3 BAPTISMS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 314 total)
  • Author

Many today are content knowing that they were sprinkled when they were children in the church. Yet, in the New Testament, all who were baptized were required to believe in Jesus Christ with all of their hearts (Acts 8:36) and then they were taken and baptized in water (Acts 8:38). Nothing has changed. If you have not been baptized since you have become a believer, you should have it done.

Many are unclear about baptism. For instance, there is not just one baptism spoken of in scripture, but three. There is the baptism that saves us by the baptism of blood. There is the baptism of water and there is the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

The baptism of salvation is not recognized by most churchs as actual baptism. But that does not mean it is not baptism. There is only one baptism that saves a man and it is the baptism of blood. The scripture below explains that the water baptism is the figure of the baptism that saves us. When we get baptized in water, we do nothing that pertains to the putting away of the flesh, but it gives us a good conscience towards God.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

In these verses, it talks about being baptized into Christ, not being baptized in the name of Chirst. We are baptized into Christ when we are born again. This is the first baptism. If one does not recieve this baptism, one cannot recieve the baptism of the Holy Spirit because the temple must be sanctified by blood and made Holy before God will put his Spirit into it.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bond or free; and were all given to drink into one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

In these verses it shows the relationship of the blood of Jesus to salvation.

Romans 3:25 whom God set forth to be an atoning sacrifice, through faith in his blood, for a demonstration of his righteousness through the passing over of prior sins, in God’s forbearance;

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we will be saved from God’s wrath through him.

Ephesians 1:7 in whom we have our redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off are made near in the blood of Christ.

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Hebrews 9:21 Moreover he sprinkled the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry in like manner with the blood.

Hebrews 9:22 According to the law, nearly everything is cleansed with blood, and apart from shedding of blood there is no remission.

Hebrews 11:28 By faith, he kept the Passover, and the sprinkling of the blood, that the destroyer of the firstborn should not touch them.

Hebrews 12:24 to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better than that of Abel.

Hebrews 13:20 Now may the God of peace, who brought again from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep with the blood of an eternal covenant, our Lord Jesus,

1 Peter 1:2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, that you may obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with his blood: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

The second baptism is the baptism of water. It is found throughout the New Testament and all who recieve it were baptized in the name of Jesus. It is

Acts 8:16 for as yet he had fallen on none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of Christ Jesus.

Acts 10:48 He commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay some days.

The third baptism is the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations; baptize them into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit;

Acts 1:5 For John indeed baptized in water, but you will be baptized in the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 11:16 I remembered the word of the Lord, how he said,’John indeed baptized in water, but you will be baptized in the Holy Spirit.’

IMPORTANT: To do this study, it will take time, but upon completion, will open the scriptures to you as never before. Things that you read and did not understand now begins making sense.

What you have to do is take index cards. On each card will be one scripture. Then on a sheet of paper, write down every scripture that pertains to salvation. Then on another sheet of paper, write down every scripture that pertains to baptisms. Then on another sheet of paper, write down every scripture that pertains to the blood of the lamb. Stick with the New Testament only. That is all you will need. Once you have gathered all scripture, put a verse on a card. By the time you get finished, you will have many.

Now comes the tough part. This is where you need to pray for the Lord to guide you. You have to start sorting what scriptures are related. This will take much time and you will probably go back and forth for some time.

One important note: There is a difference between being baptized into Christ and being baptized in the name of Christ. This is important to remember when doing the study. Examine each word. For there is a difference between into Christ and in the name of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi h,
    You have been shown that the sprinkling with the blood is never called baptism in scripture. Why would you continue you teach what is not written? Do you not respect the foundation of the Word in all teaching?Are your words greater than scripture?

Proclaimer
    Participant

I haven't read that you talk about Nick so I cannot comment on that, but I think that often people knowingly preach that which is not scriptural because that is what their denomination teaches.

Often we see people teaching in the name of their church and not the Church that Christ builds. Their justification often comes from their own name or the name of their church. Their churches foundation (which is another foundation) often involves special revelation.

Nick, your doctrine is the doctrine of Nick and your wisdom as a teacher and leader is whispered to you by spirits that are not of God. It is not given from God, for if it was, you would not so readily have disputed this post before giving careful consideration to it's content. This is not something that can be taken likely. I rebuke you in the name of the Lord Jesus.

This topic is something that takes time to study and come to an understanding with. It can not be taken at whim and judged upon without much prayer and supplication. Each word must be examined. Each verse must be examined.

All I asked is that all of you do this. This is the only way to grasp the truth in this matter. Your indoctrinations have blinded you all and none of you are willing to seek God. Your egos are more important then the search for God. Until you put God first in all things, you will continue in carnal minds and carnal minds is death.

