawals, it will be as if you never had the addiction. This is how you can know that GOD GAVE YOU THE VICTORY, it will be instantly done.

This happened to me with a nicotine habbit i had 18 years ago, and it has been as if i never had ever smoked To this very day. I take no credit for the victory, no not any, it happened after i completely gave up trying and gave it to GOD THE FATHER, IT HAPPENED INSTANTLY. I tried on my own for a year, everything you could think of without secess, when i finally realized i would have that wretched habbit until it would take my life and finally gave up trying, and decided to continue to smoke and not try any longer to quite, and taking it to GOD IN PRAYER, I told him I couldn’t overcome it, and was not going to even try any longer, and if he did not help me quite, i was not going to try any longer. I got up from that prayer and just waited for a desire for another cigarette but it never came, it was as if i had never smoked in my life.

THAT IS HOW I KNOW GOD THE FATHER DID IT, NOT MYSELF, IT ALSO INCREASE MY FAITH IN HIM, IT WILL GIVE YOU AN SAMPLE OF WHAT GOD CAN DO IN YOUR LIFE ALSO.

PAUL SAID, “told us this, “he that works mircales among you does he do it by works of the law or by the hearing of your faith.” and again, “it is by faith you are saved and that not of yourself, it is a gift from God”.

Peace and love to you all and yours. ………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Mia,

Do they just believe that God is present and intimate with them or there more to it?

I have been  told you have to believe God will give you his strength so that you can resist temptation.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Are you trying to say there is a wrong way and a right way to resist the devil?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Yes, I believe that is the start.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………it not about us resisting anything, it about trusting in GOD THE FATHER. NEVER FORGET TRUE RIGHTIOUSNESS IS A CREATION , WE ARE NOT creators, we are the one being created unto righteousness. Its all about FAITH IN GOD THE FATHER. WE NEED TO PUT OUR SELVES IN HIS HANDS BECAUSE HE CARES FOR US. SCRIPTURE SAY “OPEN WIDE YOUR MOUTH AND I SHALL FILL IT. Remember the little birds in the nest, how intently they look at their mother to be fed and be give them nurishment to sustain life. They look with all their being toward tneir life source ,we need to also,look to GOD THE FATHER THE SAME WAY BECAUSE HE IS OUR LIFE SOURCE.

HERE WHat Jesus said….MAT 5:33-39

Again, you have heard that it has been said by them of ol# time you shallnot forswearthyself, but shall perform unto rhe LORD your oaths:34, but I say unto you swear no at all, neither by heaven; for it is GOD Throne: nor by the earth for it ishisfoot stool: neither by Jerusalem; because itis the city of the great King. Neither shalt you swear by yourhead, because you cannot make one hair white or black.37,but let your communication be yes, yes or no, no, for whatsoever ia more then these comes of evil.

38….you HAVE HEARD that it has been said, an eye for an eye ,an tooth for a tooth,: 39, BUT I SAY UNTO YOU, THAT YOU “REIST NOT EVIL”: BUT WHOMSOEVER SHALL SMITE YOU ON YOUR RIGHT CHEEK, TURN TO HIM THE OTHER ALSO.

IF EVIL COMES IT COMES, DON’T RESIST IT, TRUST IN GOD, PUT YOU WHOLE LIFE IN HIS HANDS LIKE Jesus our lord and more important OUR BROTHER did?. IMO.

peace and loveto you and yourd………………….gene

Miia
    Participant

This happened to me with a nicotine habbit i had 18 years ago, and it has been as if i never had ever smoked To this very day. I take no credit for the victory, no not any, it happened after i completely gave up trying and gave it to GOD THE FATHER, IT HAPPENED INSTANTLY. I tried on my own for a year, everything you could think of without secess, when i finally realized i would have that wretched habbit until it would take my life and finally gave up trying, and decided to continue to smoke and not try any longer to quite, and taking it to GOD IN PRAYER, I told him I couldn’t overcome it, and was not going to even try any longer, and if he did not help me quite, i was not going to try any longer. I got up from that prayer and just waited for a desire for another cigarette but it never came, it was as if i had never smoked in my life.

Gene……that’s exactly what my friend did and also had no withdrawals.
    She’s a dear old 70 year old now.  She had it hard but walks so close to God, and gets this twinkle in her eyes when she speaks……it’s as if everything she does is for Him…..

I have not been addicted to alcohol or drugs due to too many responsibilities, but have lived with those addicted most of my life. However, I have an addictive personality and still struggle with other addictions, tobacco being one. Good on you for quitting with God’s help.

Miia
    Participant

Do they just believe that God is present and intimate with them or there more to it?

Kerwin…..One is an Adventist lady and the other Catholic.  The Catholic has the gift of discernment of spirits and deliverance.  So, wherever she goes, she perceives more than we see and hear and talks with God whenever she feels to, and God speaks with her.  We became accustomed to her praying with people regardless of where they are, in public won’t worry her.  She walks into any situation to help people whether the situation is dangerous or not.

I have been  told you have to believe God will give you his strength so that you can resist temptation.

Yes, faith which we can lack.

Miia
    Participant

Is @Admin aware there is something wrong with the post displays?

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

it not about us resisting anything,

Do you believe that James is wrong when he states “resist the devil and he will run away”?

It is in James 4:7.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

IF EVIL COMES IT COMES, DON’T RESIST IT,

This sounds lime I am being told not to do evil on those who do evil to me or mine but instead to trust God.  This is one I find hard to obey.  I even find not to be full evil though and desires when someone does evil to me.  Jesus tells me even do doing that even if I do not do evil to those that do evil to me is being faithless.

kerwin
    Participant

@admin,

I posted twice and they are now showing.

Admin
    Keymaster

I installed some caching code to speed things up a bit. However, I noticed that posts didn’t show up because the older version of the page would show instead. I deleted the code. Hopefully this post shows up and you guys are not experiencing the problem any longer.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin….I SIMPLY QUOTED WHAT JESUS SAID, THOSE WERE HIS WORDS, NOT MINE KERWIN, evil is evil, know matter who does it but Satan is not what evil is, he simply does evil. Jesus even said this about us, ” if you being (existing in a state of) evil, know how to give good gifts to your childern, how much more will your heavenly father give them of his spirit that ask. We are told to ask, knock, seek, and believe you have those thing you ask for if they are in the will of GOD.

PAUL SAYS, “Tell me this he that works mircales among you , does he do it by works of the law or by the hearing of your faith.” It all about true faith brother, who we truly are trusting in, ourselves or God the Father. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

I made two posts to you.  I was commenting that it is hard to not do evil when evil is done to you.  It is a test of a person’s heart.

The other post is that I pointed out that James instructed Christians to resist the devil after you said words that contradicted his instruction.  Do you think Paul preached a different gospel than James?

kerwin
    Participant

@admin

It shows.  Thank you.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Prayer and Fasting but the most important thing is to always remember God because when Satan makes you feel guilty you keep thinking what’s the use and keep sinning so the first thing is to remove the guilt and simply start setting limitations and restrictions until you can control the impulse if for some reason you can’t seem to ever control the impulse and the sin is not of the highest order then know that God’s grace is sufficient for you….sometimes just knowing that will free you

Proclaimer
    Participant

@Genebalthrop

IF EVIL COMES IT COMES, DON’T RESIST IT,

Is the Devil evil?

1 John 5:18
    We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.

James 4:7
    Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

So you say not to resist evil, but scripture says that the Devil is evil and we are to trust in God and resist the Devil.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account