If you cannot grasp that which is the very foundation of the faith, how is it you claim to know the mind of God through the Holy Spirit. If you cannot grasp the milk, you will choke on the meat of the word.

t8, that is pretty good coming from someone who I don't believe goes to church either. I rebuke you also. I am disappointed in you. I thought you would at least take the time to do the study before jumping in with some irrational judgement.

Let this be know to all that many men in this group do not fellowship at any church. They are self taught. So please do not accept all things as truth. Test every spirit to see if of God or not. I have already proven one man a false prophet. I will mention no names. It can be found within the posts. The Holy Spirit uncovers all. Darkness has no place with light.

22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Woutlaw
    Participant

heiscomingintheclouds ,

let me first say that I love all you brothers the same. I don't show partiality to anyone. However I don't think it is right to condemn someone for not attending a fellowship when there isn't one in their area who teaches sound doctrine. Again, the bible tells us to not forsake the gathering of believers. It also says in proverbs 27:17, “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” I don't think T8 and Nick are against fellowshipping, it's just they don't have a congregation that teaches sound doctrine in their area.

And I'm sure they, like me, are not willing to compromise their beliefs just for the sake of fellowship. Where I live heiscomingintheclouds , I have only 2 choices, Trinitarian, or Oneness.

Again, i'm not against fellowshipping, God knows I would love nothing more than to have brothers physically present with me. But I don't believe if a person takes a stand against false teaching and resist fellowshipping with such, his salvation is in danger.

Wasn't our brother the Apostle John condemned to seclusion on the island of Patmos? There wasn't anyone there for him to fellowship with was there? Didn't he keep the faith although he had no fellowship?

Dear Woutlaw,

Brother, not all are capable of finding a church. If you have prayed to the Lord and you are content in your spirit that there is none that you felt led to, who am I to argue. If you have prayed the Lord to send someone to lead you to where he wants you to be and no one has come, what can I say. What you can do is find a brother or brothers in the Lord and start fellowshiping together.

Where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am also.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ July 09 2006,13:32)
    Let this be know to all that many men in this group do not fellowship at any church. They are self taught. So please do not accept all things as truth. Test every spirit to see if of God or not. I have already proven one man a false prophet. I will mention no names. It can be found within the posts. The Holy Spirit uncovers all. Darkness has no place with light.

Hi H,
    Are you not yet led by the teaching Spirit?
    1Jn 2.27
    “But as for you the anointing you received from Him still abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things , and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you , you abide in Him”

We are not meant to follow men but grow up to maturity in Christ.

We are not meant to be still on milk but eating meat.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi heiscomingintheclouds.

Personally speaking I do not trust any denomination in the world. Simply because they are by their very definition a name unto themselves and another excuse for unnecessary division fo the body. That is why I make the judgement that I do. They all have their own creed, even if it is not written. They are as an arm severed from the body or at least not attached in complete unity with the rest of the body.

But I do get fellowship. I meet in houses with other believers. We have decided to start with the foundational doctrines and build from there.
    I like meeting in houses because it is more intimate and less of a show, if you know what I mean. Other times we will go to some beach somewhere and have a BBQ or whatever. But because we are believers and we love the Lord, we talk about spiritual things whenever we get the chance. As Jesus said, “where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst”.

So I personally do not lack fellowship. But as I said once before, when the 1st century believers came to an area that was pagan, they too were probably limited in fellowship. But it appears that the remedy to that situation was to make disciples.

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

To heiscomingintheclouds.,

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ July 10 2006,08:31)
    t8, that is pretty good coming from someone who I don't believe goes to church either. I rebuke you also. I am disappointed in you. I thought you would at least take the time to do the study before jumping in with some irrational judgement.

I don't need to go to church, I am part of the Church and so are all who are baptised into Christ.

The work of God is to be in unity with all brethren. Unity in the truth.

:)

Dear t8,

Brother, the church I attend started out in a house and then a tent. We then went to a chapel and now have a church. The Lord has been moving powerfully amongst the saints. We now have our own website. Every church starts somewhere. As the Lord said, where two or more are gathered, in his name, he is there. We have no denomination other then the King James bible.

As for things concerning the spirit, this is not done over the internet unless the writer is inspired by the Holy Spirit. Many claim to have the Holy Spirit, but the proof is lacking in their doctrine. This is a place of proof and reproof of God's word and the validity of the doctrines of men. To discern between what is sound and what is not sound doctrine.

I understand you try to be fair in all matters and that is your position of moderator. I believe you do it well. Keep up the good work.

As for you hasty judgement on this post though, I was a bit disappointed. This study is not one that can be thumbed through and anyone who is seasoned in the Holy Spirit, not someone young in the Lord, would have realized this, would not have jumped to such a hasty conclusion. There is allot of material that would have to be covered to do the study correctly. One would have some time involved, but the benefit is worth it. I posted the article as a starting point. Most people read the bible. That is it. They do not examine the bible. You must examine every word. You must examine every verse. You must examine every chapter. Once all the evidence is compiled, you start putting the pieces together. Most people take one verse and make a stand. We must stand on it all. There must not be a chink in our armor.

The Holy Spirit leads us into all truth. Yet, we must be willing to be led. If we try to do the leading, we lead only ourselves. Until men learn this lesson, he will fall on his face. The same goes with God's word. Until men learn to led by the Spirit, how will they even know God's word, much less understand it? If they cannot recognize it, how can they understand it?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2006,19:22)

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ July 09 2006,13:32)

Hi H,
    Are you not yet led by the teaching Spirit?
    1Jn 2.27
    “But as for you the anointing you received from Him still abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things , and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you , you abide in Him”

We are not meant to follow men but grow up to maturity in Christ.

We are not meant to be still on milk but eating meat.

Nick, you claim to be led by the Spirit, but yet you have contradicted yourself, then denied it. Your doctrine is unsound. You attack my posts as if they are my own and they have repeatedly made you look foolish. You know nothing of being led by the Spirit, for if you did you would be able to recognize what is and what is not of God. Yet, you plainly cannot. I have tried to nice to you and will continue to be nice to you, but your foolish attacks are that of dead men's bones. So please don't speak of things of the Holy Spirit, for to do so is to bring the judgement of Simon in Acts chapter 8 upon your own head.

23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

For you say I have not the understanding of the Holy Spirit and yet it is your doctrine that is suspect. I asked all to study this post. That was all I asked. Instead it was instantly attacked without any attempt in understanding. This is not the way of the Holy Spirit. This is not the way of those who are seasoned in the Holy Spirit. This is not the way of those who are on the meat of the word. This is the way of the carnal man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Can you ever not judge or is it innate to your spirit?

Are you not yet led by the teaching Spirit? …..Your Quote Nick

What do you call this Nick? I asked all of you who are supposably teachers on this site to study this post and instead of doing so, you tore it down. That is not the work of brothers in the Lord. If you were to do the study, you would discover the truth in it. Instead, your ego which you claim to be the Holy Spirit came to print showing your true colors. As much as I would love for us to get along, as long as you attack what is not mine, it just proves the spirit is not in you. For I have no claim to the truth. The truth is not mine. I am nothing but a liar. Any truth comes from he who is in me, my precious saviour.

Reguardless, I will continue to bless you and hold you up in prayer. I believe the Lord will resolve this issue one way or another. His will be done.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    It would appear that we do not stand quite on the same foundation. Yours is the KJV and ours is not quite that rigid. You also seem to only accept those that believe your views are of the Spirit, and then proceed to condemn others outright.

I would ask you to be a little more openminded and tolerant as we are all on a learning curve. We are all here to learn from others rather than just expound our 'knowledge'.

I am sure you are not in search of only those of your mindset as you will find few here. You may some attract some followers but you will risk limiting your followers to only where you have reached.

Nick, my purpose here is not to do my own will, but that of God. I am not here to win a popularity contest. I am here to spread the gospel. I am here to preach and teach God's living word and to debunk unsound doctrine if need be. I do what the Holy Spirit leads me to do.

I sincerely believe that if I did not say that I stood on the King James, you and many others would have been more receptive to my posts, yet, that was not the will of the Holy Spirit. I did as was his will.

The reason why most of you will not take the time to understand my posts is to do so is to acknowledge the King James bible. Instead, you would rather be bucklers to my posts. It is for this reason your foolishness is made to look as just that, foolishness.

I will ask again that you try to put aside the fact that I stand on the KJ and try to understand the word. Let the doctrine speak for itself. Do it in the name of brotherly love.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Your point of view is always welcome.
    But it is not the only one we hear.

And it will not be the only one any of us will hear. We are all hear to grow together in faith and brotherly love through the unction of the Holy Spirit. Those who want to be leaders of this group should be always proving and reproving all things to be of God or not of God, yet it is not so. If you and t8 want to be leaders in this group, you must be able to do this. You must want to take the responsiblity with time and study, not just with instantanious replies. You are not doing what needs to be done. I posted the article on the baptisms so that all may benefit from it's wonderful teaching. Yet, if none take the time to do the study, how will any ever know?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 314 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account